WE or HK3P

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It is said that later model WE pistols are better built than earlier models. This said to be partly due to WE using the Hong Kong firm HK3P to make some of their models, among them the Glocks and Beretta PX4.

In fact some of the Glocks seem to be available outside the UK sold directly by HK3P - at least that is what is written on the box, along with "Made in Hong Kong.

Now I recently bought a Glock 17 version 3. It came in a WE labelled box marked Made in Taiwan. 

My question is: are the version 3s made in Taiwan and the version 4s made by HK3P in Hong Kong?

Or, to put it another way, are the version 4s improved in some way. I believed the only difference between them was the size of the mag release and the replacement back straps. I bought the version 3 because I wasn't interested in those. But I have since learned that the v3 isn't as widely available insome countries as in the UK.

Gen 3 and 4 are 100% the same gun inside and only difference being the lower frames looking like the real glocks , HK3 was just a way for WE to get fully traded gun's on the market , Still got 2 XDM's with full trades 1 was an early WE and the other was HK3 both the same pistol 

Archived