Recommended trousers in Black (cheapish) and goggles (cheapish but not crap)Black "

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for items for black loadout

Can anyone recommend some airsoft pants that aren't too expensive, hard wearing and fit skinny people? Bought a pair of viper bdu's but the legs are ridiculously spacious, I'm a 34 in pants due to my fat arse despite being skinny but the legs on those things look like they are inflated, all that extra material seems a hindrance so I'll prob return them. 

Also a decent pair of goggles that don't fog up and will look good with a mich 2000 helmet , tried bolle trackers previously when my headgear was a cap and they fog like hell, decided to buy a pair of nuprol mesh, fired a bb at the mesh to test them only for it to bend and chip the paint so weary of using them.

Cheers

Have you tried Revison wipes on the googles?  All my googles used to fog badly, but much improved with the wipes.

One with a fan seems to fog the least without the wipes, no fog with fan and wipes.

Cheers

G

13 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Can anyone recommend some airsoft pants that aren't too expensive, hard wearing and fit skinny people? Bought a pair of viper bdu's but the legs are ridiculously spacious, I'm a 34 in pants due to my fat arse depsite being skinny but the legs on those things look like they are inflated, all that extra material seems a hindrance so I'll prob return them. 

Also a decent pair of goggles that don't fog up, tried bolle trackers and they fog like hell, decided to buy a pair of nuprol mesh, fired a bb at the mesh to test them only for it to bend and chip the paint so weary of using them.

Cheers

I've been looking at getting the LBX Assaulter top & bottoms which they do in a bunch of colours so would assume there will be something you're looking for there.

Read & watched a few reviews on them and they sound like they would fit our build quite well (I'm in the same boat as you and I feel your pain in trying to get something that fits all the way down:lol:)

They're about £70 for the bottoms so not the cheapest but at the same time not quite cryes price :lol:

As for goggles I'm not too sure as I use ESS Crossbows at the moment which are ballistic glasses however if you're open to suggestions, they're great and never had them fog at all!

2 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Have you tried Revison wipes on the googles?  All my googles used to fog badly, but much improved with the wipes.

One with a fan seems to fog the least without the wipes, no fog with fan and wipes.

Cheers

G

I haven't no, do amazon sell them? I have revision bullet ants but they don't fit with my mask. Want a bigger pair of goggles now as I have bought a mich 2000 type helmet, the fan ones seem expensive, fma ones have bad reviews. 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I've been looking at getting the LBX Assaulter top & bottoms which they do in a bunch of colours so would assume there will be something you're looking for there.

Read & watched a few reviews on them and they sound like they would fit our build quite well (I'm in the same boat as you and I feel your pain in trying to get something that fits all the way down:lol:)

They're about £70 for the bottoms so not the cheapest but at the same time not quite cryes price :lol:

As for goggles I'm not too sure as I use ESS Crossbows at the moment which are ballistic glasses however if you're open to suggestions, they're great and never had them fog at all!

70 for pants!  Jesus lol, I can afford it but kind of begrudge paying that for pants.

Yeah finding a fit in any pants is an ordeal for me, always in between sizes.

I'll have a look but if they are overly expensive Ill prob give them a miss, wanting a pair to go with my mich 2000 helmet. 

• Supporters

trousers i'd go for milsurp.

goggles wise is tricky, i'd have reccommended the bolle's. i wouldn't cheap out on eye pro, you can't buy a new pair of eyes for the price of even top of the line goggles.

the problem is to stop goggles fogging you need ventilation, which isn't so good if the aim is to stop bb's getting in. i've tried various different anti fog compounds over the years and i've found nothing works like a stiff breeze.

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

trousers i'd go for milsurp.

goggles wise is tricky, i'd have reccommended the bolle's. i wouldn't cheap out on eye pro, you can't buy a new pair of eyes for the price of even top of the line goggles.

the problem is to stop goggles fogging you need ventilation, which isn't so good if the aim is to stop bb's getting in. i've tried various different anti fog compounds over the years and i've found nothing works like a stiff breeze.

Military surplus? Down the line I would probably do that but using an all black loadout currently, edited description to mention that now.

Yeah you are right about eye pro, just don't want to fork out and they end up being crap.

I get my wipes off eBay.

You need to shop around as some sellers take the michael and sell one or two packs for the cost others sell a ten pack.

Cheers

G

12 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

70 for pants!  Jesus lol, I can afford it but kind of begrudge paying that for pants.

Yeah finding a fit in any pants is an ordeal for me, always in between sizes.

I'll have a look but if they are overly expensive Ill prob give them a miss, wanting a pair to go with my mich 2000 helmet. 

It is a fair bit when you look at other stuff on the market however they are really good value when you look at the quality of them. They're a nice mid way in the market between the cheap surplus ones and the Crye level milsimmer stuff :lol:

in between sizes is the story of my life :lol:

Yeah they're quite a bit too but as Mr. Adolf Hamster says, can't buy a new pair of eyes! They do fit quite tight to my face though and I wear a mesh mask, so far, touch wood, haven't had one slip through.

