National Airsoft Event (NAE) 2019

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

** DISCUSSION FOR NAE 2019 COMMENCES FROM PAGE 2 -Lewis **

So not long now till this years National Airsoft Event at Ground Zero in Bournemouth (24/25/26th this mth) it’s a hell of an experience to say the least , it’s a huge event with retailers of Airsoft and surplus gear , there’s loads of food vendors and they also have a big ‘car boot’ where you can flog or buy some bargains . But one thing would say is you have to except it for what it is it’s no structured milsim event by any stretch of the imagination it’s just a honking big skirmish wknd where you’ve got 2000+ players taking part , now your not going to experience THAT at your local site are you ? ! 

Any hoo seeing as I’ve finally decided to go was wondering who else is going this year and which team (and why you chose it) your on ?

my self I’m with the ‘Other’s’ always do , don’t care much about missions and objectives or winning the event I just enjoy wandering around the site causing shit and just generally having a laugh with my best mate ! 👍

Unfortunately, I'm not going this year as didn't find out about it far enough in advance and am a bit busy at the moment but come next year I'll definitely be having a good think about getting myself a ticket :D

• Supporters

Shame bud , quite an experience ! 

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Shame bud , quite an experience ! 

Certainly sounds it! Hopefully I do make it next year and I'll be sure to open a thread on here/jump on one that's already going to try meet up with some of you lot! I should be making it to the AFUK closing game at the mall in a month or so though so might even see you there!:)

Only just heard about/ looked into it, looks like a good weekend. Only one snag for me, am I reading it correctly that they don’t allow ANY type of cardboard pyro? ie smokes and mk5s at ground zero? 

I'm planning to go next year, was considering this year but decided to go to Scotland instead. I'm hoping leaving it another year and

1. I'll have gotten my mates more into it so they will come too. (And sorted team stuff so we look like a unit)

2. Built up my armoury a bit more to impress all the kids

3. Gathered some more Airsoft stories to tell.

I have heard good things and bad things about NAE but it definitely seems worth a try.

59 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Wedding anniversary so no. However next year I'm hoping I can.

I assume this was a tough choice? ;):lol:

1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

1. I'll have gotten my mates more into it so they will come too. (And sorted team stuff so we look like a unit)

2. Built up my armoury a bit more to impress all the kids

3. Gathered some more Airsoft stories to tell.

Pretty much my plan also :lol:

I had this planned all year to go but my misses told me off as apparently I spend too much on motorcycle parts tools and airsoft shit that i need to actually pay "bills" and "rent" i mean who the fuck needs that crap.

are there any other large events during the year?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, E21A said:

Only just heard about/ looked into it, looks like a good weekend. Only one snag for me, am I reading it correctly that they don’t allow ANY type of cardboard pyro? ie smokes and mk5s at ground zero? 

Yup non are allowed , the site has a very high peat content in the soil so the fire risk is bad , they had a fire there a few yrs ago and aparantly it took a good few mths to finally extinguish it all . 

Me and my mate have been gone 9 out of 12yrs now and it a bloody good laugh , you will see loads moaning about it “it’s stacked in Delta’s favor or it’s stacked in Bravo’s favor!” “ there’s no structure to the games !” Blah blah blah ! 

It’s a game with over 2400 players ! of course it’s going to be a right clusterfuck on the organization front  , but where else will you get the chance to play with that many people ? 

Take last yr for example late Sat afternoon my team (the others) had to attack team Delta’s base which was a large walled fire base , you had between 300-400 players in the fire base and just as many outside attacking it ! To put it bluntly it was fucking mental ! When we did finally breach it was practically hand to hand combat I knife killed three guys because I couldn’t get my AEG it play due to the crush ! But again as I said when are you going to get the chance to do that at a normal skirmish ? BUT don’t think you’ll be falling over each other as there are so many there most of the action occurs in areas near the teams bases so there’s plenty of scope to patrol around the site AND sneak up on the opposition teams .  

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Yup non are allowed , the site has a very high peat content in the soil so the fire risk is bad , they had a fire there a few yrs ago and aparantly it took a good few mths to finally extinguish it all . 

