2002/3 Classic Army M15A4 Metal

Jayjay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All, looking for some help from players who have been in the hobby a long time.

Friend of mine has dug his old Classic Army (Armalite) M15A4 Metal and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them at this age?

Had they even reached V2 gearboxes by this point? Are they worth anything now? 

Thinking about taking it off hes hands as a collectors peice, not that i really collect RIFs.

Some pictures attached.

IMG-20180811-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0016.jpg

• Supporters

Yes it is a V2 gearbox ! (Only 16yr old so they’d phased the steam powered ones out by then !)

And no you can’t stitch him up by paying F***all for it and then retiring on the profits from the sale of such a rare collector’s piece either 😉

just normal 2nd hand value for an old good looking condition RIF

Haha i was intending too pay the price its worth just wasnt sure if it was actually going to be worth anything. 

Any idea how much these were new and what its worth now then?

• Supporters

Do you know if it works ? Odds are the hop rubber is FUBAR’ed gearbox will be as dry as an Arabs dap so realistically if I was buying it I wouldn’t go higher than £60 for it , too many variables if it’s not been used in 16yrs . 

He's charging up the battery now to test it. Not sure the battery will work after all this time. Id imagine internals will need some TLC.

• Supporters

Looks in cracking nick but I do think it’ll probably need a total strip clean and re-grease from top to bottom .

Yeah i might buy it off him and get someone to give it a good once over and use it as a loaner for my mates when they come along.

1 hour ago, Jayjay said:

He's charging up the battery now to test it. Not sure the battery will work after all this time. Id imagine internals will need some TLC.

You'll probably need  new battery as well. 

If you do get it suggest looking into Deans and Lipos as additional updates to the ones Druid mentioned.  You might be lucky and be able to use a 7.4 Lipo without any mods, assuming an 8.4 NiMH, or were they NiCad back then?

Cheers

G

I've still got one going of a similar vintage, sat for 5 years not being touched at one point and still runs like a train.

They were around £220 new and I'd happily pay £100+ for one now. 

It's far from a collectors piece, there were literally hundreds around, and I'll bet a fair few still in circulation.

My advice, buy it and use it. Quick tart up should see you laughing. 

Yeah when I said collectors piece I meant more for a personal collection as Im leaning towards using my G5 permanently now and gradually selling off my AEGs for GBBs. But would keep this just as a nice looker to hang on the wall.

Im pretty sold on buying it off him now. Will just wait and see what he wants following all your posts. I think I've got a spare hob rubber and spring about. Will definitely get it stripped down and greased up. Change it to deans have a few LiPos to run it on.

Cheers all!

• Supporters
16 hours ago, MisterG said:

You'll probably need  new battery as well. 

If you do get it suggest looking into Deans and Lipos as additional updates to the ones Druid mentioned.  You might be lucky and be able to use a 7.4 Lipo without any mods, assuming an 8.4 NiMH, or were they NiCad back then?

Cheers

G

Won’t need to mod anything to run it on a 7.4 lipo it’s good to go as is 👍

me personally I’d keep to my self , sod lending it out , far too nice condition to let some knuckle head mate us it ! 🤣🤣

Archived