Female who’s just had my first CQB game!

swingledingle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

47 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Totally agree, my sister played once and was a f**cking Animal😂😂, made me look a bit pants! 

Here she is with all the gear on, plans on buying her own stuff soon!56C71E4F-2DBA-430D-A5F3-8952478B858B.thumb.jpeg.bb9735bac8bfb2c4ad588dd096f7c6df.jpeg

She looks fucking badass! When I get all my gear together I hope I’ll look just as sick! Where do you play? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Main problem you’ll have to contend with is there’s very few ‘serious’ female players around , nine times out of ten if you do see a girlie she’s someone’s girlfriend giving it a go to keep him happy and they don’t exactly ‘immerse’ them selves in to the spirit of the game ? Cue squealing and complaining to said boyfriend when they get hit and generally being a right pain the arse for there team ! 🤦‍♂️

BUT if you do show genuine enthusiasm for the game I’m 99% sure you’ve nothing to worry about from the other players , there’s a couple of girls at my regular site and for all intents and purposes there both treated as ‘one of the boys’ and the fact there reproductive organs are on the inside and not on the outside isn’t even noticed ! 👍

On 10/08/2018 at 21:02, Georgeturner2001 said:

Totally agree, my sister played once and was a f**cking Animal😂😂, made me look a bit pants! 

Here she is with all the gear on, plans on buying her own stuff soon!56C71E4F-2DBA-430D-A5F3-8952478B858B.thumb.jpeg.bb9735bac8bfb2c4ad588dd096f7c6df.jpeg

Aaahh I see your sisters the one with the balls in your house ? 

Well she has got her boots on indoors! 😈

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Main problem you’ll have to contend with is there’s very few ‘serious’ female players around , nine times out of ten if you do see a girlie she’s someone’s girlfriend giving it a go to keep him happy and they don’t exactly ‘immerse’ them selves in to the spirit of the game ? Cue squealing and complaining to said boyfriend when they get hit and generally being a right pain the arse for there team !

That describes exactly none of the women that I've seen playing at my local sites, let alone nine of them.

• Supporters

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

That describes exactly none of the women that I've seen playing at my local sites, let alone nine of them.

Lucky you ! 👍

As I’ve never been to either of your sites can’t comment on them can only speak from personal experience at the sites I’ve been too which I have , as stated there’s only two regular female players at my home site both really good and most definitely both full members of the site community.

AND I did say if the young lady goes to enjoy her self for her self she should be welcomed with open arms by the regulars on the site . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Speaking generally - I think there's a good proportion of 1st time rentals who end up just not liking the game, of either sex.  I know I brought a mate along some 8+ years ago to my regular site and he absolutely despised being cold, getting muddy, shot at, didn't enjoy the shooting aspect himself.  So yeah he did not ever return.  Also taken various fellow armourers along to games over the years since, most liked it and will come along and rent maybe a couple of times a year, a small few will actually buy their own stuff.

The ratios I see myself of brand new players in everyday clothing tends to actually comprise slightly more of women, so I think there's maybe a tad more of a tendency for men to make the transition and really get properly interested in tac gear and guns; researching what to buy then subsequently hoarding far too much of it all etc.  But even now there's certainly some societal elements to that in some cases, though fortunately not all.  The ratios in the game overall are veeeery slowly shifting for the better, though it's taken a decade so far from what I see for the female number to go from maybe 2-3% up to around about 7-8% as we see now, maybe 10% on a good day.  In general the more mainstream social media outlets show airsoft the better the numbers will get, Instagram helps for sure.  I know Novritsch owes a lot of his notoriety to LAD-whatever making his 'content' go viral.

I’ve never met any other female players yet, but I am definitely full invested on taking this seriously as a hobby. Of course it’s something fun to do, but I’m certainly not one of those who’s been convinced to come along, it was my idea aha! 

This sunday will be my first outdoors match! I’m really looking forward to it! Hoping I get along with everyone and enjoy it! 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, swingledingle said:

I’ve never met any other female players yet, but I am definitely full invested on taking this seriously as a hobby. Of course it’s something fun to do, but I’m certainly not one of those who’s been convinced to come along, it was my idea aha! 

