Finally had enough. I'm moving over to plastic.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Cheap or expensive  it does not seem to matter which metal ggb pistol you go for; you will run into problems sooner or later.

Being old and with disc and hip problems I will never become a great skirmisher, and so Iam a collector perhzps more than a competitor. And metal guns just seemed more collectab!e.

And yet, in the end, reliability and accuracy will always give more pleasre than a nice looking gun that keeps breaking down and doesnt shoot where you point it.

So Iam now resolved to go TM.

Probably a Sig  E2 or a Glock 17 but I would appreciate your alerting me to other Maruis that are esprecially well regarded.

Iwill run the reommended Abbey gas because, being a cqb player with restrivcted space at home, I will rarely take a pistol shot at more than 20m.

Four questions:

Will I be able to source a new TM slide when the original eventually cracks.

Will the reduced velocity with weaker gas take me out to 20m?

Will the TM pistols fit Nuprol hard shell holsters?

Will WE  Glock mags fit aTM?  I have two.

What issues have you been having ? Have to say my 2 WE gbb pistols have been faultless performers

None at all because recovering from hip replacement I have not been able to try my we glock out.

I have merely been surfing the web looking for a champion and the answer is always the same on both sides of the Atlantic: TM.

Everhthing else gets slagged as often as it gets recommended.

I'm glad that you got lucky with both your WE Glocks. I love mine and was about to get a second one.

But maybe I will not be so lucky.

Metal ggb pistols seem to be hit and miss.

Used my WE glock a fair few times now and it’s always performed well. TM are still the daddy by all accounts though. Handled a TM glock last weekend and it felt like a very high quality and smooth gun 

TM's M9A1 is superb. As is their P226E2. 

Might be worth waiting on their Glock 19 release. 

• Head Moderator

You could try the TM Mk23 non blow back pistol.  Very gas efficient.  Has a good range, and if fitted with a Crazy Jet barrel can get some serious distance. It is a big gun like the Desert Eagle, and will not fit your holster.

Several topics about it on the forum, term "mk23".

• Supporters

I’ve got a KWA 92F with a plastic slide , and I’ve been running it on propane for 11yrs and the slides still intact ! 👍

• Supporters

tbh i've never had any major issues unless you're talking mag dumps in the middle of winter.

the thing with current we stuff is it'll either be excellent (like the 226 or the makarov) or it'll be terrible (luger).

certainly the tm stuff with plastic slides is going to be better in terms of performance, as is anything non blowback, but to me it kind of ruins the fun of it when it doesn't go bang.

I’ve only ever had one issue with my WE P226. And that was during a night game in november when it was bloody freezing and I only had Abbey Ultrair.

4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Cheap or expensive  it does not seem to matter which metal ggb pistol you go for; you will run into problems sooner or later.

Being old and with disc and hip problems I will never become a great skirmisher, and so Iam a collector perhzps more than a competitor. And metal guns just seemed more collectab!e.

And yet, in the end, reliability and accuracy will always give more pleasre than a nice looking gun that keeps breaking down and doesnt shoot where you point it.

So Iam now resolved to go TM.

Probably a Sig  E2 or a Glock 17 but I would appreciate your alerting me to other Maruis that are esprecially well regarded.

Iwill run the reommended Abbey gas because, being a cqb player with restrivcted space at home, I will rarely take a pistol shot at more than 20m.

Four questions:

Will I be able to source a new TM slide when the original eventually cracks.

Will the reduced velocity with weaker gas take me out to 20m?

Will the TM pistols fit Nuprol hard shell holsters?

Will WE  Glock mags fit aTM?  I have two.

i would avoid nuprol holsters. we glock mags work in tm glock i run two. M9A1 is a great pistol and after having a go on a TM HK45 I really want one.

I've not had a problem with my WE little bird gbb that isn't to do with playing in -10 degree weather! 

It's range and accuracy are fine for cqb (around 20m I'd say) but I tend to use my TM MK23 for outdoor use. 

Completely stock it shoots accuratly out to around 40-50m on .25's. it will shoot even further on .3's

I prefer the WE for cbq because of the quicker trigger pull too. 

I often surf other forums just for general information and owner reviews.

I notice that on American ones that for every positive post about WE pistols there are ten negative ones. I don't take their prejudice against WE too seriously, because it does seem to be a prejudice. Airsoft would be poorer for not having WE products. They make a large range of competitively priced guns many of which are perfectly good products.

The same people who slag off WE have nothing but good things to say about KJW. They seem to regard them as the obvious second choice to TM.  They claim that KJW pot metal has a  higher aluminium content tha WE's and internal parts are superior. Again I think it is just a prejudice. I have yet to see anyone on a British forum advising people to buy a kjw Glock over a we one. 

I'm not saying that KJW are bad but they also have their fair share of issues.

Brand loyalty is a funny thing.

12 hours ago, BigStew said:

i would avoid nuprol holsters. we glock mags work in tm glock i run two. M9A1 is a great pistol and after having a go on a TM HK45 I really want one.

Why do you dislike Nuprol holsters Stew.

I have a couple and they seem sturdy enough.

I can't afford silly UK Blackbawk prices for a plastic gun.

What are the alternaives?

I have seen them fall are part too many times. 30 quid to protect 130 quid gun doesn't seem that bad to me. 

51 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Why do you dislike Nuprol holsters Stew.

I have a couple and they seem sturdy enough.

I can't afford silly UK Blackbawk prices for a plastic gun.

What are the alternaives?

Archived