The last AFUK Mall event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

date  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 6th or 13th october

• 6th October 12-6
    • 13th October 12-6

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/18 at 20:19

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Just floating an idea out there.

Wouldnt have to be Reading, we could try to make it more centralised for most of the SE England players, or even a little further out if people could manage. It could even be something as basic as all rocking up to a regular skirmish one week.

Imagine the look on the faces of the local 'regular team' when 50 people rocking AFUK patches show up and slaughter everyone :D  

There, that’s better. 

I did notice at the Mall that most people can actually shoot straight, and properly. The one thing that always annoyed me about Sunday skirmishes.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Game Cam said:

The thing I noticed most was how loud people talked about what they were going to do:

"Hey when you peak, the guy is crouching!"

(I stand up)

(Guy peaks, shoots low and misses while I hit him)

"Thanks for the warning dude" ;)

Yeah that is always a thing everywhere...

Lets all rush the room on 3!

1...2... I start shooting at the door, 3... ARGHHH HIT HIT HIT!!

4 hours ago, Prisce said:

There, that’s better. 

I did notice at the Mall that most people can actually shoot straight, and properly. The one thing that always annoyed me about Sunday skirmishes.

Totally.. Took some hits from god knows where. Someone even managed to get my hand when I stuck it out of a doorway!

Some cracking shots myself too. A Player Marshal was well impressed with one of my shots. Until it turned out I got one of our own!! :D  Still a good shot though hehe

I took what I thought was an excellent shot. Was stuck down in the basement by the L corridor going back and forth.

Kept poking my head out then was just lined my rifle up popped my head out and bang right on the ear lobe. 

Called out good shot, only to hear AJ behind me saying sorry as he was shooting behind me and caught me as I poked my head out. 

All good laughs. And yes I took the hit and back to spawn. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Finally got 20 minutes to do my little write up of the day!

Firstly - Apologies if you came up to me on the day and said "Hi, Lewis yeah? Hi I'm MEMBERX on the forums" and I didn't get to hang out and chat much.

My friend Pete was with me and as he's a non-forum member I didn't want him to feel like a lost lemon all on his own, so I didn't get to mingle as much.

Going Belt & Pistol only was such a revelation. Absolutely loved it! Much more freedom of movement, peeking round corners was superb, and making dash runs for rooms was much, much easier and infinitely more enjoyable and rewarding.
Gutted it took me this long to try it - just as they're closing the bloody place!

It was great to hang out and do some Room Clearing with my fellow Mod @Jedi_Master. Taking down Forum members like we're dishing out little 6mm Bans hah! :D

The downside was, even though we were assigned to protect Luke ( @Armourpiercing) He legged it so fast at the start of the Game that me and Jedi were wandering around going "Errrmm... we've lost our VIP that we're supposed to be protecting".

During the game where @Albiscuit was one of the Personalities I had some great plays.

Clearing the way up to the soft play area, onto the balcony and into the concrete room I saw Al with his hand up - remembering that the personalities had to remain within a few metres, I knew that Player Marshall Josh was nearby.

Luckily his red flashing bike light gave him away and I charged and fired my gun at the blinky light.

The plan was to head down stairs to the shop next to Candy land. 

We go downstairs and through the double doors to the back of Peacocks (LOVE The redesign of this bit by the way - so many less chokepoints and you can easily charge from the basement stairs into peacocks and create a solid push attack. Shame it's done the month they're closing! :( ).

Here, we all got shot. Luckily our respawn was just down the stairs behind us. 

Quick as a flash I was back to rescue them both. Shot again.

And again. And again. And  again. We just could NOT clear the bastards out of the upstairs lift room. 

Finally made a mad charge, grabbed Josh and pulled him into the doorway of Peacocks for a medic. I was so relieved I'd finally got  to them and rescued them that I gave him a hug! (Funny place The Mall, makes you do weird things..!) 

