SE Tour Review: Incursion Airsoft Dorking (Surrey)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Site Name: Incursion Airsoft Dorking

Contact details: 07502206421

Website Address: http://www.eliteactiongames.co.uk/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/EAG.Admin/

Site Address: Henfold Ln, Dorking RH5 4RW

My battle buddy and I popped along to EAG Dorking yesterday. We hadn't heard much about the site before, in fact I didn't realise it was still running until recently! From what reviews I had seen, they seemed positive. 

Very varied medium/large sized woodland site. Varied CQB sections. Short, Medium and Long engagement distances. Some up and downs along with quite a lot of flat sections. Water features include a stream/river and large puddles. 

Good: 

Playing area variety: The site is split into two sections either side of the safe zone, one side is mostly long range with little undergrowth (Though under tall trees) with various barricades and low buildings. There is a decent fort section next to the safe zone which adds good variety with areas to hide and surprise. The second section is more natural woodland, lots of minor elevation, a bridge section, some fantastic pillboxs and Vietnam style village with towers. Probably the best village section I have come across. There is more happening to the site and they are clearing more space for even more buildings for the future. 

Marshaling: The Marshalling was pretty good, they place responsibility on players for the most part, but they do intervene when things become obviously bogged down. They are encouraging of whatever team they are following. 

Clientele: The other players were great, even the younger ones were a credit to the site (And probably their parents). There was one small incident with a player mouthing off at a marshal, but other then that everyone else were on point and hit taking was excellent for the most part. (And for me being a bullpup fan I saw 3 SA80's and an AUG along with my FAMAS. Great Bullpup to non bullpup ratio.) 

Safe Zone: Everything was under cover with plenty of space, it could do with a bit of updating as its sagging in places, but otherwise you felt safe and everyone was pretty friendly. There was a site dog as well. 

Raffle: Love this. Everybody who pays the walk on fee gets a lunch token with a number. After safety briefing, everyone gets a chance at winning a RIF, this week was a WE M9 pistol. With only 40-50 people there is a good chance of winning and helps justify the cost of the site (£30 walk on).

Toilets: Were fairly good, raised cabin style. Real ceramic rather then a hole in the ground. 

Pistol game: The site offered a pistol/shotgun game in the fort just before lunch which was great fun. I would like to see more sites do this. 

Average: 

Parking: A fair amount of parking is available. 

Bad:

Lack of mandatory chrono: The Marshals have a chrono available for people to use, but is entirely voluntary. the Marshal claims that they would be able to tell if someone is running hot by looking at distances peoples RIFS are shooting. They justify this by saying that people can readjust FPS after chrono. I can see their point but I don't necessarily agree with it. I think we should have a baseline to work from at least. It takes just one BB to blind someone and checking the FPS after is not going to help. To their credit, I did see people get pulled out for chrono who were suspected of being over the limit. 

Underpowered DMR: DMR's are allowed but not over 350FPS. I think this is partially a consequence of not having a mandatory chrono. 

Food: The food was a bit underwhelming, it is part of the fee, but there wasn't much to it. Cooked onsite sausage baps. Could do with some extra options not just at lunch but throughout the day. 

Shop: Was quite small and consequently had little available. 

Conclusion:

A very good site for the most part. Probably the best overall playing area we have been to (NOTE: Superceded by Airsoft Plantation in Essex), definitely on par with Apocalypse in terms of building quality, but this has better natural ground variation to boot. Marshaling was good. Raffle is a fantastic idea and something i'd like to see on sites more often. If they can get the additional bits sorted like the shop and food then this would be a top top site. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

This was my "home" site before the Mall took over my existence.

Love it at Dorking. The woodland areas are designed well, and have a great 'flow' to them. I'm not sure if this is partially because it's shared with a mud run assault course company.

Had some good fun in the fort.

The game where everyone is in the fort with 4 or so attackers (changing team to attacker when hit) is so fun.

Sitting in the fort hearing the "tttTTTTing tttTTTTing tttTTTTing" of BBs hitting the outside of the fort always gives me the giggles.

The on-site shop is run by Socom Tactical.

If you ring then ahead of time they can bring something from stock if you want to see/hold/buy it on the day.

Agreed, the cheap eyelid/foreskin sausages at lunch aren't great. But they fill a hole.

And I wish they'd chrono everyone as well.

I haven't been in about a year, but I'd love to go back soon.

Just now, L3wisD said:

I spot an @Asomodai laying prone with a FAMAS

Yeah I did spot that earlier! 

