Abbey 144a low power gas.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm using Abbey gas, I get close to 300 fps in the current warm weather. 

Was cooler today, should have paid more attention at chrono, but would expect it to be lower.

Cheers

G

Should have been specific to help with comparing, this is a TM G17 Gen 3.  Got it used, but don't think much was done to it, stock other than PFTE and a barrel clean.

I read somewhere the additional pressure caused plastic guns to wear/break faster.  I guess it depends on how often it gets fired.

TM were prone to it, but not anymore, the current models run fine on gg, both my g22 and my other half’s g17 work fine on gg, have done for months

When you say current, would that include a 4 year old G17 Gen 3?

I orginally bought Nuprol 2.0 to use, but when I read that I got a can of Abbey to use instead.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

the thing about TM slides breaking with green gas was based on like 1 or 2 guns in really hot places popping when people used crazy chinese gas.  Even an original release G17 from like 2005 would run fine on nuprol 2.0. 

However, abbey predator is great stuff and will give you about 260-270fps consistently at 20C

I happily use 2.0 in my TM pistols. 

The Green canister Abbey 144 put out 355fps with 0.2g bbs with my TM MWS yesterday in overcast weather. 

Archived