Battery chargers - what are you using and why?

Sneaky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. What battery chargers are you lot using? Is there the best go to battery charger? Are there ones to avoid?

Any info would be great!

Thanks all.

• Supporters

standard recommendation is the imax b6.

i'm using an old rc charger that's not that well specced by todays standards but it's been reliable for many moons. does need a seperate balancer though.

avoid those nuprol 3-led types, i've seen 4 or 5 on here (including one i owned) kill batteries when one of the charging circuits died (which is why i no longer run life batteries)

Turnigy Accucell 6 mainly due to cost and availability. It can charge anything you'll use and does so in a way that makes it pretty unlikely you'll blow something up. I actually went for it because I heard there were problems with counterfeit B6's and the Accucell is a Hobbyking thing that I could get directly from them.

• Head Moderator

iMax B6 balance charger

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

iMax B6 balance charger

ditto can charge all main types of batteries, I can control it from my PC and balance charge and store as well.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

B6 for me too .

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Tiercel said:

iMax B6,  no idea if mine is legit or china clone, got it off eBay for £25 and its bloody brilliant. 

That'll be a clone then.

Archived