Criminal Contact / LARP airsoft

insomniacity
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wanted to flag up an event I've been to twice now - Criminal Contact, at Warminster Airsoft. Basically I would love for more people to come along - as that just makes it even more fun!

LARP is usually Live Action Role Playing - this is 'Live Airsoft Role Playing'. What this means is everyone starts with melee weapons, and a bunch of in-game credits - and your goal is to wheel and deal by trading various in-game items and earn more credits. Enough credits will buy you the right to use something double action, like a shotgun or bolt action. More credits allows semi-auto (pistol/rifle), and finally full auto. (Shotguns are available for hire if you don't have one)

There are various characters around - a distiller, a shopkeeper, miners, farmers, doctors (who you call if you get hit), undertaker (who you call if you don't get mediced)... as well as a 'civilised' village area with police, a mayor and a bank, into which you need to deposit your credits to win. All of those roles are available to players, even first-timers, and you can get into character as much or as little as you like. Particular effort with things like costume or character tend to be rewarded with credits - which gives you a leg-up on everyone else. Backstabbing and mugging is encouraged. Bribery, market manipulation and outright lying will help you win.

Both times I've been were really good, and you never know how it's going to play out. It's a nice change from skirmish mayhem or milsim seriousness - particularly if you fancy getting into a character.

Next one is September 15. After that will be April-ish.

Site: https://www.facebook.com/criminalcontact

More info: https://www.facebook.com/pg/criminalcontact/notes/

If you have any questions post and I'll try and answer, but best bet is to message the organiser on facebook.

Oli

18237994_1947428855493413_1660260485985829746_o.jpg

Do they provide the guns?  Or do you need to bring your own?

Cheers

G

13 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

That actually sounds really fun and a nice change of pace.

Just a shame it's like 3 hours from me 

I drive nearly two. I'd drive three if I had to - for this!

6 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Do they provide the guns?  Or do you need to bring your own?

In general you bring your own, particularly if you want to get in character with a Winchester or something (though nobody cares if you take an M4 of course). They do have some spring shotguns to rent, and probably some ARs - but best to contact them to ask/book that.

5 minutes ago, insomniacity said:

I drive nearly two. I'd drive three if I had to - for this!

Fair play, might consider that April game then.

How much is it roughly?

3 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

How much is it roughly?

I want to say £35? I'm not sure. There's a discount if you play some of the specific characters (because you have some duties).

In terms of money, it's a pretty good site. I would go to skirmishes there if it was closer. Covered safezone, proper toilet block, tons of constructed buildings.

Looks good, not quite sure how it works that you start with a melee weapon then "trade" your way up to a rifle if you already brought your own along..?

Gunman Airsoft do a very simlar event called Flying Lead I believe.....been going for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2018 at 22:55, AshOnSnow said:

Looks good, not quite sure how it works that you start with a melee weapon then "trade" your way up to a rifle if you already brought your own along..?

Basically, you leave it in the safe zone until you buy a 'license' for it, with in-game currency/items. The weapons dealer happens to be located near the safe zone, so as soon as you buy your license, you pop into the safe zone and grab it. But if you get shot, you drop all in your in-game items, including that license, which people can take. (Obviously then you return your weapon to the safe zone, and they go and get theirs)

Like a milsim, it's not the event to go to if you want to shoot people all day, and like a milsim, it rewards sneaking around, and clever thinking.

More info here:

Archived