UKARA and delivery addresses

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it true retailers are only allowed to post to UKARA registered address? 

If so so is it possible to add an address to my entry on the database. 

Im having a mare with getting a RIF delivered. 

• Supporters

It is true. Has to be delivered to the address registered to your UKARA, I don’t believe it’s possible to add another.

Just now, Prisce said:

It is true. Has to be delivered to the address registered to your UKARA, I don’t believe it’s possible to add another.

Balls.

I guessing Taiwangun don’t give a toss then! 😂

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Balls.

I guessing Taiwangun don’t give a toss then! 😂

They are in Poland, thus not a UK retailer and won’t necessarily care as the VCRA does not directly affect them

As a RIF crosses the border the buyer is the importer and responsible under the act

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

As a RIF crosses the border the buyer is the importer and responsible under the act

Bingo.  Why would a foreign business care?  All they want is something that looks like a UKARA so that the package doesn't get bounced right back to them.

Aside, I just asked the Home Office how many UKARA checks Border Force performed last year, and the tl;dr answer was "Don't know, won't find out for you."

I strongly suspect that means that there is no systematic checking, and you'd have to be very unlucky to have your RIF spotted by Border Force, let alone having the UKARA actually checked.

I'd stress though that in the case of import, the risk is on you.

Archived