Raven 1911 MEU

DaSmols

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently purchased this neat pistol - for its price, pretty decent, full metal with some pretty nice grips. However I have abit of an issue, I ordered it from PatrolBase, pretty sure I ordered a 'Black & Silver' Raven MEU, and yet here I am, with a Tan Raven MEU ... and since its two tone ( Hence why I went for an apparently good quality cheaper pistol. ) Well returns an all that are out of the question, but what gets me the most is the two tone finish ... its terrible, so very bad, so bad I had to softly sand down the paint on the slide rails as the paint was layered on so god damn thick it stopped the slide from cycling.

now, I get it - its just a £90 pistol, decent enough - but any advice on how I should go about stripping the paint from the slide? they even painted the iron sights 'without removing them' so the small allan screws are just filled to the brim with paint.

Sorry for putting this in the wrong place.

I'll be doing that, rather disappointing first purchase, not only was it not the pistol I ordered, they did the paint job so bad that the iiidddy biddy tiny iron sight screws are quite literally glued in place, besides - pretty sure the pistol advertised did NOT have the iron sights caked in paint. The paint even rubs off on my hands when I pull the slide.

Have you tried phoning them? Patrol Base are pretty good for customer support. Call them and tell them you're not happy and they will most likely try their best to remedy your situation.

I have done so - contacted them earlier today and nothing could be done really, besides returning the product and rinse an repeat, another two tone pistol with the iron sights painted up - found out that the two tone service done by Patrol Base isn't high quality by design and that irritates me ... if it isn't high quality then don't advertise the pistol in a picture where the two tone service most certainly wouldn't be a quick 'low quality' two tone job.

I ordered this:

Spoiler

we-raven-meu-1911-gas-blowback-pistol-bl

Not this:

Spoiler

YizZ4UN.jpg

Why have what would be a photoshopped image as the 'preview' for a service they obviously don't provide.

However, the customer service dude was very nice ... and cute sounding =D so thats a plus. He' apologised a whole bunch, explained why and what my options were, so ... contemplating at the moment if I should return it, or just say 'hell with it' and just try to find a replacement Slide and Iron Sights, surely wouldn't be too hard and would let me get some experience in stripping my beginner pistol an replacing parts! Plus would give me a two tone slide as a sacrificial slide to strip its paint and see if I can do some of my engraving skills on it.

• Supporters

jesus that's an awful paintjob, just awful.

takes all of 5 minutes to strip a 1911 slide like that if you have the tools and know what you're doing and it's not like the iron's are fixed, 10s with a punch would have had those out.

• 1 year later...
  • Supporters
On 29/09/2019 at 20:19, Nerd evolution said:

Im new to the airsofting community and im going to get the raven 1911 as my first side arem and i was just wanted to know can you remove and change the grips on the raven 1911 

Oops, missed this. You can replace the grips on any 1911, they're screwed on.

However, I would not recommend getting one.  Raven is a sub-brand of Nuprol, who just take the cheapest stuff that they can get their hands on and punt it out with a big markup on it.  You're therefore two brands removed from the company that actually made it - that's not a recipe for improving quality control.

On 29/09/2019 at 20:19, Nerd evolution said:

Im new to the airsofting community and im going to get the raven 1911 as my first side arem and i was just wanted to know can you remove and change the grips on the raven 1911 

If you want a cheap 1911, go with an Army Armanent one. They are TM Clones so will fit more aftermarket parts and crucially allows you to use the TM M45A1 Gas mags which are the best 1911 mags out there. 

I do not recommend a 1911 for a first pistol though, they are useless in the winter with the small gas capacity. If you like the 1911 aesthetic, look at some Hi Cappas. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Daniel77 said:

I’m looking for a silencer for the 1911 dose eny one have suggestions or the size I need for it?

All that matters is it has the appropriate thread for your gun and that it's not heavy as that will effect the gun cycling. other than that go for which ever one you like the look of. 

• 2 months later...

Can someone help me put the iron sights back on my raven 1911 and when taking it apart that spring came out but everything seems to still work fine so if anyone can tell me where that goes I would be very grateful.

16230826220673622735564887261085.jpg

• 2 years later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.