Have you ever had your day cut short due to other player's bad behaviour?

BoomingHedgie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

You'd like to think that's how it should be but alas egos and site owners bowing down to that doesn't make for conducive play

Like you I would vote with my wallet and go to a different site if certain players were receiving special treatment.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

You'd like to think that's how it should be but alas egos and site owners bowing down to that doesn't make for conducive play

As soon as someone gets there face recognised from YouTube a LOT of site owners start fawning all over them hoping to get a good bit of PR for there site and BOOM ! They get away with what ever crap they like . 😡

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

As soon as someone gets there face recognised from YouTube a LOT of site owners start fawning all over them hoping to get a good bit of PR for there site and BOOM ! They get away with what ever crap they like . 😡

Oh I’m well aware, I almost had a BFG dropped out a window and land on my head because of a certain YouTuber throwing a strop he’d been cleared out of an upstairs room. Told Marshall’s... nothing done...”that doesn’t sound like something he would do” 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

You a reporter by any chance ?

You on the internet by any chance?  Seeing as how I'm mostly agreeing with you, while trying to see the other side of it. :P

Not had a game day called over grumpy folks but have a had a few games cut short as the marshaling team step in to reassert order.

Couple of examples and i think both in fairness were heat related.

Afternoon game not too long ago. Idea was a domination game running from lunch until day end. Theres firefights all over the place and suddenly all hell breaks loose. One side is trying to push in and take a base, the other is resisting heavily. Assault team is taking casualties, but instead of arm up and walk away. The dead are standing still, then being used as human shields by the remaining attackers. This of course results in the shield yelping about getting repeatedly shot, the defenders screaming for people to get out of the line of fire and take their hits. End result. Game called an hour early and a 10 minute cool off period put in place and some short games run instead. In fairness the site in question has a dog run set up and if you get out of hand your choice is a cool off in the cage or walk off site.

Just this last weekend i saw what was...well red mist and a well organized marshaling team.

Playing a 23v23 cqb battle. I am pushing one flank and my buddy is firing from behind some containers. A guy moves up towards him and they shoot each other. My buddy calls fair play 50/50. The other guy just flips and start stomping towards him yelling and screaming. Fortunately the marshals are on walkways above the scene and intervene quickly and push the guy away. My buddy was dumb founded. Game end the site owner comes on and gives a dressing down to everyone and warns everyone about unacceptable behaviour. That was followed up by one team being taken onto a seperate gamezone as they had the 'troublesome' players on board (mix of non hit takers and over shooters as well as gob runners).

10 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Not had a game day called over grumpy folks but have a had a few games cut short as the marshaling team step in to reassert order.

Couple of examples and i think both in fairness were heat related.

Afternoon game not too long ago. Idea was a domination game running from lunch until day end. Theres firefights all over the place and suddenly all hell breaks loose. One side is trying to push in and take a base, the other is resisting heavily. Assault team is taking casualties, but instead of arm up and walk away. The dead are standing still, then being used as human shields by the remaining attackers. This of course results in the shield yelping about getting repeatedly shot, the defenders screaming for people to get out of the line of fire and take their hits. End result. Game called an hour early and a 10 minute cool off period put in place and some short games run instead. In fairness the site in question has a dog run set up and if you get out of hand your choice is a cool off in the cage or walk off site.

Just this last weekend i saw what was...well red mist and a well organized marshaling team.

Playing a 23v23 cqb battle. I am pushing one flank and my buddy is firing from behind some containers. A guy moves up towards him and they shoot each other. My buddy calls fair play 50/50. The other guy just flips and start stomping towards him yelling and screaming. Fortunately the marshals are on walkways above the scene and intervene quickly and push the guy away. My buddy was dumb founded. Game end the site owner comes on and gives a dressing down to everyone and warns everyone about unacceptable behaviour. That was followed up by one team being taken onto a seperate gamezone as they had the 'troublesome' players on board (mix of non hit takers and over shooters as well as gob runners).

Human shields now that is interesting... just makes me think of Gears of War lol.

Love that they had a seperate game for troublesome players!

