Trying to buy my first gun

waffles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I been wanting a m4 or an ak. I really love the ak47 look. But can't find a good one with rails. I love the m4. Because of how it feels and sits and how customizable it is. I have a budget of 100-200 pounds for the gun itself. Could anyone recommend some good guns? Bought a g36c gen 3 from justbbguns and it was just really poor condition and hated it. I am a beginner 

8 minutes ago, waffles said:

I been wanting a m4 or an ak. I really love the ak47 look. But can't find a good one with rails. I love the m4. Because of how it feels and sits and how customizable it is. I have a budget of 100-200 pounds for the gun itself. Could anyone recommend some good guns? Bought a g36c gen 3 from justbbguns and it was just really poor condition and hated it. I am a beginner 

If you bought an SRC G36 Gen 3 then just get it looked at properly by a qualified tech. It can be a fantastic gun when tuned properly. The Gen 3 gearboxes are bullet proof. 

Having said that take a look at this AK. 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-040n-full-metal-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

2 minutes ago, waffles said:

I feel like I would fall over once and have to  buy another one. It does look ****ing sexy 

It was just an example that I found in about 15 seconds. There are plenty of railed AKs out there 

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If you bought an SRC G36 Gen 3 then just get it looked at properly by a qualified tech. It can be a fantastic gun when tuned properly. The Gen 3 gearboxes are bullet proof. 

Having said that take a look at this AK. 

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-040n-full-metal-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Think this might be the gun for me 😍.  Ye I got the gen 3 because it's built better but this particular 1 feels really bad to hold and shoot :(

22 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

G&g arp9

g&g firehawk

both worth a look

Both look very nice but I'd prefer a longer barrel. My friend is getting the firehawk.

11 minutes ago, waffles said:

Think this might be the gun for me 😍.  Ye I got the gen 3 because it's built better but this particular 1 feels really bad to hold and shoot :(

Both look very nice but I'd prefer a longer barrel. My friend is getting the firehawk.

If you spend the money on upgrades and maintenance on the G36 that you would spend on a new gun, you will have a far far better gun then anything you can buy stock for that kind of money. 

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If you spend the money on upgrades and maintenance on the G36 that you would spend on a new gun, you will have a far far better gun then anything you can buy stock for that kind of money. 

I spent 200 on it and only just got it brand new and feels like it wants to break. So I'm sending it back and decided I want a £150 to £200 good ak with rails or m4 I hear g&g do good m4s but don't know if I'm getting a good deal on the inside of the gun or just paying for the cosmetic parts

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

If you bought an SRC G36 Gen 3 then just get it looked at properly by a qualified tech. It can be a fantastic gun when tuned properly. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Sorry bud but disagree with you there .

Not having a dig at you personally mate (it seems to be a common thing in Airsoft ) but I really really don’t get this , why should anyone have to spend even more money on a new AEG just to get it running well ? If I’m dropping a large amount of money on a new gun from a retailer then I expect to be happy with it out of the box and NOT think “oh wow ! That looks sweet ! now what do I need to do to it to get it working as good as it looks ?”  

I feel exactly the same about UK retailers selling guns that are above the unofficial game standard of 350max for AEG’s AND then either expect me to change the spring my self (and void my warranty in the process) or pay them extra so I can actually use in a game the product THERE selling me  ! 

Do you see where I’m coming from ?

15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Sorry bud but disagree with you there .

Not having a dig at you personally mate (it seems to be a common thing in Airsoft ) but I really really don’t get this , why should anyone have to spend even more money on a new AEG just to get it running well ? If I’m dropping a large amount of money on a new gun from a retailer then I expect to be happy with it out of the box and NOT think “oh wow ! That looks sweet ! now what do I need to do to it to get it working as good as it looks ?”  

I feel exactly the same about UK retailers selling guns that are above the unofficial game standard of 350max for AEG’s AND then either expect me to change the spring my self (and void my warranty in the process) or pay them extra so I can actually use in a game the product THERE selling me  ! 

Do you see where I’m coming from ?

He never said he was able return it and reuse the money for something else until after I recommended this course of action. As he has now clarified he can return it, I recommend that he should buy something else. 

In addition he should buy it from a more reputable retailer. 

Also his description of his G36 is in "Poor condition" and "Hated it" is rather vague. He could mean that "Its made of plastic" like all G36's. We just dont know. 

