Pistol problems....

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have two problems at the mo, with two different pistols:

1.  TM MK23 - sodding thing keeps jamming and at the most inopportune moments too. I have no idea why, or where to start looking

2. CS SP01 - Keeps dumping its gas when firing (whole lot comes out of the slide) / not cycling properly / inconsistent shots. I changed the outer barrel on it today, but can't see how that would have cocked everything up.

I realise that the venting issue might be because I'm using ASG ultrair? But beyond that, I have no clue....
Please help - I need to shoot people!!! 😆

• Supporters

Mk23-what mags are you using? What BBs? And is it every shot or every couple of shots?

Without knowing this info I would probably say your using ASG mags, and the Feed lips aren’t the same as the TM... a few unfortunate people have had issues with feeding because of this, I’m not one of them, but Jack is! 

What you can try is load a mag, when one doesn’t feed, tap the bottom of the mag in the gun and try again. This may be the follower in the mag..

The other pistol, sounds like a @rocketdogbert consult to me.

42 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Mk23-what mags are you using? What BBs? And is it every shot or every couple of shots?

Without knowing this info I would probably say your using ASG mags, and the Feed lips aren’t the same as the TM... a few unfortunate people have had issues with feeding because of this, I’m not one of them, but Jack is! 

What you can try is load a mag, when one doesn’t feed, tap the bottom of the mag in the gun and try again. This may be the follower in the mag..

I'm using TM mags. I was using Rzr tracers, .25g.
Played fine the first half of the night, then multiple shots - generally three before I'd stop (cos they don't always come out of the tracer lit)...

And you're right about RDB - he's suggested it might be a gas issue, which I'm hoping to check out this morning.
I'm going to try the bugger on red and see what's what 😄

7 hours ago, Prisce said:

It's the BBs!

And in the bin they go.....

I was just typing ‘throw the bb’s away’ when I read the other comments lol. 

The only other time I’ve seen the mk23 jam is when people half pull the trigger so it loads a BB, release, then pull again to fire. 

I wouldnt worry about red gas. I run all my pistols on propane which is just as strong or maybe stronger. Even a plastic slide Tm g18c that I bought off Rocket. Had a few thousand BB’s through it and still going strong. 

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I was just typing ‘throw the bb’s away’ when I read the other comments lol. 

The only other time I’ve seen the mk23 jam is when people half pull the trigger so it loads a BB, release, then pull again to fire. 

I wouldnt worry about red gas. I run all my pistols on propane which is just as strong or maybe stronger. Even a plastic slide Tm g18c that I bought off Rocket. Had a few thousand BB’s through it and still going strong. 

And into the bin they have gone!

28 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

And, as it turns out, Geoff's do .25 green tracers!
Wooooohoooooooo!

I think I'll have to keep the MK23 on green gas, cos it's @345 fps on .2s .....
But for the others, red it is!

You’re putting .25 in a mk23? Is it modded? If so get some Geoff’s .32 tracers and double your range 

12 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You’re putting .25 in a mk23? Is it modded? If so get some Geoff’s .32 tracers and double your range 

Don't need the extra range for CQB - max engagement is about 25M.... So I can save the pennies for outdoor Geoff's!

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Don't need the extra range for CQB - max engagement is about 25M.... So I can save the pennies for outdoor Geoff's!

Ahh, fair enough

Archived