Next - through peacocks and got shot crossing the concourse into the shops. Never saw Albiscuit or Josh for the remainder of the game. My efforts to save them vanished into nothing! Gutted! :)

The Knife-Room game was great. Between rushing backwards and forwards with Jedi like military Pinballs with the laptops, repeatedly getting into a knife fight with North London Knife Expert, Albiscuit and the giant Polish man who insisted on repeatedly trying to knife the mask off my face, I've never laughed so much since the Pain game from the 2017 AFUK game.

I loved the whole day and it goes without saying that I'm going to miss the mall immensely. I've had the absolute BEST airsoft games of my life in the years I've been playing there. And I've made lots of new friends in my time there too.

Wherever they move to, I'll be there - and hopefully you will be too!

19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Finally got 20 minutes to do my little write up of the day!

Firstly - Apologies if you came up to me on the day and said "Hi, Lewis yeah? Hi I'm MEMBERX on the forums" and I didn't get to hang out and chat much.

My friend Pete was with me and as he's a non-forum member I didn't want him to feel like a lost lemon all on his own, so I didn't get to mingle as much.

Going Belt & Pistol only was such a revelation. Absolutely loved it! Much more freedom of movement, peeking round corners was superb, and making dash runs for rooms was much, much easier and infinitely more enjoyable and rewarding.
Gutted it took me this long to try it - just as they're closing the bloody place!

It was great to hang out and do some Room Clearing with my fellow Mod @Jedi_Master. Taking down Forum members like we're dishing out little 6mm Bans hah! :D

The downside was, even though we were assigned to protect Luke ( @Armourpiercing) He legged it so fast at the start of the Game that me and Jedi were wandering around going "Errrmm... we've lost our VIP that we're supposed to be protecting".

During the game were @Albiscuit was one of the Personalities I had some great plays.

Clearing the way up to the soft play area, onto the balcony and into the concrete room I saw Al with his hand up - remembering that the personalities had to remain within a few metres, I knew that Player Marshall Josh was nearby.

Luckily his red flashing bike light gave him away and I charged and fired my gun at the blinky light.

The plan was to head down stairs to the shop next to Candy land. 

We go downstairs and through the double doors to the back of Peacocks (LOVE The redesign of this bit by the way - so many less chokepoints and you can easily charge from the basement stairs into peacocks and create a solid push attack. Shame it's done the month they're closing! :( ).

Here, we all got shot. Luckily our respawn was just down the stairs behind us. 

Quick as a flash I was back to rescue them both. Shot again.

And again. And again. And  again. We just could NOT clear the bastards out of the upstairs lift room. 

Finally made a mad charge, grabbed Josh and pulled him into the doorway of Peacocks for a medic. I was so relieved I'd finally got  to them and rescued them that I gave him a hug! (Funny place The Mall, makes you do weird things..!) 

Next - through peacocks and got shot crossing the concourse into the shops. Never saw Albiscuit or Josh for the remainder of the game. My efforts to save them vanished into nothing! Gutted! :)

The Knife-Room game was great. Between rushing backwards and forwards with Jedi like military Pinballs with the laptops, repeatedly getting into a knife fight with North London Knife Expert, Albiscuit and the giant Polish man who insisted on repeatedly trying to knife the mask off my face, I've never laughed so much since the Pain game from the 2017 AFUK game.

I loved the whole day and it goes without saying that I'm going to miss the mall immensely. I've had the absolute BEST airsoft games of my life in the years I've been playing there. And I've made lots of new friends in my time there too.

Wherever they move to, I'll be there - and hopefully you will be too!

Nice write up.

I noticed you were busy when I handed those bits to you, to be honest it was a guess it was you 😂

Just now, Robert James said:

I noticed you were busy when I handed those bits to you, to be honest it was a guess it was you 😂

Yes! Apologies mate, I did want to come up and chat to you before the end of the day. Sorry I didn't :(

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

Yes! Apologies mate, I did want to come up and chat to you before the end of the day. Sorry I didn't :(

No worries. I need to you ask you this anyway: did you shoot someone and they said hit, then you shot again because you didn't hear them and then they shouted I SAID HIT 

Just now, Robert James said:

No worries. I need to you ask you this anyway: did you shoot someone and they said hit, then you shot again because you didn't hear them and then they shouted I SAID HIT 

I don't know actually - I can't remember.. was it you?

