TM Propitiatory battery

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Slightly off the point but could you help me please?

I believe there are proprietary batteries for the TM.

I've heard that some use adaptors and put lipos in them.

Is it also possible to run them on ordinary nimh batteries or do they not perform well with these?

And do nimhs also need special adaptors?

Are there any benefits to sticking with the Marui batteries?

28 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Slightly off the point but could you help me please?

I believe there are proprietary batteries for the TM.

I've heard that some use adaptors and put lipos in them.

Is it also possible to run them on ordinary nimh batteries or do they not perform well with these?

And do nimhs also need special adaptors?

Are there any benefits to sticking with the Marui batteries?

Unable to help on this as the 416c stores the battery’s in the magazines (I’ve been supplied 5 7.4c lipo sticks to use in the magazines)

from my research though near on all recoil owners change to deans connectors and lipo battery’s. This is due to the Tm batterys being mega expensive

• Head Moderator

@emilianoksa I have moved this question into its own topic.

The TM proprietary sopmod batteries are crap, expensive poor quality NiMh that take long time to charge. This is why most players change them for a better LiPo battery with Deans connection.  Buy a genuine iMax B6 balance charger for the LiPo.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I assumed the batteries were stored in the action or stock.

One can only wonder why TM does this.

For the extra profit I suppose.

So a gun that is already very expensive becomes even more expensive due to battery issues.

• Supporters

As the master said , TM QC batts ? Bag of crap ! Can’t stand them .

ive been running TM recoils for 9’ish yrs now and hand on heart I genuinly don’t know anyone who likes them or still uses them .

Next question how to change over to to different batteries? 

There are several different methods you can use to change your power source  , you can get an adapter that plugs in to the stock so you can run a small stick batt . Some solder wires and an a deans to the the two connector bars in the stock . Me personally I prefer to completely remove ALL the QC battery gubbins and solder direct to the stock tube wires so I can run any stock I want on it .

as to ‘needing’ nimh or Lipo the TM ones  are actually nimh .

👍

5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I assumed the batteries were stored in the action or stock.

One can only wonder why TM does this.

I believe normal ones are stored in the stock(still special Tm batteries though), the 416c specifically which I mentioned In the original topic doesn’t have a suitable stock so they are stored in the mags, or grip or peq box

A93CA127-457E-47BF-B263-D3ED6F54C21B.jpeg

0590D433-6B90-4BD2-9002-BDFF0357CBC0.jpeg

The TM416C can be powered from the front as well as batteries in the magazines. Saves buying lots of TM mags and batteries.

Put a PEQ battery box on it and use the connectors hidden under the little flap on the front rail.

You can re-wire this connector to deans if you want.

Like this.

IMG_0367[1].JPG

1 minute ago, Guyver1 said:

The TM416C can be powered from the front as well as batteries in the magazines. Saves buying lots of TM mags and batteries.

Put a PEQ battery box on it and use the connectors hidden under the little flap on the front rail.

You can re-wire this connector to deans if you want.

Like this.

IMG_0367[1].JPG

I have considered this but not a fan of peq box, also considered battery in the grip

Which grip ?. A TM 416C  pictured below. Would be interested in other battery placement options.

The Other TM 416s you can re wire the Stock connection for Deans (or what ever you want) and slip a battery in the stock. The picture of My 417 which also uses the "SOPMOD" battery system is how it looks. You might need to cut a little bit of the plastic back to fit batteries down the stock.

IMG_0368[1].JPG

IMG_0369[1].JPG

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

Which grip ?. A TM 416C  pictured below. Would be interested in other battery placement options.

Try this one http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/parts-c8/external-parts-c97/pts-syndicate-epf2-vertical-foregrip-black-p7152

• Supporters
On 08/08/2018 at 15:21, Cleaners inc said:

I believe normal ones are stored in the stock(still special Tm batteries though), the 416c specifically which I mentioned In the original topic doesn’t have a suitable stock so they are stored in the mags, or grip or peq box

A93CA127-457E-47BF-B263-D3ED6F54C21B.jpeg

going by that pic you could re-wire the mag to deans and chuck an 800mah 11.1v lipo in there (buffer tube type)

although then you're still having to deal with a battery per mag (not that your usage per batt would be that high) and then the issue of how good the mag-gun connection is.

i'd still go for rear wired with a proper stock to contain it, but thats just me.

4 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

The Other TM 416s you can re wire the Stock connection for Deans (or what ever you want) and slip a battery in the stock. The picture of My 417 which also uses the "SOPMOD" battery system is how it looks. You might need to cut a little bit of the plastic back to fit batteries down the stock.

IMG_0368[1].JPG

IMG_0369[1].JPG

A foregrip with room for a battery

Archived