Me and my mate have been gone 9 out of 12yrs now and it a bloody good laugh , you will see loads moaning about it “it’s stacked in bravo’s favor!” “ there’s no structure to the games !” Blah blah blah ! 

It’s a game with over 2400 players ! of course it’s going to be a right clusterfuck on the organization front  , but where else will you get the chance to play with that many people ? 

Take last yr for example late Sat afternoon my team (the others) had to attack team Delta’s base which was a large walled fire base , you had between 300-400 players in the fire base and just as many outside attacking it ! To put it bluntly it was fucking mental ! But again as I said when are you going to get the chance to do that at a normal skirmish ? BUT don’t think you’ll be falling over each other as there are so many there most of the action occurs in areas near the teams bases so there’s plenty of scope to patrol around the site AND sneak up on the opposition teams .  

Ah I see, makes sense. Had a small fire at my local a few weeks back and smokes were banned until it rained. 

Does this attract manny milsim dickheads? Lol

9E2114CB-C419-4548-89D6-55C11AB14A1F.jpeg

• Supporters

Oh yea they all flock to Delta ! But my team the ‘others’ our mission basically every year is to screw with Delta , and we do with great gusto ! 🤣🤣🤣again last yr me and this random Swiss guy (he’d got separated from his buddy’s didn’t speak a word of English so we were having a three way conversation with his mates via radio ! 😁) joined up and spent nearly an hr slowly working our way through some very dense Rodadendrums (it’s everywhere ) and spent a good 40 mins picking off Delta players as they were sauntering down the hill from there base and thought they were in a safe area so close to there base ! 😈 one poor chap I must have shot him 6-7 times ? 🤣. Actually saw him again that evening in the beer tent went over to him to apologise for shooting him so much and we both had a bloody good laugh over it then he introduced me to his mates with no hard feelings ! (But saying that I was introduced as “this is the c**t that kept shooting me !😂) so even on the ‘Gucci’ team there’s still plenty of good blokes !👍

Sound like fun, just getting into airsoft myself. But have family visiting that weekend. Will aim to go next year sound like a blast. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, edblackadder said:

I'm going with my mates this year, they went last year and had a great time so I'm looking forward to it. Afraid we're Delta lol.

Try not to hold it against you ! 😉😂😂

as long as you don’t take it too serious and play with an open mind (you just know with two and half thousand Airsofters playing together it’s going to be an utter clusterf**k , herding cats anyone ?) just go out and enjoy your self ! 👍

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Try not to hold it against you ! 😉😂😂

as long as you don’t take it too serious and play with an open mind (you just know with two and half thousand Airsofters playing together it’s going to be an utter clusterf**k , herding cats anyone ?) just go out and enjoy your self ! 👍

That is the plan. I'm a crap shot and a large target so 'Operation Human Shield' is going on tour.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, DanP27 said:

I'm going with 6 other guys in our team, we're team bravo - our first year there.. looking forward to it.

I’ve been to 8 I think ? can’t remember exactly but as I’ve said previously as long as you go with an open mind and not expect ‘milsim’ type organisation then you should have a bloody good time there ! 

i literally live across the field from GZ, however i've not been to any of their festivals yet, they are my to go site though :P i'll go next year, no money because of wedding :( 

• Supporters

I bailed first thing (way too old to play in that pissing rain!) but also me and my mate had an epic game day yesterday, AND I sold over £600 worth of kit so I didn’t mind jumping ship early as I’ve had a cracking wknd 👍

PS , sorry bud I was ‘others’! 😇

25 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I bailed first thing (way too old to play in that pissing rain!) but also me and my mate had an epic game day yesterday, AND I sold over £600 worth of kit so I didn’t mind jumping ship early as I’ve had a cracking wknd 👍

PS , sorry bud I was ‘others’! 😇

Aye I remember you saying, good game man!

• 9 months later...
  • Supporters

So rather than start a new one , who’s going this year then ? 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Title changed, as requested my man :)

Cheers bud your a star ! 

Archived