Revolver lovers?

Game Cam
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys/girls,

I am just wondering how many of you are fond of a old six shooter and why.

I have two Umarex Peacemakers that are my babies but a month or two ago I got a Dan Wesson 715 and just finished work on it. 

I love revolvers because I like the amount of skill required to use them effectively (especially single actions) and because THEY JUST LOOK AWESOME!

IMG_20180811_141212745.jpg

I've ofen thought about one but ffor me it would have to be one of the plastic TM ones. They are expensive though and feel toy like by all accounts.

Strangely enough I have never cared much for the looks of the Colt Python. I much prefer thr S&W ones. No idea how many bbs they hold, but I know they aren't cartridge loading six shooters like your metal ones.

19 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I've ofen thought about one but ffor me it would have to be one of the plastic TM ones. They are expensive though and feel toy like by all accounts.

Strangely enough I have never cared much for the looks of the Colt Python. I much prefer thr S&W ones. No idea how many bbs they hold, but I know they aren't cartridge loading six shooters like your metal ones.

I have been thinking about getting a little 2.5 inch TM to have tucked up my sleeve just in case ( im of the mind - more guns can never be bad)

• Supporters

I like the idea and would love to be able to use one, but sadly they're banned at my local CQB site because someone got caught using hot shells in game after passing the chrono, and they say they can't police that.

It seems like a somewhat spurious argument since wouldn't the same problem applies to any gas gun?  Chrono with weak gas, put in something hotter for the game.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I like the idea and would love to be able to use one, but sadly they're banned at my local CQB site because someone got caught using hot shells in game after passing the chrono, and they say they can't police that.

It seems like a somewhat spurious argument since wouldn't the same problem applies to any gas gun?  Chrono with weak gas, put in something hotter for the game.

Bit draconian having a blanket ban ! Yes you can cheat with some types but ones like TM/HFC/Well that run on gas in the grip they are what they are and you couldn’t run them ‘hot’ even if you wanted too !

Couldn’t get into them at the shooting range, much preferred the modern semi auto pistols. For airsoft I couldn’t imagine a worse gun, except perhaps a VSR with 24x scope at a plywood CQB site.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Couldn’t get into them at the shooting range, much preferred the modern semi auto pistols. For airsoft I couldn’t imagine a worse gun, except perhaps a VSR with 24x scope at a plywood CQB site.

Yes the semi’s are faster firing but you can’t beat a TM double action python for stock gun accuracy .👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Yes the semi’s are faster firing but you can’t beat a TM double action python for stock gun accuracy .👍

Not even MK23?

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Bit draconian having a blanket ban ! Yes you can cheat with some types but ones like TM/HFC/Well that run on gas in the grip they are what they are and you couldn’t run them ‘hot’ even if you wanted too !

On checking, it's specifically " Shell Loading Revolvers – these are restricted as a player was caught using power up shells after chronoing on lower power shells and we can’t police shells so they’ve been banned "

I guess that means I can use a revolver with simple shells and gas in the grip. [gulps, grips wallet]

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Not even MK23?

if i single action the revolver , then I’d say yes they are on a par with each other .

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

On checking, it's specifically " Shell Loading Revolvers – these are restricted as a player was caught using power up shells after chronoing on lower power shells and we can’t police shells so they’ve been banned "

I guess that means I can use a revolver with simple shells and gas in the grip. [gulps, grips wallet]

Go for it ! The TM doesn’t use shells you load the bbs directly in to the chamber and it hold 24 I think .

ive got the 6inch barrel chrome python and a pair of 2inch pythons in black . But for the ultimate shits’n’giggles I also have the shell ejecting Webley .445 revolver ! 

I love revolvers, but I've only tried the TM Pythons, and they feel so naff. Cheap clicky plastic and toylike, feels like one of those kids revolver shaped waterpistols you find in the poundshop back in the 90s. I'd love to give one of the "better" ones a try but never had the chance.

• Supporters

Are there better ones?  I'm seeing some 6 shot HFC and UHC guns in the £27 - £33 range from Taiwangun which would be a real labour of love to use in a skirmish.  Then there's a big jump to the £100+ TM 24 shots which as you note are plastic fantastics and have fps in the "disappointing" (6", 220fps) to "comical" (2.5", 150fps) range.

Shell powered versions are a no-no for me, even if I could find them.

I'm almost tempted to drop the money on one of the cheapo 6 shots just out of sheer perversity, but I can only find affordable shells for the UG136 .38, which is the meh version.

How bad can they possibly be? :P for £30 I'm tempted to give one of them a go for a laugh. The TM ones perform very very well. They're just incredibly boring to use. Like the Mk23 NBB but some people still get a raging semi over them because they perform so well. Personally I'll take the fun of a GBB over performance of a NBB.

• Supporters

Huzzah, saved by HMRC!  I've just received an email accusing me of underpaying tax for, like, forever, so I'd better see if I can afford to eat this month before buying more toy guns. :D

• Supporters

I know, right? 🤤

18 rounds as well in a rinky-dink gas + bbs cylinder magazine.  Single action for that extra bonus level of effort = reward.

I'm not paying that much for it used in an unknown condition though.

37 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I know, right? 🤤

18 rounds as well in a rinky-dink gas + bbs cylinder magazine.  Single action for that extra bonus level of effort = reward.

I'm not paying that much for it used in an unknown condition though.

I gave in and bought it - for £160 im willing to take the risk.

Its perfect cause 
1. low FPS so can use in any country
2. Not shell based so not banned at CQB sites
3. Rare as fuck so collectible
4. Single action so I can skill it up
5. Small so can tuck it up as a little back up gun

Archived