SE Tour Review: Incursion Airsoft Dorking (Surrey)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I've not been there. I usually play at DogTag in Crawley (Holmbush events). It's a large woodland site with a variety of landscapes from dense forest to open fields, a cqb village and everything in between. My favorite venue out of the few I've tried.

I'd like to try Driver Wood in Crawley soon as it's in the same area. Alas for the mo I can't play at all which sucks.

I didn’t realise they had a cqb village, when do they use that? 

16 minutes ago, FENSTER said:

Not sure, it's always been there whilst I've played there.

It consists of random shaped structures built like log cabins without roofs. Some have a few rooms and others are just a single room. Most have open windows or low walls on one or more sides. Semi only. It's fairly small and next to the safezone and backs onto the carpark.

Most days it get's some play but not always depending on what they've got lined up and pershaps numbers attending. Some games are contained in there and others fight and retreat back to it.

Snipers generally prowl the edge whilst running battles happen within. Quite basic but fun  👍

Recently they've been clearing and opening up more of the site including some areas that were mostly used buy the paintballers. And longer games too. I played a members only game a few weeks back and it was one game all day based on Cocaine Peddling Cartel & DEA. Good fun. About 120 of us compared to often there being 300 but the members game was no rentals and no two tones. Just full on skirmishing.

LOL :lol: I witnessed some of the most intense exchanges of fire that weekend, good enough to make you stop and watch as kill squads literally shredded each other. Awesome.

38 minutes ago, FENSTER said:

Always used it on days I have been....

Tend to do am in the paintball field and pm in the other half (or vice versa) so normally get to see the whole site, but not been in over a year so may have changed things...

Do you mean the fort in the paintball field or the village itself, in the woods with the stream around it?

10 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Always used it on days I have been....

Tend to do am in the paintball field and pm in the other half (or vice versa) so normally get to see the whole site, but not been in over a year so may have changed things...

Do you mean the fort in the paintball field or the village itself, in the woods with the stream around it?

Not too sure coz I never saw the cqb part, the fort we used during the normal day.

40 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Not sure, it's always been there whilst I've played there.

It consists of random shaped structures built like log cabins without roofs. Some have a few rooms and others are just a single room. Most have open windows or low walls on one or more sides. Semi only. It's fairly small and next to the safezone and backs onto the carpark.

Most days it get's some play but not always depending on what they've got lined up and pershaps numbers attending. Some games are contained in there and others fight and retreat back to it.

Snipers generally prowl the edge whilst running battles happen within. Quite basic but fun  👍

Recently they've been clearing and opening up more of the site including some areas that were mostly used buy the paintballers. And longer games too. I played a members only game a few weeks back and it was one game all day based on Cocaine Peddling Cartel & DEA. Good fun. About 120 of us compared to often there being 300 but the members game was no rentals and no two tones. Just full on skirmishing.

LOL :lol: I witnessed some of the most intense exchanges of fire that weekend, good enough to make you stop and watch as kill squads literally shredded each other. Awesome.

I need to do a proper good few days instead of halves I think. And how do you become a member? I asked before and they said I don’t need to be a member almost like it wasn’t an option for membership. 

46 minutes ago, FENSTER said:

I need to do a proper good few days instead of halves I think. And how do you become a member? I asked before and they said I don’t need to be a member almost like it wasn’t an option for membership. 

It's the same process as UKARA to a degree and the membership number is a UKARA like other sites. You just have to attend 3 games (but with no timeframe if you already have a UKARA) and pay a tenner. You get a membership card, velcro patch and occasional member only days. On the last member only day we got given different coloured patches.

Normally they are red or blue patches which is fine but not so good if you want to remain hidden. The special event ones were shades of grey so better to wear if you don't want to stand out. They used to be embroided but are now all PVC.

There's no other perks tbh but as you get a membership card it's a handy thing to carry should you get pulled over on route.

EDIT: If you don't have a UKARA then the usual rules apply.

2 hours ago, Immortal said:

I've not been there. I usually play at DogTag in Crawley (Holmbush events). It's a large woodland site with a variety of landscapes from dense forest to open fields, a cqb village and everything in between. My favorite venue out of the few I've tried.

I'd like to try Driver Wood in Crawley soon as it's in the same area. Alas for the mo I can't play at all which sucks.

I wouldn’t bother with driver wood if I was you. 

• 1 month later...

At under a 30 min drive, EAG is my closest site, so I'm glad to see it gets positive feedback. Will hopefully try it out in the next few weeks and get my UKARA ball rolling.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 01/03/2019 at 20:37, Burny said:

At under a 30 min drive, EAG is my closest site, so I'm glad to see it gets positive feedback. Will hopefully try it out in the next few weeks and get my UKARA ball rolling.

You'll love it there. John, Martin and the guys run a good game day.

Word of advice, when you turn off the main road into Henfold Lakes campsite, hit the brakes, they're really hot on telling you off for driving over 5mph :lol:

And hope you've got good suspension! I think I bottomed out the shocks on my car at least 7 times driving down the drive! :)

My favourite woodland site though - if they play the 'Peg Game' first game, you'll have so many targets to shoot you'll need to take extra BBs for the rest of the day! It's an utter turkey shoot!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
5 minutes ago, E21A said:

Do you have to book @Asomodai? Or can you just rock up? 

Only need to pre-book if you're Renting at EAG.

Get there early if you're walking on to get a decent spot in the safe zone.

I prefer the tables on the very far left as you enter the safe zone.

9 hours ago, L3wisD said:

My favourite woodland site though - if they play the 'Peg Game' first game, you'll have so many targets to shoot you'll need to take extra BBs for the rest of the day! It's an utter turkey shoot!

I just put my gun down and go Rambo trying to collect pegs. Dont think I have ever fired a single shot in that game :) 

Well just got back from a brilliant day here! Great site with good staff and decent games. Generally good players too! Will be going back for sure. 

Archived