New to Airsoft wanting some info please.

GeoK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Welcome.

What RGB said is true, just go along and play at your nearest site.

Good footwear, e.g. a good pair of boots is all you really need, rest is provided.  You don't need much to try it out.

Once you have played a few games, seen how others play and what they wear you will have a better idea of what you like. By then you will qualify for UKARA ( min 3 games over 56 days) and be able to buy a RIF (Real Imitation Firearm), if you buy one before that you will need to get a two toned one.

Other thing you might want to consider if you are sure airsoft is for you is get some  good eye/face protection.  I wouldn't want to wear what you get for rent, but that is my personal preference.

Cheers

G

you can find a few sites here - www.airsofteventsuk.info

Or tell us whereabouts you are and the forum can make recommendations.

I think either humberside airsoft or lincolnshire airsoft are 2 that are the closest to me. Just been looking at reviews and humberside looks to be a huge site and looks like some great fun.

Like you Im new into the sport played my first game 2 weeks ago of to my second soon.

Like everyone has said here just go to your local site and rent out(it's what I'm doing) only thing I would say like MisterG has said is get a good pair of boots, trainers will not be good.

And the most important thing is just enjoy yourself. 

Oh one more think make sure to introduce yourself as new and talk to people they will help you with anything, so I have experienced. 

K

• Supporters

Bigger isn't always better.  I was surprised to find that my sadly defunct local woodland site was only about 500m x 500m, but that's plenty big enough for multiple structure zones and stalking opportunities without spending half the day just slogging around.

I'd stress how friendly and welcoming most airsofters are - just ask someone about their BFG and you'll be their BFF.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) topics in each section.  Start here if not already seen it:

Just go along to a local site and rent a gun to try it out. 

I have played my first game at Tuddenham at the weekend and absolutely loved it,I did buy my own eye protection and some gloves before I went which is money well spent. 

Archived