Just adjusting the old hop up unit. My battlebuddy is shown with his Evo immediately after!

• 3 weeks later...

Not been in over a year either, bloody miss this place!! 

The chrono issue has never been an issue, never been hit with something that was more than a usual stinger and the player marshals could sometimes be a bit hit and miss with their attitudes towards players/regulars and rules but generally never such an issue I questioned going back. 

One thing which always got me was the "games over we can all take off our eye pro now as we all promise not to shoot anymore" yeah right mate, id rather keep mine on thanks until the safe zone!!

Will try to get there this month actually now!!

2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

The chrono issue has never been an issue, never been hit with something that was more than a usual stinger and the player marshals could sometimes be a bit hit and miss with their attitudes towards players/regulars and rules but generally never such an issue I questioned going back. 

One thing which always got me was the "games over we can all take off our eye pro now as we all promise not to shoot anymore" yeah right mate, id rather keep mine on thanks until the safe zone!!

Yeah we had that with the eyepro. It was a bit weird. It may have never been an issue. But it just takes one idiot 😞

18 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Yeah we had that with the eyepro. It was a bit weird. It may have never been an issue. But it just takes one idiot 😞

yup, no chance in hell im lifting mine up!!.. 

its that one guy who went to the safe zone early who decided to come out of the SZ and test his gun into our faces, no fucking thank you!!!

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2018 at 20:30, Albiscuit said:

I’ve been looking at going here, getting back into airsoft but never been to a site. So as im not sure how it all works im just gonna take all my weapons then decide lol i’ve currently got an MB06 sniper, SR4 Mamba AEG, gbb Beretta, Glock 17 gbb and a Mac11 gbb. Hoping to pop down this weekend to try the place out. If i turn up with my case of guns is there a place to keep stuff you dont use or just holster up (unloaded and safe of course) the ones you need before leaving the car? 

A lot of people take way more guns than they need and leave their kit in the safe zone. There are lots of benches and tables around for you to stash your gear to set up and is generally like this at most places. Some sites do not have an area as such and you need to get ready out of the boot of your car though, but not Dorking!

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

A lot of people take way more guns than they need and leave their kit in the safe zone. There are lots of benches and tables around for you to stash your gear to set up and is generally like this at most places. Some sites do not have an area as such and you need to get ready out of the boot of your car though, but not Dorking!

Ah ok awesome thank you :) 

35 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Cool, it's about half hour from me so pretty close. I'm normally found at DogTag which is also not far from this one.

Not heard of DogTag. I live in Walton-on-Thames so prob 30 mins away from me, are you in the same direction or the other way. 

20 minutes ago, Immortal said:

New Malden so not far.

Just up the road, well hopefully bump into you, dont know any local airsofters apart from my mate who is starting out with me. 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, FENSTER said:

Just up the road, well hopefully bump into you, dont know any local airsofters apart from my mate who is starting out with me. 👍🏻

Cool, I'm at Dogtag this Sunday. I'll send you a message on here when I know I'm going to this place in Dorking to see if you're about.

1 hour ago, FENSTER said:

Not heard of DogTag. I live in Walton-on-Thames so prob 30 mins away from me, are you in the same direction or the other way. 

Dogtag is less than an hour from you, well worth the trip. 

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Cool, I'm at Dogtag this Sunday. I'll send you a message on here when I know I'm going to this place in Dorking to see if you're about.

Yeah cool thanks mate :) catch me on instagram if you like also @nseairsoft

50 minutes ago, E21A said:

Dogtag is less than an hour from you, well worth the trip. 

Thanks man i’ll look into that, would be nice to have an option of sites :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:11, RMDavis said:

Me and a couple of mates are heading over here this Sunday. Looking forward to trying out a new site, and looks like it won't disappoint either! 

How did it go in the end? :)

On 18/10/2018 at 16:49, Immortal said:

New Malden so not far.

I used to live in Kingston until last month. EAG Dorking is the only site I've been to. Enjoyed it everytime but can't compare it to anywhere else obviously. 

14 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

I used to live in Kingston until last month. EAG Dorking is the only site I've been to. Enjoyed it everytime but can't compare it to anywhere else obviously. 

I've not been there. I usually play at DogTag in Crawley (Holmbush events). It's a large woodland site with a variety of landscapes from dense forest to open fields, a cqb village and everything in between. My favorite venue out of the few I've tried.

I'd like to try Driver Wood in Crawley soon as it's in the same area. Alas for the mo I can't play at all which sucks.

Archived