TM Hi Capa 4.3 Strike Warrior

Hellfish
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have replaced the recoil spring with a 120% one as the stock version was a bit worn/crap and now the slide doesn't lock back after the last BB is fired. 

I've not really tinkered with GBB's before so am a bit dense... 

Advice? 

2 hours ago, Hellfish said:

I have replaced the recoil spring with a 120% one as the stock version was a bit worn/crap and now the slide doesn't lock back after the last BB is fired. 

I've not really tinkered with GBB's before so am a bit dense... 

Advice? 

Are you sure you bought one that is doubled over like the stock one? Due to the short barrel length it requires it. 

34 minutes ago, Hellfish said:

Ahh... I did wonder why the stock spring was like that. No. Its just a standard spring, not doubled over.... 

I am afraid you have the wrong spring

The Strike Warrior has the shortest inner barrel of any GBB at 74mm so it needs a doubled over spring in order to give a decent kick and slide return. Otherwise the spring is just not powerful enough. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Hellfish said:

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction of a retailer and the right spring? 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/rcc-recoil-spring-set-for-marui-detonics45

This would be most likely. There is no specific recoil spring entry for a Strike Warrior so we must assume the detonics one is the correct one. Let us know if this works! (I may need to buy one in a few years.)

Archived