First CQB RIF, need advice

jacko92
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've played a few field games with my Nuprol recon Alpha(and as much as people like to slag of this budget weapon, its never let me down) and I trust the Nuprol recon series! 

But moving on, I will be playing a lot more indoor CQB style games and I'm going to need a new RIF

My only requirements are:

Short barreled

280+ fps

Decent accuracy(I'm a semi-auto/precision guy) 

AEG or GBB

A long stock(I'm tall) 

RIS rail for a sight

RIS rail for a foregrip

My current thoughts are:

Nuprol Freedom Fighter AEG

G&G ARP556 AEG

KWA MP7 GBB

Rather have something that can take stanag mags to save money, unless it's a Mp7 cause that is a pure beauty! 

Cheers, all recommendations and reviews of my suggestions welcome. 

If you want an mp7, the Tm mp7 gbb blows the kwa out of the water. 

56 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

If you want an mp7, the Tm mp7 gbb blows the kwa out of the water. 

I haven't seen one in person so I don't know what the quality is like or how well it fires lol and they are quite pricey so it'll need to be spot on haha

50 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Do you have time to talk about our lord and saviour G&G ARP556?

One of my fav guns and an absolute beast.

So I've been recommended this weapon from a mate and I'm still unsure. So try and sell it to me lol

13 minutes ago, jacko92 said:

So I've been recommended this weapon from a mate and I'm still unsure. So try and sell it to me lol

Well..
Its metal and sturdy
Great accuracy and range
Small and compact

Only down side - its a hungry hungry hippo: it needs two batteries for a day of playing.

37 minutes ago, jacko92 said:

I haven't seen one in person so I don't know what the quality is like or how well it fires lol and they are quite pricey so it'll need to be spot on haha

Compared to the KWA, it’s more gas efficient, has better range, better accuracy, full travel bolt, more kick, better build quality and FPS legal. The kwa is usually over site limits.. I spent £450 on an ASG scorpion evo and sold it a few weeks later because it was no match for the mp7 performance wise. 

MP5K TM for low fps yet good range, kriss vector quick change spring very short gun but good for big guys .9i'm 6,5), ics m4 split gear box and lots of separate uppers cand change fps and barrel length, TM AUG high cycle but would require safety mod 

I've just bought this, VFC Sig Sauer -

Full alloy construction, comes with four springs for changing FPS, quick change, just slightly longer than an arp9 and takes stanag mags.

IMG_20180811_143521.jpg

IMG_20180811_185135.jpg

2 hours ago, Game Cam said:

Well..
Its metal and sturdy
Great accuracy and range
Small and compact

Only down side - its a hungry hungry hippo: it needs two batteries for a day of playing.

That does sound promising, i usually change batteries half way through the day anyway, i will keep it on my list, cheers.

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Compared to the KWA, it’s more gas efficient, has better range, better accuracy, full travel bolt, more kick, better build quality and FPS legal. The kwa is usually over site limits.. I spent £450 on an ASG scorpion evo and sold it a few weeks later because it was no match for the mp7 performance wise. 

Well the MP7 has always been one of my favorites, and youve just sold it to me lol and for £320, thats cheap.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

MP5K TM for low fps yet good range, kriss vector quick change spring very short gun but good for big guys .9i'm 6,5), ics m4 split gear box and lots of separate uppers cand change fps and barrel length, TM AUG high cycle but would require safety mod 

I had an MP5k years ago, although it was very accurate it lacked power, however the Kriss Vector is a a possibility for me if i can dig out the funds for it, cheers. as for the AUG, pretty weapon but Bullpup weapon systems dont feel natural haha

50 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Asg Scorpion evo?

This has always been another top choice but the price is way to high for me, cheers though

35 minutes ago, Lokai said:

I've just bought this, VFC Sig Sauer -

Full alloy construction, comes with four springs for changing FPS, quick change, just slightly longer than an arp9 and takes stanag mags.

IMG_20180811_143521.jpg

IMG_20180811_185135.jpg

Where the hell has this been hiding, ive never seen this anywhere lol it looks beautiful, its like an M4 and a MPX made a baby. (quick research) just a few questions! have you had this chrono'd yet, what was the true fps? lipo ready? for this price it must come with a mosfet too? have you needed to upgrade anything yet? 