Iv had run ins with players myself but never to that extreme, to be honest I like playing with new players more than regulars as they are easier to instruct and like to learn the layout of the place. when I comes to troublesome players my arguments have been with 2 groups : 

airsoft elitists - veterans of years of games who feel they are untouchable and pointing out the opposite triggers them more than no bread does to bacon sandwich lovers. when you see them getting hit on the rig or central mass and ignoring it because they dont want to look bad walking infront of there geardo mates back to spawn.

stag nighters - bain of my life.. I just cant do them lol  , rinse a whole squad of them and they all say I didnt see my mate get shot it didnt happen.. fucking airsoft turtles.

anyway I used to regularly argue with the 2 groups shown above, not to the point of the gameday being cancelled but I have walked off site at 1pm at multiple times due to shit player attitudes.

its sad some players get so grumpy when they have to call their hits. So many players seem to think it ok not to call their hits as they don't know that cheating is selfish. At times its frustrating you got hit walked to far back to respawn get back to the action and yes hit again before you managed to fire. Take it like a man its a game play nicely with the other children LOL.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, gasman said:

its sad some players get so grumpy when they have to call their hits. So many players seem to think it ok not to call their hits as they don't know that cheating is selfish. At times its frustrating you got hit walked to far back to respawn get back to the action and yes hit again before you managed to fire. Take it like a man its a game play nicely with the other children LOL.

I always wonder about cheaters in airsoft. I mean if you want to run around shooting stuff and not getting shot at yourself that's fine, have at it, its why ipsc exists.

But if you want to play in an airsoft game with other players then part of it is you take hits, and its hypocritical to expect others to take hits if you dont take them yourself, its the old christian "do unto others" attitude (other religions are available).

I've seen games run on sites at the end of the day where it's a free for all with no need to take hits, basically a way of letting folk empty out mags, but after seeing 2 players drilling each other in the arms point blank and the blood literally streaming down their arms i was like "i'm out".

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I always wonder about cheaters in airsoft. I mean if you want to run around shooting stuff and not getting shot at yourself that's fine, have at it, its why ipsc exists.

But if you want to play in an airsoft game with other players then part of it is you take hits, and its hypocritical to expect others to take hits if you dont take them yourself, its the old christian "do unto others" attitude (other religions are available).

I've seen games run on sites at the end of the day where it's a free for all with no need to take hits, basically a way of letting folk empty out mags, but after seeing 2 players drilling each other in the arms point blank and the blood literally streaming down their arms i was like "i'm out".

Yeah its like playing a sport without having a goal, it becomes pointless.

And those damn masochists making a fun game into creepy violence.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Yeah its like playing a sport without having a goal, it becomes pointless.

indeed, although i do think smart game design can alleviate a lot of problems, yes there are die hard cheats and there's nowt to do but ban 'em but if you make every game an unlimited re-spawn grind-fest sooner or later folk are gonna get bored of the stalemate and start looking for an edge.

24 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

And those damn masochists making a fun game into creepy violence.

it was scary, we're talking the barrel of a hot gun 6" from bare flesh scary, and the result was proper blood dripping down their arms levels of hurt.

whats worse is both of them could have just called it at any time, nobody was under pressure to take part, i'd given it a go but quickly backed out when i realized all it meant was getting full auto'd in every direction by a bunch of folk at once rather than a playful free-for-all deathmatch.

needless to say i don't play that site any more, although that game isn't the specific reason why (a multitude of reasons, from a cabal of hot guns who knew the owner to bad game design/marshalling, shame too the land was excellent)

16 hours ago, aftershock said:

Iv had run ins with players myself but never to that extreme, to be honest I like playing with new players more than regulars as they are easier to instruct and like to learn the layout of the place. when I comes to troublesome players my arguments have been with 2 groups : 

airsoft elitists - veterans of years of games who feel they are untouchable and pointing out the opposite triggers them more than no bread does to bacon sandwich lovers. when you see them getting hit on the rig or central mass and ignoring it because they dont want to look bad walking infront of there geardo mates back to spawn.

stag nighters - bain of my life.. I just cant do them lol  , rinse a whole squad of them and they all say I didnt see my mate get shot it didnt happen.. fucking airsoft turtles.

anyway I used to regularly argue with the 2 groups shown above, not to the point of the gameday being cancelled but I have walked off site at 1pm at multiple times due to shit player attitudes.

I've found a winning combination with stag do's when at a cqb site:

40mm grenade launchers and lots of spare shells.

I took the future father in law out for the day for a bit of male bonding, she organised a bbq for the same day, meaning we had to leave at lunch time. I wasn’t a happy bunny.

On 08/08/2018 at 13:36, BoomingHedgie said:

Fair enough.

