National Airsoft Event (NAE) 2019

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All booked in, me and THE LADS + 1 obligatory girlfriend who wont let us have a boys weekend away, all ready for it. Cant wait, last year was our first time there and it was stunning just a shame about the weather.

• 3 weeks later...

Be there to sell stuff. From Sat morning before game so people can pick up gear, till about 5-6 ish. Be in the car boot area, come say hi. Bit of a working holiday. Thinking of going to one of the mid week evening games after gz at one of the sites near by to get my AS fix.

• Supporters

Just found out Zero one aren’t having the full shop there this yr , will only be selling gas and ammo ! If you want any kit or guns you have to buy it on-line then they’ll fetch it up to the site for you at set times !

what an utter crock of shit ! 😡

one of the things I liked was being able to look at the shiny shiny things that I’d always liked but never bought and then going f**k it I’m having it because itsthere in my sweaty mitt ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to check, it is this event this thread is on correct? https://www.airsoftfestival.com/

Friends and I are thinking of going before we all part for uni etc. From the looks of the replies ^^ it seems like its definitely worth the money, although I take it an extra battery and mags are needed?

Thanks

James

• Supporters

Yup that’s it , it’s run by ground zero the retailer , game play is very ‘meh !’ But where else do you get 2000+ players at the same venue ? .

i just go for the crack my self , there’s 7 of us going this yr and we just have a fecking good laugh together ! AND hopefully I’ll shift a load of unwanted guns and kit and make some beer tokens at the same time ! 👍 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Just had an email asking for players booked on to the others to switch teams as delta and bravo haven’t enough players ! 

Tuff shit cup cake , sucks to be you ! Bwahahaha !🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

OTHERS, OTHERS, OTHERS!

Everyone wants to be on the cool kids side after we wiped the floor with Delta last year. 

:P 

Yeah little dissapointed the big Z1 marquee wont be there, that was a life saver last year when I forgot to pack my boots :rolleyes: And it was nice to do some impulse buying on the day. Youd have thought theyd make a tonne of sales from impulse buys, but maybe not enough to warrant the hassle perhaps. Still, plenty of other stuff there to buy.

Weather forecast is looking good too! Might actually get a full weekend out of is this time! Rather than having it rain so hard last year on the Sunday that my gun shorted out and I had to call it a day.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

OTHERS, OTHERS, OTHERS!

Everyone wants to be on the cool kids side after we wiped the floor with Delta last year. 

:P 

Yeah little dissapointed the big Z1 marquee wont be there, that was a life saver last year when I forgot to pack my boots :rolleyes: And it was nice to do some impulse buying on the day. Youd have thought theyd make a tonne of sales from impulse buys, but maybe not enough to warrant the hassle perhaps. Still, plenty of other stuff there to buy.

Weather forecast is looking good too! Might actually get a full weekend out of is this time! Rather than having it rain so hard last year on the Sunday that my gun shorted out and I had to call it a day.

I did post a complaint about no shop this yr on zeroin and they gave it some bollox about the guys putting it together have enough work already ! AND ? As you say there’s loads of impulse buying (I’m as guilty as the next !) and i went in the shop just before it closed on Sunday and it looked like a a Viking horde had been through it ! There was practically nothing left so you can’t say it’s not financially viable can you ? 

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I did post a complaint about no shop this yr on zeroin and they gave it some bollox about the guys putting it together have enough work already ! AND ? As you say there’s loads of impulse buying (I’m as guilty as the next !) and i went in the shop just before it closed on Sunday and it looked like a a Viking horde had been through it ! There was practically nothing left so you can’t say it’s not financially viable can you ? 

It’s my first year at NAE and i was looking forward to having the opportunity to maybe pick something new up but after seeing the big marquee won’t be there I was extremely disappointed 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Alexharris246 said:

It’s my first year at NAE and i was looking forward to having the opportunity to maybe pick something new up but after seeing the big marquee won’t be there I was extremely disappointed 

Yup totally agree bud , it’s like BMW running a festival but not bringing any cars ! 😳

Z1 are an Airsoft retailer FFS ! Really can’t get my head round there reasoning for not brining there inventory to the site as before , they said “oh you can still buy on-line and we’ll deliver the same day !” Thats no fecking use you don’t impulse buy a gun online as easily as you do when its sat there in front of you screaming  “buy me you lazy cockwomble !” ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

SO who ever is going hopefully see you there , I’ll be the fat Welshman wandering aimlessly around in a blue others T-shirt with a big comedy wolfs head on it ! 

• Supporters

Do they ever do tickets for non-players?  Or can you just rock up/sneak in?  I have no interest in the game itself for this I'll be honest, but I'd like to have a look around the rest of it at least one year.

• Supporters
On 24/08/2019 at 18:27, TheFull9 said:

Do they ever do tickets for non-players?  Or can you just rock up/sneak in?  I have no interest in the game itself for this I'll be honest, but I'd like to have a look around the rest of it at least one year.

They do do a camping only ticket , but not sure if you have to be a companied by a player or not ? 

You can camp only, I did . Thanks to all you guys that popped over to see me btw. Had a great time. Busy though and when I got caught in the afternoon sun it was a killer. Fortunately managed to pick a spot that avoided it most of the day, next year I'l be bringing a gazebo

• Supporters
20 hours ago, heroshark said:

You can camp only, I did . Thanks to all you guys that popped over to see me btw. Had a great time. Busy though and when I got caught in the afternoon sun it was a killer. Fortunately managed to pick a spot that avoided it most of the day, next year I'l be bringing a gazebo

Just to let you know my mate is absolutely over the moon with the new sawfly lenses , as is the one who bought the complete glasses as well !👍

Just now, Druid799 said:

Just to let you know my mate is absolutely over the moon with the new sawfly lenses !👍

fantastic :)

• 1 month later...

Archived