How much does it cost to get your gun upgraded?

liamsairsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what gun are you talking about? what do you mean maxed out and are you doing the work yourself. this is an opened question. Depending on the gun you could spend enough to get yourself a good 2nd car

My current gun. £400.
6 mags. £120
Mosfet. £15
Bucking + nub £15
Motor £50
Tappet plate £10
Bushings £5
Shims £3
Rewire £10
Deans £2.50
Wood kit £80
Real sight drum £15
Sling £15
Scope £225
Case £70
Batteries x3 £70
£1055.50 And at that I guarantee it's not the most expensive gun here by a large margin.

It's still not maxed out and the gearbox is mostly stock. As is the inner barrel and hop unit. You can spend serious money on a single gun without breaking sweat.

So the real question is what do you mean by maxed out. You want it to shoot straight. Barrel and bucking. You want it to shoot faster battery, motor and wires. There is no answer without knowing what you are actually asking for.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 minute ago, liamsairsoft said:

sorry should have been more specific 

its an m4

Hmmm..

What brand? And what model?

• Supporters

This is a real open question.

When you say max rof are you happy with a 11.1 lipo and a titan or are you wanting a full blown dual sector gear build?

How much range/accuracy are you prepared to sacrifice for your swarm of angry bees?

Are you happy with tech work?

And how much money have you got to be spending?

I've not long had mine up to my level and it wasnt cheap, it wasnt easy, and tbh it wasnt worth it. The money i spent in drips and drabs over the space of 2 years realistically could have got me a secondhand hpa setup which would have pretty much given me the same thing without all the hassle.

• Supporters

this is just for future referencing i have started the sport and have loved it played for 3 months now and feel like the gun i have needs an upgrade

In what areas is it deficient to you? What's making you want an upgrade? Because the golden rule in this game is if it aint broke don't fix it.

Do you want range, or semi-auto response, or just a handheld minigun?

i generally find you are cheaper buying a gun with what you want out the box rather than upgrading. to get high rate of fire and reliable you are taking motor, gears, spring piston and a mosfet.

Archived