highly thought of brands

robwigan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I'm new to this gig I'm looking a lot at gear in my spare time and there are a ton of makes for rifs and if it's anything like air rifles there are maybe 2 or 3 manufactures for every 10 that offer good quality. 

what are some good brands of rif I can start reading up on 

For me, the best in terms of build and performance are:

Tokyo Marui

G&P

LCT

E&L

Real Sword

Inokatsu

Krytac

Next you have the likes of;

G&G

Classic Army

ASG

ICS

Ares

VFC

KWA

Maruzen

Marushin 

KJW

WE

Cyma

A&K/PJ

Beneath these I would put:

STTi

SRC

Specna Arms

JG

D-Boys

Nuprol

And all manner of other Asian brands that are probably from the same OEM... 

Personally, I rarely look past Tokyo Marui. 

Agreed with what Dentonboy has to say.

If you are looking at M4 platforms though I'd be quick to add that the Avalon series from VFC are pretty much equal to Krytacs in their internal and external quality.

Thought I'd just add that to broaden your searches, also it pained me to see him rank my gun under Krytacs :P

• Head Moderator

Tokyo Marui but it depends on your budget.   However, I would not buy from any retailer with BB in its name. Better to ask the questions here because a little research will save the heartache of buying a duffer and then spending more money to replace it.

17 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Tokyo Marui but it depends on your budget.   However, I would not buy from any retailer with BB in its name. Better to ask the questions here because a little research will save the heartache of buying a duffer and then spending more money to replace it.

why is that mate re the retailer name?

I'm confused about a few things I get there are electric an gas guns I like the gas ones for the sound and blow.back but I'm not seeing in my searches electric recoil ?

also do any of the electric rifles sound better than others or do they all sound the same

• Supporters

Basically if there’s ‘BB’ in the sites name then there target market are older children/young teenagers and ideally there selling them (in large quantities)very low end cheap and nasty two-tones and  .12 BBS in hideous vomit dayglow colors AND normally in huge bottles that all sites would kick you off for using . Most will have a selection of low end ‘proper’ brands as well , Dboys , SRC , double eagle , etc which generally are not that well made either . 

I have read that older gen. Bolt AEGs shook themselves to death but newer ones are better. 

I would genuinely save a bit more and go TM. 

2 hours ago, BibbsOnTour said:

Agreed with what Dentonboy has to say... 

...Thought I'd just add that to broaden your searches, also it pained me to see him rank my gun under Krytacs :P

Just my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

.12 BBS in hideous vomit dayglow colors AND normally in huge bottles that all sites would kick you off for using 

Sites kick you off for cheap rounds?

Damn, I never knew that.

Just now, BibbsOnTour said:

Sites kick you off for cheap rounds?

Damn, I never knew that.

cheap bbs wreck hire guns due to being misshapen and tend to shatter on impact which is not good if it shatters on mesh googles  

12 hours ago, BigStew said:

cheap bbs wreck hire guns due to being misshapen and tend to shatter on impact which is not good if it shatters on mesh googles  

Ahh yeah that makes sense

• Supporters
16 hours ago, robwigan said:

why is that mate re the retailer name?

Just for one example, we recently had someone intending to purchase a CYMA M4 from a "BB" site.  But CYMAs come with M120 springs as stock (it even said so in the listing) and will shoot at about 400fps, so if he'd bought that from there, he'd have been turned away or kicked off most UK sites with a 350 limit for full auto guns.

The same gun bought from PatrolBase will already have been downgraded to about 330fps, and TaiwanGun or GunFire offer similarly UK legal versions as stock, or will perform a free downgrade.

• Supporters

I'd put Specna Arms in the middle category to be honest. They're way better than some of the turds you've lumped them in with @Dentonboy

And I’d put ICS in the top tier. They’ve always been super reliable and their new models will run with a Tm recoil all day. Besides that, a good list 

Am happy to be corrected about Specna Arms. 

My only experience with ICS was a poor one, may have had a lemon, but was not impressed and I can't stand their 'made up' rifs. 

35 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

Am happy to be corrected about Specna Arms. 

My only experience with ICS was a poor one, may have had a lemon, but was not impressed and I can't stand their 'made up' rifs. 

I know what you mean about their made up ones. That does piss me off. They’ve been flawless for me though 

20 hours ago, robwigan said:

what's people's thought on bolt they seem to make what reviewers are saying good electric recoil rifles

I owned a Bolt recoil. Excellent feel, but they shake themselves to pieces so take bit of looking after.

Personally, I’d go standard uncomplicated electric now, or for proper recoil gbb

Vast majority of my guns are TM now, with only the KWA Vectors outside of that

Lol I just misread that as Bands........was about to say Black Sabbath certainly do it for me 🤘😂

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I owned a Bolt recoil. Excellent feel, but they shake themselves to pieces so take bit of looking after.

Personally, I’d go standard uncomplicated electric now, or for proper recoil gbb

Vast majority of my guns are TM now, with only the KWA Vectors outside of that

I really want the action of a bolt rifle but don't want the inconsistency of a Gbb... I'll be spending around 400ish so have a bit to play with 

A TM MWS GBBR is on par consistency wise as most AEGs IMHO. 

Mine is more consistent than the high end ICS Galil Arm I owned, and the A&k PKM I sold to get the MWS. 

You will not regret going MWS. 

Yup, MWS is the way to go for gbb M4, but not cheap.

Apparently the TM Recoil range is superb, but I haven’t tried them myself

Tm recoils are very good, but there isn’t really any ‘recoil’ and what you get is backwards. The gun jolts forward not back. 

The TM mws outshot my recoil in every way. Only thing the electric gun had over it was mag capacity  

Archived