Would also be usefull to understand what was wrong with the G36C, and what if anything was done to it.

Op has done one skirmish, I didn't know about hop adjustments after one skirmish, could be something as basic as needing to adjust the hop.  Admitedly I was using a rental, so would hope hop was adjusted, though I did feel out ranged.

Indoors or outdoors, weather conditions, and what ammo?  E.g. .20s are usually ok for CQB/indoors, on a windy day outside you'd struggle.

Just buying a new gun, might not suddenly make it alright.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 hour ago, waffles said:

I feel like I would fall over once and have to  buy another one. It does look ****ing sexy 

It’s a Cyma , unless your a very very clumsy lump who plans to fall on it multiple times I think you’ll be ok with it ! 😉😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

He never said he was able return it and reuse the money for something else until after I recommended this course of action. As he has now clarified he can return it, I recommend that he should buy something else. 

In addition he should buy it from a more reputable retailer. 

Also his description of his G36 is in "Poor condition" and "Hated it" is rather vague. He could mean that "Its made of plastic" like all G36's. We just dont know. 

In the process of returning the gun. Just did not like the feel and a lot of parts moved when they shoudnt. The battery they gave me has to be forced in to fit. Just not what I expected from them. So looking at g&g m4s bulldog m4s and cyma AKs atm.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

It’s a Cyma , unless your a very very clumsy lump who plans to fall on it multiple times I think you’ll be ok with it ! 😉😂😂😂

amen, it's the rental gun of choice for sites round here and the general consensus is "nothing, not even catching fire can kill them"

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

amen, it's the rental gun of choice for sites round here and the general consensus is "nothing, not even catching fire can kill them"

The funny thing is SRC G36's were also the rental gun of choice for quite a lot of sites for the same reason. (Still are in the case of Bunker 51)

18 minutes ago, waffles said:

In the process of returning the gun. Just did not like the feel and a lot of parts moved when they shoudnt. The battery they gave me has to be forced in to fit. Just not what I expected from them. So looking at g&g m4s bulldog m4s and cyma AKs atm.

Id strongly suggest a G&G if looking at m4s 

• Supporters
Just now, E21A said:

Id strongly suggest a G&G if looking at m4s 

Most definitely this . If you want your starter to be an M4’type’ then it’s gota be a G&G combat machine of some sort . If it’s going to be an AK ? Then Cyma all the way ! 

And as a quick example ;

you’ve got this for £89.99 

https://roeairsoft.co.uk/gg-cm16-carbine-summer-sale-344-p.asp

or this AK for just under £80 inc P&P !

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-520-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Most definitely this . If you want your starter to be an M4’type’ then it’s gota be a G&G combat machine of some sort . If it’s going to be an AK ? Then Cyma all the way ! 

And as a quick example ;

you’ve got this for £89.99 

https://roeairsoft.co.uk/gg-cm16-carbine-summer-sale-344-p.asp

or this AK for just under £80 inc P&P !

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-520-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

They seem cheap and I love to play around with my toys. So you think they can withstand abit of clumsiness and what would be the difference to those and a 100 pound more gun?

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, waffles said:

They seem cheap and I love to play around with my toys. So you think they can withstand abit of clumsiness and what would be the difference to those and a 100 pound more gun?

There both good bomb proof AEGs (as much as any Airsoft gun is) but if you get a £500+ gun and abuse it it’s still going to brake just as easily as an £80 gun , there not real and you just can’t treat them as if they were . Look after them and they’ll be fine , don’t and they won’t ! Simples .

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

There both good bomb proof AEGs (as much as any Airsoft gun is) but if you get a £500+ gun and abuse it it’s still going to brake just as easily as an £80 gun , there not real and you just can’t treat them as if they were . Look after them and they’ll be fine , don’t and they won’t ! Simples .

Oh right so if I'm getting the m4 I should just look around 50 to 150 price range? And look for a good gearbox and stuff?  I like the m4 you linked just missing the rails 😟

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

yep, hence why my mg42 is currently undergoing major surgery after i dropped it.

35 minutes ago, waffles said:

Oh right so if I'm getting the m4 I should just look around 50 to 150 price range? And look for a good gearbox and stuff?  I like the m4 you linked just missing the rails 😟

There are G&G combat machines with rails, have a look around 

Archived