Transfer of UKARA to another site

Sticks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So sadly it seems the site where I got my UKARA will be shutting down in a few months time. Is there anyway to transfer my UKARA to another site to avoid (I assume) losing it when they finally do go?

• Supporters

Transfer, no, since UKARA is a way for a specific site to verify that they know your face.  When a site closes, UKARA should wipe those registrations.

However, the Mall is part of Zed Adventures, who have their own ZED UKARA code, and they're still running Battle Lakes in Kent.  So I doubt that UKARA could just wipe all those ZED registrations even if they were minded to.

I reckon you'll be good to continue with your current ZED code until it expires.  I mean, that's if retailers even bother to verify the code in the first place.

Hi

If you are talking about the Mall, the registration appears to be under Zed adventures on the UKARA website, so might not automatically lose it, but you would need to check with them what they intend to do about people registered via the Mall.  As they have another venue, that might be the easiest to transfer to.  They may try to make alternate arrangements for a venue, but no guarantees.

Cheers

G

Lol, Roger beat me to it.

Ah! Ok excellent! Thanks for clearing that up! Yes I see that on the UKARA website now, makes sense.

Archived