I've yet to come across any "airsoft celebs" but I agree with you and to be honest I don't really care if someone has made a name for themselves in airsoft. As long as they don't have a massive ego and play by the rules then who really gives a sh*t? Same goes for any player really!

Apocalypse Airsoft has banned a few Airsoft Celebs, I'm sure the celebs would spin to suit them, however they were asked not to come back to Apoc due to their general douchebaggery!  

I had half my team almost up and leave today.

There was 6 Ukrainians (judging by flag on gear) that:
1. Weren't taking their hits (the classic)

2. Blind firing every 5 mins (marshal picked them up a few times for it but they kept doing it)

3. Shooting through cracks (which was not allowed at this site)

4. Full-Auto everywhere (not allowed in some places)

5. lobbing nades like their free (not cheating but lobbing grenades around every corner you come to is a bit frowned apon)

6. Calling out our guys really aggressively even though the marshal said they didn't hit shit.

See now I have never ever called out a cheater - I usually assume I have missed or he just didn't feel it.

But I had to call out one of them after I shot them, they raised their hand, walked into the container next to them then peak out and shoot me.

.... I honestly was gobbed smacked, complete disbelief, mindblown.

Me and my mate rose above it though and just messed around and had fun regardless but for the rest of our team it ruined their day.

I had one of those days today myself. Took my little brother with me as he’s been pestering me. Morning matches I was getting really annoyed, most players were talking through the brief and just not listening.

All up until lunch it seemed that the only time we got someone to call a hit was when it was a trade kill, my team were moaning about it too. There was blind firing everywhere and twice I got full auto to the back at 5m or less away. Had a guy nail me in the temple with a Sniper from well within the MED. I got one guy to surrender and go back to his spawn only to decide 10 seconds after calling his hit to change his mind and shoot me in the neck. In honesty it was the players with all top of the line gear who were the main problem. Probably didn’t help that I was hit by friendly fire more than the enemy for one match.

Luckily things got a bit better after lunch but I think that had as much to do with the fact the ranges were closer than it was any sense of fairplay. 

Yes my third game at a site I shall keep nameless. A team in full tactical gear kept lobbing MK5's around every corner, and power playing. When they got told by the martial they kept doing the same thing, lobbing grenades as if it were going out of fashion and 1 man running into an entire hall of players pretending not a single shot hit him.

Said person and his team the proceeded to shout and swear at the other players, me and a friend decided we had enough and left to go home. The next week found out they got banned from the site. 😂

• Supporters

i must confess i've become very zen with non hit takers of late, overheated the m4 last game against a known cheater, just decided "if this is how you want your day to go i'm happy to keep supplying the bb's"

most of the day wasnt bad, the insane 3rnd burst did good work in the forest, wether people were actually hit or not the noise alone made most folks call it without needing a follow up (either that or my marksmanship has improved dramatically :P )

next shoot is going to be interesting, it's a big shoot but the site's taking on extra marshalls which means there might be a chance that chrono spot checks, test shots, and watching for hit taking might actually happen....

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Game Cam said:

Blind firing every 5 mins (marshal picked them up a few times for it but they kept doing it)

See, that's what I find disappointing.  If a site doesn't enforce its own rules through the ultimate sanction of ejecting / banning, it's just wasting everyone's time by declaring them.

One warning is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.  That squad will be back again, there or elsewhere, knowing that there is no effective sanction for them playing in God Mode.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

See, that's what I find disappointing.  If a site doesn't enforce its own rules through the ultimate sanction of ejecting / banning, it's just waste everyone's time by declaring them.

One warning is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.  That squad will be back again, there or elsewhere, knowing that there is no effective sanction for them playing in God Mode.

Yup. My other favourite occurence when talking to a Marshall is the ‘he’s a regular’ or ‘she comes here all the time’ followed by they don’t normally do that...

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, YorkieT17 said:

Yup. My other favourite occurence when talking to a Marshall is the ‘he’s a regular’ or ‘she comes here all the time’ followed by they don’t normally do that...

oh thats not that bad, when you can identify if someone is going to take the hit or not before you shoot them, well that's bad.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

oh thats not that bad, when you can identify if someone is going to take the hit or not before you shoot them, well that's bad.

Ive run into a few of them over the last few years airsofting and unfortunately it seems to be occurring more. I won’t play certain sites anymore as I’ve said before marshals and site owners wouldn’t dare upset their regulars that line their pockets week in week out. 

Archived