• Supporters

If you want black trousers can I suggest a look on WorkWear.com, they do decent “combat” trousers for £14, they last and have plenty of pockets. I use them for work, they are bloomin comfy.

Goggles I can’t help with, since getting a DYE I4 mask I won’t wear anything else.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Looking for items for black loadout

Can anyone recommend some airsoft pants that aren't too expensive, hard wearing and fit skinny people? Bought a pair of viper bdu's but the legs are ridiculously spacious, I'm a 34 in pants due to my fat arse depsite being skinny but the legs on those things look like they are inflated, all that extra material seems a hindrance so I'll prob return them. 

Also a decent pair of goggles that don't fog up and will look good with a mich 2000 helmet , tried bolle trackers previously when my headgear was a cap and they fog like hell, decided to buy a pair of nuprol mesh, fired a bb at the mesh to test them only for it to bend and chip the paint so weary of using them.

Cheers

BDUs are always cut fairly generously, you could do worse than these https://www.military1st.co.uk/sp-cpu-pr-01-helikon-cpu-trousers-black.html

Or a Gen 3 knock off from someone like Emerson

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Military surplus? Down the line I would probably do that but using an all black loadout currently, edited description to mention that now.

Yeah you are right about eye pro, just don't want to fork out and they end up being crap.

ahh right, well tbh for black i'd look at something like those builder style trousers, tough, cheap, plenty of pockets. assuming you're not aiming for a specifically military look and just want the practicality.

34 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I get my wipes off eBay.

You need to shop around as some sellers take the michael and sell one or two packs for the cost others sell a ten pack.

Cheers

G

Yeah seen a few for like £11 for 3

31 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

It is a fair bit when you look at other stuff on the market however they are really good value when you look at the quality of them. They're a nice mid way in the market between the cheap surplus ones and the Crye level milsimmer stuff :lol:

in between sizes is the story of my life :lol:

Yeah they're quite a bit too but as Mr. Adolf Hamster says, can't buy a new pair of eyes! They do fit quite tight to my face though and I wear a mesh mask, so far, touch wood, haven't had one slip through.

I'll consider them if all else fails, think ones I heard may be good are the revision wolfspiders, dunno if they do them in black though or the price of them. 

I know its such a pain! 

Will see what they look like with a helmet. 

24 minutes ago, Prisce said:

If you want black trousers can I suggest a look on WorkWear.com, they do decent “combat” trousers for £14, they last and have plenty of pockets. I use them for work, they are bloomin comfy.

Goggles I can’t help with, since getting a DYE I4 mask I won’t wear anything else.

Are they slim fitting, as these things I bought are silly wide.

Considered a dye but I'm not sure if it would look okay with a helm or fit.

Not one of those multicoloured dye i4 guys with a thinsulate bin man hat on are you?

25 minutes ago, Lozart said:

BDUs are always cut fairly generously, you could do worse than these https://www.military1st.co.uk/sp-cpu-pr-01-helikon-cpu-trousers-black.html

Or a Gen 3 knock off from someone like Emerson

Are they slimmer than the viper? Was debating whether to get ones with kneepads in at first. 

25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh right, well tbh for black i'd look at something like those builder style trousers, tough, cheap, plenty of pockets. assuming you're not aiming for a specifically military look and just want the practicality.

Well military/tactical look I guess, I have standalone kneepads so they'll make them look a bit better.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Well military/tactical look I guess, I have standalone kneepads so they'll make them look a bit better.

You can tuck in the flappy pockets to make them a bit less builder. They're handy mag pouches though.

Personally i preferr integrated kneepads, but each to their own.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

You can tuck in the flappy pockets to make them a bit less builder. They're handy mag pouches though.

Personally i preferr integrated kneepads, but each to their own.

I usually end up stuffing empty mags in my pocket anyway.

The kneepads I have have a habit of digging into the back of my legs so trousers with pads probably would be better

9 minutes ago, Neilbarker said:

Dickies work trousers are a regular fit, enough pockets, pretty tough, and black. Cheap too, about £20

Think I looked at them on amazon earlier, may have a gander

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Are they slim fitting, as these things I bought are silly wide.

Considered a dye but I'm not sure if it would look okay with a helm or fit.

Not one of those multicoloured dye i4 guys with a thinsulate bin man hat on are you?

Are they slimmer than the viper? Was debating whether to get ones with kneepads in at first. 

You can specify size/length/fit whatever  you need. They are roomy enough to run, and tight enough to not act like a wind break.

I wear my lovely brown I4 with a DPM boonie, with MTP camo. I’m a geardos worst nightmare.

My trousers have kneepad slots in built...

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

You can specify size/length/fit whatever  you need. They are roomy enough to run, and tight enough to not act like a wind break.

I wear my lovely brown I4 with a DPM boonie, with MTP camo. I’m a geardos worst nightmare.

My trousers have kneepad slots in built...

Ah okay will have a look at them.

If that brown one is the wood one I was looking at that actually. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Ah okay will have a look at them.

If that brown one is the wood one I was looking at that actually. 

It is indeed.

Archived