Hate it with a passion.

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
5 hours ago, Slamz said:

On a hot day it's absolute bliss being able to run about with no extra kit on, so I admit I really do like it for the lightweight loadout! 

Can be fun on any day, really.  Last Sunday I was loaning gear out and for a couple of games, just ran my MP5K with a couple of mags taped together, no vest, no belt, nothing, and had a blast.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Actually, on the gear/heat topic, I hate plate carriers. Best thing I did was swapping to Smersh, cooler and better at load carrying. 

Smersh op

I had a couple of different belt rigs for different guns, smersh replaced them all overnight.

17 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Actually, on the gear/heat topic, I hate plate carriers. Best thing I did was swapping to Smersh, cooler and better at load carrying. 

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Smersh op

I had a couple of different belt rigs for different guns, smersh replaced them all overnight.

got some links to this mystical load bearing equipment for a noob to look at? Run a chest rig currently as didn't see the point of PCs. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

got some links to this mystical load bearing equipment for a noob to look at? Run a chest rig currently as didn't see the point of PCs. 

https://grey-shop.ru/Vest/Smersh-Vest/Smersh-AK

The smersh isnt the only type, the bundeswehr lks, british plce, american alice systems etc also follow the same general belt rig idea. You can also just make your own out of a molle belt and h harness and attatch whatever you want on there.

The smersh is particularly comfy, and the ak variety will easily take 8 ak/m4 mags (or similar) as well as having smaller pockets for speedloaders, grenades (happily the russians use a grenade very similar to airsoft stick pyros so they have lovely elasticated holsters for those) etc, room on the belt for dump pouches/water bottles (or a hydration pouch on the back) and the "bum bag" is cavernous (its pretty much a rucksack) and easily accomodates hpa bottles, bags of ammo and whatever else you feel you might need.

Only downside is the only decent place i could find to mount a pistol on it was the left shoulder, fortunately the makarov is nice and unobtrusive in that regard. Well that and the feeling of your spine uncompressing when taking the lot off :P

47 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

https://grey-shop.ru/Vest/Smersh-Vest/Smersh-AK

The smersh isnt the only type, the bundeswehr lks, british plce, american alice systems etc also follow the same general belt rig idea. You can also just make your own out of a molle belt and h harness and attatch whatever you want on there.

The smersh is particularly comfy, and the ak variety will easily take 8 ak/m4 mags (or similar) as well as having smaller pockets for speedloaders, grenades (happily the russians use a grenade very similar to airsoft stick pyros so they have lovely elasticated holsters for those) etc, room on the belt for dump pouches/water bottles (or a hydration pouch on the back) and the "bum bag" is cavernous (its pretty much a rucksack) and easily accomodates hpa bottles, bags of ammo and whatever else you feel you might need.

Only downside is the only decent place i could find to mount a pistol on it was the left shoulder, fortunately the makarov is nice and unobtrusive in that regard. Well that and the feeling of your spine uncompressing when taking the lot off :P

I am a big fan of the American ALICE system. Whenever I see some clips for sale which isn't often I snap them right up. I never attach any pouches without one or preferably two. 

On 17/04/2019 at 00:31, Tackle said:

Not entirely sure which mags your referring to ?, I've owned hi's/mids/lows in almost every gun I've ever owned, which is a shitload in 18+ years of playing, but myself I generally only use single shot when playing, so mags keeping up has never been an issue, same goes for stupid rof guns, what's that about, no realism & in my (tiny😏) mind, absolutely no point.

if tomorrow every site turned round & said "lo's or mids only, fps not exceeding 328 & nowt with a rof of more than 15 per second" ( which is still mad enough), I'd say hallelujah, thank f$ck for that, now maybe we can get back to the business of having fun without players trying to exploit the already easygoing rules we have in the U.K., much of which is tantamount to cheating, just to get a perceived tiny advantage ( much like their dicks 😜)

as for mags that don't work well, boohoo, in the past I've modded & built mags for custom projects, it baffles me that players will spend loads on a gun, throw hundreds more in to upgrades (often unnecessarily), but then are reliant on stock mags, it's like updating a super car but using the cheapest tires & complaining you can't get traction.

p.s. @Skara, where you been mate, you've not posted up lately ?

The ARP9 mags mid and hicap are shit show.
The hicaps are shite and the midcaps are 50/50 shite. The only reliable option is the drum, which is flawless...

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I am a big fan of the American ALICE system. Whenever I see some clips for sale which isn't often I snap them right up. I never attach any pouches without one or preferably two. 

they're all good systems. plate carriers only really make sense if you're needing to wear body armour for protection, at which point you might as well hang some mags off it. although granted in airsoft it's just for looks.

of course the reason i don't bother is i have enough frontal overhang without adding a bunch of mags to it :P

Hmmmmm... a gun that I detest for no reason other than "I just do." That's a tough one...

I'm going to go with the F2000. FN made so many lovely guns, like the P90, SCAR, Browning High Power... But the F2000 makes me want to vomit. Ugh.

Also any Glock, because real steel Glock fanboys can be insufferable.

It would appear my rifs offend just about everyone on here!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And yes that is a gold barrel on the not glock

Personally I find  the VZ58 a monstrosity in every length, stock variant and rail/grip addition.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Huxley said:

Taking a gearbox apart for the first time, only to have it go boom in your face.

It took me half an hour to find the spring guide after I opened my first gearbox. ;)

• Supporters

Protip- before splitting the gearbox halves shove a screwdriver up the bolt hole for the stock and use it to hold the spring guide down while you pop the halves apart.

If you have a gate Titan then leave the lipo plugged in the light should help you see what you are doing and if it goes out you know somethings gone wrong!!!😉

Only apples to the previous post 

In fact that's another thing I hate, the cost of replacement gate Titans 

On 23/04/2019 at 07:54, Rogerborg said:

It took me half an hour to find the spring guide after I opened my first gearbox. ;)

First thing I did was run to youtube, they only had the ak v3 box but it's very similar so should be fine.

Meh I've been dying for a reason to buy the Kwa ronin 2.5 anyway. 😁

• 1 month later...

What i hate about our toys, I hate that m4's are everywhere. I hate that i want something different just for the sake of difference. I really hate that i have fallen (a little bit to much) for the g36k- i hate that i cant get my hands on one. the C sure, the E not for the cqb sites i have in mind to visit. 

my two pence

Guys that take it all just a bit to seriously, like waay too seriously. As in they actually believe they are in a real firefight and could

quite possibly be a real asset to any team if deployed into active theatre!

There is one guy of that ilk over here that I am convinced truly believes he is some sort of special forces highly trained assassin operator god ffs.

In one game he actually picked up a coke can some lazy dick had not bothered to put in one of many bins. I commented on this and said how there was no excuse for it etc. He replied that it was best to get it off the field in case the enemy planted some DNA on it..............

There are no words.

Oh, and I hate that I can never find a Dominator 870 for sale.

2 hours ago, BALDYMONSTER said:

Guys that take it all just a bit to seriously, like waay too seriously. As in they actually believe they are in a real firefight and could

quite possibly be a real asset to any team if deployed into active theatre!

There is one guy of that ilk over here that I am convinced truly believes he is some sort of special forces highly trained assassin operator god ffs.

In one game he actually picked up a coke can some lazy dick had not bothered to put in one of many bins. I commented on this and said how there was no excuse for it etc. He replied that it was best to get it off the field in case the enemy planted some DNA on it..............

There are no words.

Oh, and I hate that I can never find a Dominator 870 for sale.

DNA... wtf

I know, and he was absolutely serious.

Archived