Omega Nub not same shape as hole on bucking! Please Help!

ZeitGeist (TWC)
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I installed a maple leaf hop up and nub yesterday but was confused as to why the NUB was an Omega shape and the nub hole on my bucking is round (circular). I ended up slicing a slither of the edges of my nub to fit it in. It fits nicely but just wondering if I got the wrong nub or whether I tried to install it the wrong way.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Head Moderator

Moved to technical Help section

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, ZeitGeist (TWC) said:

Hi all,

I installed a maple leaf hop up and nub yesterday but was confused as to why the NUB was an Omega shape and the nub hole on my bucking is round (circular). I ended up slicing a slither of the edges of my nub to fit it in. It fits nicely but just wondering if I got the wrong nub or whether I tried to install it the wrong way.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Pictures?

• Supporters

Right, the Omega nub is designed for a standard AEG cut hop window (which is square). It's designed to apply pressure to the length of the diamond shaped contact patch in the Maple Leaf rubbers. I can't say as I recognise that hop unit, what gun is it from?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, ZeitGeist (TWC) said:

Classic Army MK46 S.P.W

so what does the nub actually do? I cant get my head around its prupose

The nub pushes down on the hop rubber which forces it into contact with the BB.

The Omega nub is no good for your hop unit though as it's designed to work with the standard V2/V3 hop units. You could do a lot worse than have a look at a Bullgear CNC hop unit for your gun though. They're a bit pricey but they are good quality and a worthwhile investment!

oh ok. thank you for the advice. So as i mentioned I cut less than a hair thick slice of both edges of the nub and it fits nicely in the circular hole. Question is, will this do the same as a nub designed for my gun?

also can you find me a link to the correct bullgear stuff?

pls

• Supporters

They're out of stock at the moment but the one you want is this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bullgear-Hop-Up-Chamber-Type-249-/232290008306 (the M249 is the same internally).

At the end of the day the nub is literally just there to push down on the hop rubber to apply backspin so if the omega nub you've fettled with is long enough to work then yes, it'll work. It does defeat the whole point of buying an Omega nub though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/08/2018 at 14:02, Lozart said:

They're out of stock at the moment but the one you want is this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bullgear-Hop-Up-Chamber-Type-249-/232290008306 (the M249 is the same internally).

I'm currently hunting around for one of these in anticipation of the stock Classic Army M249 chamber being awful. They seem to be out of stock world wide though.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

I'm currently hunting around for one of these in anticipation of the stock Classic Army M249 chamber being awful. They seem to be out of stock world wide though.

Have a look for the "biro mod" or "bic pen" mod. Basically you cut a length of the empty bit of a biro insides to be slightly longer than the standard nub. The standard nub isn't really long enough to put pressure on the hop rubber properly.

Or you could get this: https://www.shapeways.com/product/TJM6AXLQE/m249-hop-fix-rev-2?optionId=40956381 which is a new hop adjustment ring and nub to address the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived