Buying a AK not sure which 1 to choose

waffles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im really liking these three AKs but not 100% sure the difference between them are  other then the obvious

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-028u-ak47-tactical-w-folding-stock?pv=4108

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-028-tactical-ak47?pv=4112

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm520-ak47-tactical-w-solid-stock?pv=3197

If anyone knows more about these guns and what makes 1 better/worse then the other please let me know

I like the folding stock and the hand-grip. i can always attach a hand-grip to the other two

but ofc the solid stock means more battery space

Your best bet out of the three you are interested in my opinion would be to go with the CYMA CM.028A TACTICAL AK47 W/ SOLID STOCK. Due to a number of reasons. 

1. As you stated a bigger battery space is always welcome. 
  2. Two the folding on the CM.028U AK47 the hinge mechanism is a week point and has a tendency to snap off if you drop or bang on a hard surface worse case I have seen has been where it cracked and broke  the rear part of the receiver. 
  3.  The full polymer AK  is OK but cyma polymer reputation has been very iffy people never keep them for long and switch to the alloy/steel version. 
  4. All three have version 3 gearboxes so plenty of spares and repairs as well as upgrades if your interested in that route, however, they are based on the Tokyo Marui design AK so disassembly is based on a lot of screw removal which can be a pain to work on. 

But to be honest I personly would not buy any of the three you listed if you are dead set on one of those AKs it's your money and your hobby but the 28 series of AKs are a very economical choice which translates into the final product and a lot of parts use subpar materials on parts such as front sight post, rear sight, gas tubes and receivers which have a tendency just to break/crack.     

If you are after an economical option, I  would recommend the  CYMA CM.048 series of rifle they use a lot more steel and still use the version 3 gearboxes but are based on the VFC designed so the field strip/disassembly similarly to the real steel one which translates to fewer screws making working on them easier.   

If you have a bit more money then LCT would be the next best thing full steel, lots of versions plenty of tactical variants if that floats your boat, V3 gearbox and based on the VFC designed. There is also E&L which are very similar to LCT. 

• Supporters

Have you looked at Taiwan Gun ? Those three are between £20-30 cheaper so even factoring the P&P from Poland you could still get the gatt AND a good few magazines for the same price as the gun on its own from Patrolbase .👍

Archived