1 minute ago, jacko92 said:

I had an MP5k years ago, although it was very accurate it lacked power, however the Kriss Vector is a a possibility for me if i can dig out the funds for it, cheers. as for the AUG, pretty weapon but Bullpup weapon systems dont feel natural haha

there is an MP5K high cycle but TM shoot  about 270 to 290 out box that's the range you wanted? i do happen to be selling a barely used Vector

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

there is an MP5K high cycle but TM shoot  about 270 to 290 out box that's the range you wanted? i do happen to be selling a barely used Vector

to be fair indoors 270-290 would be great, now i dont know much about modifying these internally so are they easily modified< as in parts easily available and to fit? I seen one image of an mp5k and my heart has been twisted a littleMP5k.jpg.4d508c152e50be195b92480442c52550.jpg

pretty sure cyma does something very close out the box but mostly like need a spring change. the parts are available MP5s have alot of after market support m4 stock adaptor, low profile scope mount and a threaded barrel and you would be good

@jacko92 if you don’t mind used ones, the Tm mp7’s sometimes come up used with mags for sub £300. I paid £250 for mine with 5 mags. 

35 minutes ago, BigStew said:

How good is the internals on that base though? I love the m4 stock on it and loads of room to mod. But at the price your talking new gearbox barrel hop up maybe even wiring too. I don't mind forking out like 200-300 maybe even higher if it doesn't need modding

8 hours ago, jacko92 said:

Where the hell has this been hiding, ive never seen this anywhere lol it looks beautiful, its like an M4 and a MPX made a baby. (quick research) just a few questions! have you had this chrono'd yet, what was the true fps? lipo ready? for this price it must come with a mosfet too? have you needed to upgrade anything yet? 

I found out about it in a copy of Airsoft international, had to go and try it out, fell in love with it!

Chrono'd with the stock spring at ~280 upgraded it to the m100 and it's coming on at a CQB friendly ~330. It's got a mosfet an I'm running it perfect on a 7.4v lipo, though I've read it will happily take a 11.1v. 

Only change I've made is the spring.

1 hour ago, Lokai said:

I found out about it in a copy of Airsoft international, had to go and try it out, fell in love with it!

Chrono'd with the stock spring at ~280 upgraded it to the m100 and it's coming on at a CQB friendly ~330. It's got a mosfet an I'm running it perfect on a 7.4v lipo, though I've read it will happily take a 11.1v. 

Only change I've made is the spring.

Cheers buddy, that has just thrown this weapon to the top of the list lol

I read a review on it last night and it was just perfect 

As it stands, the scoreboard:

1.VFC Sig Sauer

2.TM MP7 GBB

3.TM MP5k HC

4.Kriss vector 

5.ARP556

6.Nuprol freedom fighter. 

Cheers everyone for your input 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, jacko92 said:

indoor CQB style games

Have you played much of those to date?

You'll be sticking tight to cover and doing a lot of peek-and-pew.  For that purpose, I reckon an MP5K or MP7 is ideal (or a P90, Škorpion, or the uck fugly Mac 10), without adding pieces of furniture on.  Heck, you could run a pistol primary effectively.

Bit late to the party, but although you require a ris rail for a foregrip, I have the wildhog 7" and have a keymod to ris rail then the foregrip mounted on that. I also have a keymod foregrip, which can be used without the extra rail.

Could be worth looking at non-ris railed rifles if they fit your other requirements. I love the wildhog. Very solid build and very accurate. Full "metal". They do  9" if you need more rial space. I paid about £180 for mine and it runs very well on a 11.1 lipo with a great rate of fire and is cqb legal. Uses m4 mags, mosfet and can be easily programmed via the trigger to replace the full auto with 3 round burst.

It has the better internals than the entry level cm16 and the next version up, so shouldn't need any mods. Depends on what you want to spend and whether you want something real steel equivalent. I know the m4 style rifles are similar to real steel, but I understand the difference if that's something that's important to you. 

I do like that sig though. Good luck with your search. :)

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Have you played much of those to date?

You'll be sticking tight to cover and doing a lot of peek-and-pew.  For that purpose, I reckon an MP5K or MP7 is ideal (or a P90, Škorpion, or the uck fugly Mac 10), without adding pieces of furniture on.  Heck, you could run a pistol primary effectively.

