Those 1 in a million shots.

ghostwalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Spent the day at battlestations activities today. More cqb than usual. 

Thought I had prepared. One Tigris lower mask to compliment my ess ice glasses and baseball cap. 

But sometimes, your just not meant to avoid that one shot. Today was that day for me. 

Hit the tiny gap between the bottom of the glasses and top of the mask and deflected up. 

I feel incredibly lucky as it hit just below the eye and unlucky as it happened. 

Gonna be a beaut of a shiner by the looks of it after only 3 hours. 

54A1D6A4-DF0A-433A-A7F1-9F76EC27ECFD.jpeg

• Supporters

owch, although it's the trade off you accept for more general comfort and visibility with glasses.

i had something similar although luckily much further range and didn't leave a mark with my old bolle phantom's, so i run my current ones as goggles so there's no chance of a bb getting by.

as a more general 1 in a million, i have a bb still stick in one of the tabs sticking out on the mg42's mag, it hit the hole perfect and lodged in there.

• Supporters

Gonna have a nice shiner tomorrow 😱.

I'm the same, prefer the freedom of glasses, but had one get by a pair (that I then binned), right in the corner, hit the little fleshy ball (lacrimal caruncle), between the eye & the lids.......FUUUUCCKKK MEEEE THAT HURT, was on my knees for five mins afterwards, id take a kick in the balls over that any day.

Lacrimal_caruncle_top10.jpg

I generally wear ess ice glasses as they are about the only eye protection I have found that doesn’t fog up despite me being a big ball of sweat. 

Has made me think about eye protection though. As my main hobbies are airsoft and miniature painting. I wouldn’t know what to do with myself had that shot deflected slightly higher. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Lacrimal_caruncle_top10.jpg

Ooohh Tackle ! Don’t you have sexy eyes ! 😍😍😍😍😍

🤣

i remember it hitting me and thinking bugger that hurt. Walking back to respawn and thinking it felt a bit sore.

Then a marshall noticed and pulled me to one side to try and clean it up a bit and check i was ok.

Kinda meh about it now. Really need to double check my glasses for any chips or nicks as it was a fairly heavy crack when it hit

I had this a couple of weeks ago, bb made it between my onetigris mask and my valken goggles.

Caught me nicely to the left of the bridge of my nose; lot of blood that I didn't notice til I came off.

Fortunately, the valkens are full seal so no risk to my eyes, but I bought a dyei4 the next day.

I spent ages getting the join between my mask and the goggles spot on, but those bbs will find a way in!!

Be careful. I don't think I'd risk glasses.

4 years of airsoft and it’s the first time it’s ever happened. But that probably as that’s been nearly all woodland ball and not cqb. 

Meh. We live and learn. Might pick up some decent mesh goggles for cqb games as normal goggles and me equal a blind man. 

• Moderators

ive been hit between bottom of goggle and mask in a work game, bit of blood but not as painful as other areas when hit :lol:

Also hit on bridge of nose where mask had slipped a little ..... short sharp pain but not as bad as i had thought!

may actually look at zip tie mask to goggles....

My mate gets ones like this on a regular basis, he usually runs towards gunfire so never surprises anyone

Archived