Would be grateful for recommendations for lights to fit pistol rails.

• I can' t afford the high end stuff but I don' want cheap and unreliable. Cheap and reliable would be OK though.😁

How many lumens would suffice for cqb?

Try this one, its about as bright to look at as my SureFire that was £70! Its not as room lighting as my more expensive one, but it is still bright. And it strobes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y6FNCWG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On my pistol I just use a cheap china taclight giving around 500-600 lumens, and strobe mode. Like the link above.

For CQB, once you switch the torch on you become visible pretty much regardless how many lumens the light is, so you may as well have the brightest light to really see what you are shooting at.

A search on "torch" produces lots of results, for example:

Thanks for the references.

20 quid seems a bit low even to me.

Does anybody know the Nuprol ones compare to the ASG Srike.

They botn have lights in the £30-50 range, as does Element.

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Would be grateful for recommendations for lights to fit pistol rails.

• I can' t afford the high end stuff but I don' want cheap and unreliable. Cheap and reliable would be OK though.😁

How many lumens would suffice for cqb?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113104483369

This is the one I use for £10, just get two diall c123 batteries from screwfix to go with it (£2 each).

Lights up the full length dark room at my cqb site, glass got shot out first use though :(

It has a laser function/torch, or torch and laser at once, no stupid strobe just on and off which is what i prefer. 

Image is in my non lit dining room (please excuse the mess!) 

IMG_20180726_234703_HHT.jpg

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for the references.

20 quid seems a bit low even to me.

Does anybody know the Nuprol ones compare to the ASG Srike.

They botn have lights in the £30-50 range, as does Element.

I thought the same but it performs like an expensive one. When I get home tonight I'll put up 2 photos and you'll see the difference if any on my expensive torch Vs the one I linked you

You can get the x300 without strobe for £55 I think

Thanks.

Nas nobody ever come up with a mesh cover to protect flashlight lenses?

2 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

Nas nobody ever come up with a mesh cover to protect flashlight lenses?

Called kill flashes I think. 

Thanks. I'll look them up.

54 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Has nobody ever come up with a mesh cover to protect flashlight lenses?

I bought clear 2mm and 3mm perspex discs in different diameters off eBay to fit over torch/flashlight/taclight lens.  Gives better protection, and if they get shot out just replace with another one. Fairly cheap.  There are topics about this, try search terms perspex or protector. 

Thanks. 

I'll do that.

6 hours ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Yes!  I got one of those based on a previous recommendation here, and it's great value for the money.  A bright torch, a laser that can be used to amuse your cats, a surprisingly decent quality optional push-to-activate switch, and the one I got came with 2 rechargeable lipo cells. You'll want a generic 3.7V lipo cell charger for those, but for £10 for the basic unit, you're not going to get anything better for that price.

It comes with a glass lens, so if you're paranoid, you may want to fab up a polycarb replacement, but otherwise I can't fault it for the money.

Got this yesterday from Patrolbase.. £29.99

My god it's bright and it's just light on/off, no strobing etc..but it works and fits on my TM HK45t perfectly.  Am very impressed, seems solid/sturdy. (250lumens)

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/beta-project-p-light-pistol-torch?pv=5298

20180809_102538.jpg

HI,

I recently got in the post a used GBB from a member on here

He included a Nuprol torch in the sale, its pretty bright and fits the G17 that it came with very tightly / no rattle

It appears to only have on/off and the ability to flash it if you wanted, but no strobe effect

I have noticed that when I trial fitted it to my Primary (A Krytac Trident) it was loose as hell on the picatinny

SO possibly just worn, but might be an issue if looking to swap to different pew-pew's 👍

Rgd's

G