Small Helmets

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows of any particular brand or model of helmet that caters towards those with smaller heads? I don't mind if its a mitch 2000, fast helmet or airframe etc just after a lid that would fit a size ~54 . Now I appreciate that no helmet is going to fit perfectly but every lid I have looked at seems to aim more at people with bigger heads, anyway any links or suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jimbo

I've got a small head. ~56cm.

I found the Belgian M1 helmet can be fitted small enough for me with a little to spare. The inner liner is well designed and can be pulled in very small if needed, you might have to re-enforce the clips to do this (I use circlips over the A-clips). I reckon I could get mine down to about a 50cm with a little prodding and poking (all you would need to do is sew a pleat into the sweatband.)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELGIAN-ARMY-M1-WW2-TYPE-STEEL-HELMET-PLASTIC-INNER-in-SKY-BLUE-NO4/123048614255?hash=item1ca644d96f:g:cjYAAOSw73NavO17

Don't be put off by the colour, They spray easy, and you can find covers in a lot of camo patterns.

• Head Moderator

Cannot think of a particular brand of FAST helmet, most probably made by the same chinaman in a factory but sold by different retailers.  Think FMA are better than Emerson, which is better than Onetigris / Nuprol.

Some companies do have sized helmets (S/M, L/XL) but just make sure that whichever you choose has the adjustable dial/wheel at the rear (called occ dial or similar) that allows the head band to tighten or loosen. Also get one with separate pads, then you can insert them how you like to get the most comfortable fit.

4 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Cannot think of a particular brand of FAST helmet, most probably made by the same chinaman in a factory but sold by different retailers.  Think FMA are better than Emerson, which is better than Onetigris / Nuprol.

Some companies do have sized helmets (S/M, L/XL) but just make sure that whichever you choose has the adjustable dial/wheel at the rear (called occ dial or similar) that allows the head band to tighten or loosen. Also get one with separate pads, then you can insert them how you like to get the most comfortable fit.

Cheers mate.

4 hours ago, Iceni said:

I've got a small head. ~56cm.

I found the Belgian M1 helmet can be fitted small enough for me with a little to spare. The inner liner is well designed and can be pulled in very small if needed, you might have to re-enforce the clips to do this (I use circlips over the A-clips). I reckon I could get mine down to about a 50cm with a little prodding and poking (all you would need to do is sew a pleat into the sweatband.)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELGIAN-ARMY-M1-WW2-TYPE-STEEL-HELMET-PLASTIC-INNER-in-SKY-BLUE-NO4/123048614255?hash=item1ca644d96f:g:cjYAAOSw73NavO17

Don't be put off by the colour, They spray easy, and you can find covers in a lot of camo patterns.

Thanks very much, I'll have a look now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived