The last AFUK Mall event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

date  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 6th or 13th october

• 6th October 12-6
    • 13th October 12-6

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/18 at 20:19

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, BoomingHedgie said:

Hmmm not sure what to suggest.

I think the game could work, just need to make sure it plays well.

It is a good idea for the first game just knowing the nature of the mall and the nature of airsofters I can see a million ways it will break.

Biggest issue is that although the idea is to keep moving because some people won't push against the odds you will end up with a dozen little stalemates.

I have every intention of running it regardless.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

My solution:

K . I . S . S .

I'm not a regular at the mall, & my previous 4ish visits were years ago, so my memory of the layout etc is foggy to say the least, BUT those of you who are regulars know which scenarios work well, as well as those that end in massive stalemates, so lets stick to what is known to work well, even if its just basic old skool capture the flag or attack & defend games, as someone whos gonna be driving over 230 miles on the day, id hate for the get together to be marred by hanging around too much or overcomplicated scenarios that fail in an epic fashion.

P.S. this isn't a criticism of you guys that are organising the day, I'm very grateful to you for doing it & I'm really looking forward to it, like you I want it to be epic 😁

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

My solution:

K . I . S . S .

I'm not a regular at the mall, & my previous 4ish visits were years ago, so my memory of the layout etc is foggy to say the least, BUT those of you who are regulars know which scenarios work well, as well as those that end in massive stalemates, so lets stick to what is known to work well, even if its just basic old skool capture the flag or attack & defend games, as someone whos gonna be driving over 230 miles on the day, id hate for the get together to be marred by hanging around too much or overcomplicated scenarios that fail in an epic fashion.

P.S. this isn't a criticism of you guys that are organising the day, I'm very grateful to you for doing it & I'm really looking forward to it, like you I want it to be epic 😁

There will be no over complicated games. Going for fun rather than serious. 

I want to run slightly different games than we always run. Similar because I know what works but with twists.

No game is final anyway as prefer to have an idea but also know that most days need adjusting to suit who walks in.

I have a question/worry.

My +1 will be borrowing my UMP, how strict are the mall on the 1J rule? Last time I chronoed the gun on site I think it was bang on 1.1J but this was a year ago, it's barely been used since then however I don't think I can trust my chrono as it's giving me different readings when I was playing with my sniper My chrono says 1.6J however site says it's bang on the 2.3J limit FWIW.

Will anyone have a spare pew pewer laying around that I could potentially borrow if my UMP is over the mall limit?

12 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

I have a question/worry.

My +1 will be borrowing my UMP, how strict are the mall on the 1J rule? Last time I chronoed the gun on site I think it was bang on 1.1J but this was a year ago, it's barely been used since then however I don't think I can trust my chrono as it's giving me different readings when I was playing with my sniper My chrono says 1.6J however site says it's bang on the 2.3J limit FWIW.

Will anyone have a spare pew pewer laying around that I could potentially borrow if my UMP is over the mall limit?

Extremely strict, my pistol fired 1 of 5 shots at 343fps (rest well below) and I wasn’t allowed to use it 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

I have a question/worry.

Mall is 340fps and not 1fps over.

Duck mentioned bringing spares but suggest you PM him to enquire.

I might bring a spare but unsure at the moment. Even if I do my cheapest is not cheap so dubious on lending to people I do not know.

16 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

I have a question/worry.

If not, ask @Prisce... Go to guy for spares 😏

11 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Mall is 340fps and not 1fps over.

Duck mentioned bringing spares but suggest you PM him to enquire.

I might bring a spare but unsure at the moment. Even if I do my cheapest is not cheap so dubious on lending to people I do not know.

Fair enough, I was planning on just using my pistol again, I shall PM him just in case.

13 minutes ago, E21A said:

Extremely strict, my pistol fired 1 of 5 shots at 343fps (rest well below) and I wasn’t allowed to use it 

It's fair, when I upgraded the internals I was going for the 350 limit and had to have a coil cut off to bring it down to this. Would suck if we came up and one of us was unable to play lol.

Happy to bring my raider as a spare. Its sub 300fps but have run it and had a blast before at the mall with it

Need to know before hand though, so let me know if you get stuck!

That would be cool cheers Albiscuit, I'm not 100% as I don't think I can trust my chrono given the readings i'm getting. Unless you guys know of a way to recalibrate chronos?

I'm just thinking in case my ump is shooting hot for the mall as I only have my pistol, ump and sniper ^^

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Robert James said:

If not, ask @Prisce... Go to guy for spares 😏

I may have 1 or 2 if needed. Lemme know and I’ll bring a few along. Most of mine fire under 340. Got a Raider, TM MP5(one for sale-shoots perfect in semi, auto is the biatch- and it only decides to mess up when someone comes around to test and buy it... typical), my battered TM Scar recoil, possibly a couple of other short RIFs if I ask my brother who’s coming along too.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

I only have my pistol, ump and sniper ^^

I always have a spare or two (but I'm bringing 2 players with me😉), so i'll try to resurrect a couple of projects, plus I can chuck in a couple of tri-shot Shotties as a fall back.

Only rule of lending is "you bend it, you mend it !"

• Supporters

@ImTriggerHappy, how are we gonna tell teams apart ?, specific camo's/colours, or boring old armbands ?

(I prefer the camo/colour option😉)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

@ImTriggerHappy, how are we gonna tell teams apart ?, specific camo's/colours, or boring old armbands ?

(I prefer the camo/colour option😉)

One team will have yellow tape on their arms.

Its a fun skirmish not a milsim buddy. Trying to set specific clothing wouldn't happen, I do not own one piece of camo kit. Half of the site is dark so you will have to rely on where your team are, situational awareness sort of thing as all you will see is a shape.

Or just do as I do, anything between me and where I am going that I can't identify instantly gets shot.

• Supporters

That's cool, I was gonna go for black kit anyway, yellow stripes will set it off lol

2394942100000578-2853550-image-3_1417219608491.jpg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just get the outfit, much better.

Please do! I was going to get something similar but time frame hasn’t been kind and isnt looking like it’ll get better before game day. Damn work.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

We should have made it fancy dress thinking about it!!  ;) 

It not too late 😜

Archived