Followers on some aeg midcap magazines.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm thinking of those small bullet shaped pieces of plastic that stick out when the mag is empty.

Is there a danger of them breaking off:

When you put an empty mag into the mag well?

When you drop them in a dump pouch, or replace them in a mag pouch?

I have three G&G mags which have these things and they look to be be rather fragile.

• Supporters

They'll be fine.

Also - why would you be putting an empty mag in the rifle?

They are sturdy, they wont break easily, i took them out of mine however, it made feeding a living hell. (for some reason)

but yeah. push the pin back in before you put an empty mag in the rifle for for show.

When I watch youtube videos people do it repeatedly.

Especially with pistols.

People like to play with their guns.

I don't do it myself but lots of owners keep dry firing their guns, attaching and removing their mags, racking

the slides and hitting the slide release levers apparently because they like the sound.😄

One of these things in one of my midcaps for my avalon just disappeared one day... Literally only after having it for a week or so.

Didn't see it fall our or anything and the mag still feeds ok so no idea what happened to it.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

When I watch youtube videos people do it repeatedly.

Especially with pistols.

People like to play with their guns.

I don't do it myself but lots of owners keep dry firing their guns, attaching and removing their mags, racking

the slides and hitting the slide release levers apparently because they like the sound.😄

Not a problem then, is it?

It could be.

How many of them wear their guns out early by constantly racking and firing them to no purpose? We don't know.

Not necessarily a good idea with pot metal parts.

That's why I would be a bit wary of buying second hand pistols.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

It could be.

How many of them wear their guns out early by constantly racking and firing them to no purpose? We don't know.

Not necessarily a good idea with pot metal parts.

That's why I would be a bit wary of buying second hand pistols.

I actually meant that as YOU don't do it, it's not a problem for you, but you raise a valid point.

Racking the slide a few times compared to the hammering it gets in use is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but general poor maintenance is an issue on second hand sales.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Racking the slide a few times compared to the hammering it gets in use is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but general poor maintenance is an issue on second hand sales.

Totally agree, I’d think you’d need to do a serious amount of racking and dry firing to have a failure due to wear and tear ? 

BUT due to poor quality materials ? Yea I could see that happening .

Archived