Cutting the barrel

Jake bowler
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Shorter barrel=less FPS 

longer barrel=more FPS 

but if you start chucking tight bore inners in the mix THEN you can get higher FPS with shorter barrels .

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Shorter barrel=less FPS 

longer barrel=more FPS 

but if you start chucking tight bore inners in the mix THEN you can get higher FPS with shorter barrels .

I've just changed a longer tightbore for a shorted brass non tightbore and got better FPS. 🙃

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

I've just changed a longer tightbore for a shorted brass non tightbore and got better FPS. 🙃

Always has to be one ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂

40 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Always has to be one ! 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂

Im sorry mate haha. 

The tightbore was a madbull if thats any help. No idea if theyre shite or not. But i hear the brass are decent. 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Im sorry mate haha. 

The tightbore was a madbull if thats any help. No idea if theyre shite or not. But i hear the brass are decent. 

Nah probs 🤣🤣

Was just quoting what the general rule of thumb seems to be with inner barrels , what Ive always heard anyway! 😁👍

It has to be balanced.

Longer barrel = higher fps to a point, then it reduces it, but more importantly FPS is easy, It's a spring and it can be changed without any issues.

Longer barrel also = more variance in shot to shot FPS. This is bad for a sniper rifle. You need every shot to be the same or as close as possible. Having +-5fps a shot isn't going to cut it because with that FPS difference you will also see a hop variance. So the shot you fire will not hit the same point every time predictably.

You need to do a true volume calculation, then factor the barrel length to that. There are countless threads on this on here and on the sniper forums. Everyone has a different answer but most will be saying you need to be heading out towards the 2.5-3:1 ratio to get the shot consistency you need.

Archived