This sunday will be my first outdoors match! I’m really looking forward to it! Hoping I get along with everyone and enjoy it! 

Where are you heading this weekend? Think we are out and about so may see you.

Hello Rogerborg dearie ... I've been sent to retrieve you.

Will you be coming home any time soon?

The bairns are missing your cheery bants.

*mwah*

hk xx 

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

Where are you heading this weekend? Think we are out and about so may see you.

I’m heading to skirmish Billericay, was going to be plantation but skirmish seemed more of a beginner site! 

• Supporters

We are going to Billericay tomorrow too. Should be about 6 of us. 

Look out for the lanky prat in a DYEi4 mask, surrounded by BushWookies. That’s me.

33 minutes ago, swingledingle said:

I’m heading to skirmish Billericay, was going to be plantation but skirmish seemed more of a beginner site! 

Anyone  else going to be in attendance?

24 minutes ago, Prisce said:

We are going to Billericay tomorrow too. Should be about 6 of us. 

Look out for the lanky prat in a DYEi4 mask, surrounded by BushWookies. That’s me.

Anyone  else going to be in attendance?

I’ll keep an eye out! If not look for the female 😂

• Supporters

Plenty of people do, though if it has a picture of a gun on it that's not always 100% ideal.  Can always just wap a load of tape/paper/fabric or whatever on/around the box though.  I'd recommend the Guarder M2000 if you decide to invest later, or one of the Voodoo Tac multi gun bags.  May seem overkill now but you'll need something like that down the line and it's much cheaper overall to get something too big now vs buying what fits your current gear and selling it on at a loss when you need to upgrade.

On a separate note, I wouldn't really say there are beginner sites or otherwise tbh, maybe events that aren't so beginner friendly if you've not been in the service or already had a lot of outdoor experience but they're far from common and not the sort of thing you just accidentally rock up to.  Skirmish wise you just play wherever, everyone wants as much business as possible.

28 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Plenty of people do, though if it has a picture of a gun on it that's not always 100% ideal.  Can always just wap a load of tape/paper/fabric or whatever on/around the box though.  I'd recommend the Guarder M2000 if you decide to invest later, or one of the Voodoo Tac multi gun bags.  May seem overkill now but you'll need something like that down the line and it's much cheaper overall to get something too big now vs buying what fits your current gear and selling it on at a loss when you need to upgrade.

On a separate note, I wouldn't really say there are beginner sites or otherwise tbh, maybe events that aren't so beginner friendly if you've not been in the service or already had a lot of outdoor experience but they're far from common and not the sort of thing you just accidentally rock up to.  Skirmish wise you just play wherever, everyone wants as much business as possible.

Just wondering but why can’t you have a picture of a weapon on the box? I’ll be sure to tape it up tonight and let my brother know too! 

• Supporters

Well legally I'd say that's a grey area, it would entirely depend where you carried it since 'brandishing' is very much a no-no and the way some jobsworths and curtain-twitchers are you could fall foul of somebody easily with 'a gun' in Britain 2018 (yep even a picture).  If you think that most police have any idea how to tell a real gun form airsoft even when they've got it in their hand right there let alone from a distance.. well don't think that ha.

End of the day always better safe than sorry even if the car park of a given site is within the boundaries of the site and you can't be seen when you open the boot.  Also my personal opinion is it's always best to just be as low profile as possible on the way to/from an event.  Like I'll maybe wear camo trousers at most but with a civvie jacket on top while I'm driving, all my bags are plain colours, no camo gear or gun bits protrude in any way etc etc, you get the idea.  Hell even from a crime avoidance perspective it makes sense because thieves are looking out for anything that unusual; there's so many reasons to just stay under the radar as much as possible while travelling.  Granted the likelihood is low for all this stuff, however the severity of potential consequence can be very high.

48 minutes ago, swingledingle said:

Just wondering but why can’t you have a picture of a weapon on the box? I’ll be sure to tape it up tonight and let my brother know too! 

Some sites stipulate that you need to have all RIFs/ifs concealed moving to and from the safe zone. The only ones I actually know of that do this are Zedadventures sites. Check with the site, most don’t care, and to be honest unless your likely to be seen by the public I wouldn’t worry too much 

Archived