The only cqb I've done is bunkers or lone buildings, but nothing that is primarily cqb, in those cases I just switch to my pistol. 

So a MP5k or MP7 is what I'm after cause I like stability, something with a stock, yet short enough barrel to pivot corners easier. 

At the same time if I can find a short barreled m4 varient system that can be used for the field and cqb, that would be great. 

49 minutes ago, tasum said:

Bit late to the party, but although you require a ris rail for a foregrip, I have the wildhog 7" and have a keymod to ris rail then the foregrip mounted on that. I also have a keymod foregrip, which can be used without the extra rail.

Could be worth looking at non-ris railed rifles if they fit your other requirements. I love the wildhog. Very solid build and very accurate. Full "metal". They do  9" if you need more rial space. I paid about £180 for mine and it runs very well on a 11.1 lipo with a great rate of fire and is cqb legal. Uses m4 mags, mosfet and can be easily programmed via the trigger to replace the full auto with 3 round burst.

It has the better internals than the entry level cm16 and the next version up, so shouldn't need any mods. Depends on what you want to spend and whether you want something real steel equivalent. I know the m4 style rifles are similar to real steel, but I understand the difference if that's something that's important to you. 

I do like that sig though. Good luck with your search. :)

You get quite along for £180, I might give that a look in a bit. The reason I say a ris rail for a grip is because all day holding your weapon with a horizontal handgrip causes me cramps in my wrist haha although it is better for stability . A foregrip gives me better manoeuvrability. 

Im not too bothered about material or it feels like the real thing. As long as its sturdy and doesn't flex. 

1 hour ago, jacko92 said:

The only cqb I've done is bunkers or lone buildings, but nothing that is primarily cqb, in those cases I just switch to my pistol. 

So a MP5k or MP7 is what I'm after cause I like stability, something with a stock, yet short enough barrel to pivot corners easier. 

At the same time if I can find a short barreled m4 varient system that can be used for the field and cqb, that would be great. 

You get quite along for £180, I might give that a look in a bit. The reason I say a ris rail for a grip is because all day holding your weapon with a horizontal handgrip causes me cramps in my wrist haha although it is better for stability . A foregrip gives me better manoeuvrability. 

Im not too bothered about material or it feels like the real thing. As long as its sturdy and doesn't flex. 

This is my setup. Removed the noise enhancer for a stubby mod. Cheap T1 clone, protector and a mobius mount. Still very light and pointable. :)

Wildhog 7 inch.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jacko92 said:

cause I like stability, something with a stock

Depending on the site and how you're going to play it, I'd value quick aimability over stability in indoors CQB with a lot of cover and angles.  I find myself having to radically adjust aim in CQB a lot more than keeping it steady.  To the extent that I always ran my M4 with the stock right in, and eventually just hacksawed the whole stock tube off and front wired it.  I'd never run another gun with a stock in CQB.

This is coming across as a bit ranty zealot, but that's not my intention, just to throw some alternative ideas out there.  I'd suggest that you try the site with your current gun before investing in something else, and see if you can blag a go on a variety of platforms while you're there to find out what works for you.

10 minutes ago, tasum said:

This is my setup. Removed the noise enhancer for a stubby mod. Cheap T1 clone, protector and a mobius mount. Still very light and pointable. :)

Wildhog 7 inch.jpg

That is pretty, off topic them mobius action cams any good? 

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Depending on the site and how you're going to play it, I'd value quick aimability over stability in indoors CQB with a lot of cover and angles.  I find myself having to radically adjust aim in CQB a lot more than keeping it steady.  To the extent that I always ran my M4 with the stock right in, and eventually just hacksawed the whole stock tube off and front wired it.  I'd never run another gun with a stock in CQB.

This is coming across as a bit ranty zealot, but that's not my intention, just to throw some alternative ideas out there.  I'd suggest that you try the site with your current gun before investing in something else, and see if you can blag a go on a variety of platforms while you're there to find out what works for you.

Yeah I get your point. You need to be able to rotate the weapon and not having a stock helps. So maybe what I need is something with a fully retractable stock of folding stock. Cause I do prefer a stock, I like it pinned in my shoulder and being able to support the weapon when aiming 

Archived