The last AFUK Mall event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

date  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 6th or 13th october

• 6th October 12-6
    • 13th October 12-6

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/18 at 20:19

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Limited ammo games would be a bit pants as I'm a relatively heavy trigger finger kind of guy, but barely use 200-300 shots in any given game at the mall.

The real test would be 60 BB limit 😂

Majority of sites i play (yes skirmish sites) are limited rnds.. makes things more interesting and pushes people to make decisions

Why not up the ante to 30bbs

• Supporters

The first time I went to the mall, the opening game i used 5 pistol rounds. If you haven’t been there before it takes you a while to take the site in and realise where all the experienced players will be hiding and shooting you in the arse.

I agree with the others though, don’t think I about more than 200rds all night last time.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Majority of sites i play (yes skirmish sites) are limited rnds.. makes things more interesting and pushes people to make decisions

Why not up the ante to 30bbs

Too much hassle. Ammo limits are ok on outdoor to stop people spamming rounds but in cqb they don't make much difference.

On a Sunday I use about 7 to 8 hundred a day and even on a bad day probably get 200+ kills because you get way more one shot kills in cqb.

Want to keep it as fun as possible, good old fashioned stupid airsoft.

Might play twins and tether @clumpyedge to me.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Too much hassle. Ammo limits are ok on outdoor to stop people spamming rounds but in cqb they don't make much difference.

On a Sunday I use about 7 to 8 hundred a day and even on a bad day probably get 200+ kills because you get way more one shot kills in cqb.

Fair enough. Your rules man, Just trying to have some input.

The sites that have the limits are CQB ;)

• Supporters
Just now, clumpyedge said:

Fair enough. Your rules man, Just trying to have some input.

The sites that have the limits are CQB ;)

I could live with it and would like it but others will just want to spam rounds down the concourse and I don't really want to limit anyones way to play. 

Keep chucking ideas on game types as nothing is set in stone yet.

I could live with it and would like it but others will just want to spam rounds down the concourse and I don't really want to limit anyones way to play. 

Keep chucking ideas on game types as nothing is set in stone yet.

That's fair enough, I'll borrow a micro gun then ;)

VIP game - rescue the VIP kinda thing?

Got a couple of ideas along those lines.

Money in the bank style game?

everyone gets a token at the start of the game (more back at respawn) when shot the other team has to come and get your token (Medic rule? if they can get to you) team with the most tokens back at respawn when game ends is the winner

• Supporters
Just now, clumpyedge said:

Money in the bank style game?

everyone gets a token at the start of the game (more back at respawn) when shot the other team has to come and get your token (Medic rule? if they can get to you) team with the most tokens back at respawn when game ends is the winner

Probably play the vault game.

Probably some form of personality domination. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

Anyone fancy lunch beforehand or pint after?

Too busy

3 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Not knowing the list of games played at the mall hard to offer up anything that isnt already done in some form or another.

Looking for something new that isn't  a mall normal game so keep going

Capture the flag... Right in the middle of the concourse.. get the flag, run back to your spawn.. you could do this as smaller teams of maybe 10 each, one 10 from yellow 10 from green, whichever has the highest after 10 minutes gets a point for yellow or green, after an hour tot up the scores

I admit this isn't the easiest but it gives people a chance to play smaller games and others to get ready for next games etc as there are little to no breaks this time

@L3wisD we might stay for a pint after not sure what the others want to do yet. We always say we will but then someone is tired

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Capture the flag... Right in the middle of the concourse.. get the flag, run back to your spawn.. you could do this as smaller teams of maybe 10 each, one 10 from yellow 10 from green, whichever has the highest after 10 minutes gets a point for yellow or green, after an hour tot up the scores

I admit this isn't the easiest but it gives people a chance to play smaller games and others to get ready for next games etc as there are little to no breaks this time

@L3wisD we might stay for a pint after not sure what the others want to do yet. We always say we will but then someone is tired

along the same lines...

Checkpoint game - Cones (or whatever you have) with two different coloured flags all over the place, objective is to change those flags to your team colour... most team colours raised at the end wins

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

along the same lines...

Checkpoint game - Cones (or whatever you have) with two different coloured flags all over the place, objective is to change those flags to your team colour... most team colours raised at the end wins

We have two with lights on so you just have switch on or off and hold it?

13 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Looking for something new that isn't  a mall normal game so keep going

Well once and once only I played the "Payday" game there. Which worked really well.

2 Briefcases. Only one person can hold one briefcase. You CANNOT put it down once you have it unless you are hit.

Only people with briefcases can pick up money from the vault room on the basement level. Everyone else has to protect and make sure their team keeps the case until the end of the game.

This means the game moves around where people fight over, at first its the briefcases, then its the vault then its a defend the briefcase type thing.

Also if its possible to do the "final" round with the smoke machines on that would be awesome. They basically fill the main area with smoke and then do a "spooky" game.

How about free for all mario kart? Three balloons strapped to your back, once they are all popped your out. Winner is last balloon/s left alive. Would need to be kept to one level though. Bottom of C&A and the outer area only or top floor? Great game to end on, used to do it at Epsom Tunnels and was a right laugh.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

How about free for all mario kart? Three balloons strapped to your back, once they are all popped your out. Winner is last balloon/s left alive. Would need to be kept to one level though. Bottom of C&A and the outer area only or top floor? Great game to end on, used to do it at Epsom Tunnels and was a right laugh.

I like that one. Will see if I can get hold of something to inflate the balloons because buggered if am blowing up about 200 balloons. Would have to use concourse as will be about 70 people with the marshals playing.

Only issue I see is some will die in seconds and end up waiting around for quite a while.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I like that one. Will see if I can get hold of something to inflate the balloons because buggered if am blowing up about 200 balloons. Would have to use concourse as will be about 70 people with the marshals playing.

Only issue I see is some will die in seconds and end up waiting around for quite a while.

We had to blow our own up if we wanted to play.

Tying them on was a mission, especially if you had no rig/PC like me..

You have played against me before I see!!!  ;)

Archived