I know I may have tagged one guy a bit too much at one point.

He spotted me as he was coming down the corridor to Smelly Carpet Room.. I ducked back into Smelly Carpet and got tucked right inside the Electrical Cupboard. He entered the room firing into the corner where you'd expect someone to be and I popped him from inside the cupboard. He was moving fast and I think I got him with 3 or 4 quick shots.

I did get a "Hit.. Hit.. HIIITT!" response out of him.... :(

Just now, L3wisD said:

I don't know actually - I can't remember.. was it you?

I know I may have tagged one guy a bit too much at one point.

He spotted me as he was coming down the corridor to Smelly Carpet Room.. I ducked back into Smelly Carpet and got tucked right inside the Electrical Cupboard. He entered the room firing into the corner where you'd expect someone to be and I popped him from inside the cupboard. He was moving fast and I think I got him with 3 or 4 quick shots.

I did get a "Hit.. Hit.. HIIITT!" response out of him.... :(

I got smacked on the forehead and said hit the. Got hit again behind peacocks so shouted I said hit and whoever it was replied with "ever so sorry I didn't hear you, really sorry" I was gobsmacked by people attitude, it was pleasant and a great day

Oooh, I also forgot.. who was the fella I shot in the room behind Peacocks? We both rounded the corner at the same time but I managed to avoid getting hit somehow.

Then your mag fell out of your gun (might be why I wasn't hit).

After that I look down the main corridor behind Peacocks and see lots of players coming at me like that scene in Aliens when they're crawling through the ducting above the room :)

I'm trying my best to get them.

Running my mags out, ducking in and out of cover with pop shots. 

I shout "I could with a helping hand here!"

A voice shouts "COLOUR?!"

....."GREEN!" Was my apprehensive reply.

Turns out the people I was having a shootout with were also green. I could hear @ImTriggerHappy and the others chuckling and calling me an idiot 😂

11 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Oooh, I also forgot.. who was the fella I shot in the room behind Peacocks? We both rounded the corner at the same time but I managed to avoid getting hit somehow.

Then your mag fell out of your gun (might be why I wasn't hit).

After that I look down the main corridor behind Peacocks and see lots of players coming at me like that scene in Aliens when they're crawling through the ducting above the room :)

I'm trying my best to get them.

Running my mags out, ducking in and out of cover with pop shots. 

I shout "I could with a helping hand here!"

A voice shouts "COLOUR?!"

....."GREEN!" Was my apprehensive reply.

Turns out the people I was having a shootout with were also green. I could hear @ImTriggerHappy and the others chuckling and calling me an idiot 😂

Me. My mag fell out of my dump pouch.

The shot was below my rig and above my genitalia 

22 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Yeah that is always a thing everywhere...

Lets all rush the room on 3!

1...2... I start shooting at the door, 3... ARGHHH HIT HIT HIT!!

Totally.. Took some hits from god knows where. Someone even managed to get my hand when I stuck it out of a doorway!

Some cracking shots myself too. A Player Marshal was well impressed with one of my shots. Until it turned out I got one of our own!! :D  Still a good shot though hehe

I took a shot at your head but you ducked backwards and then you very kindly pointed where I was to your teammates which allowed me to shoot your finger :D

13 hours ago, L3wisD said:

That makes sense, I recall you jumped when we bumped into each other 😂

My torso was PEPPERED because of my lack of chest rig. Looked like I had measles!

Haha yup!

One of my other highlights from the day was when someone called out if I was Yellow or Green and I shouted, "Yellow! I mean Green!". "Well what team are you on?!". "I'm Green! I'm sorry I'm definitely not Yellow I panicked!".

Archived