UKARA charges by sites

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why are some sites charging so much for initial UKARA and for renewal.

What does your site charge.

Some sites seem to link it to their site membership to charge more!

Absolute Airsoft charges a fiver.

My site doesn't charge for UKARA renewal. I would assume some sites charge due to the time taken to do it. I do not think it takes that long but everyone's time is worth something. 

Is that Section 8 Airsoft & what was original registration.

There was a thread about this some time ago, can't recall the name so I don't think i'll find it.

However, most sites do some sort of membership fee to them, which gives you certain % off games etc etc and includes UKARA registration. However, I dont think the Mall charge for renewal, although I am sure I will be corrected if i'm wrong.

Yep section 8. there was never any charge owner has decided to absorb the cost of maintaining player registration. 

Thats my kind of owner give him a pat on the back from me.

1 hour ago, TheKempyy said:

Dogtag charge £10 admin and then nothing for the renewal.

They also throw in their own membership, so get discounts on Pyro, game days and members only events.

And a gigantic patch 😂

Didnt know about discounts though, their pyro is fucking cheap as it is! 

Survival didn't charge me anything for registration . And I am not sure if they even have a membership option, everyone I know down there just pays walk on fee, they just post any special events on their facebook page for anyone to attend. Very friendly site.

UKARA is free to sign up, RIFT don't charge anything, and you don't have to be a member either.

3 hours ago, gasman said:

Why are some sites charging so much for initial UKARA and for renewal.

What does your site charge.

Some sites seem to link it to their site membership to charge more!

Absolute Airsoft charges a fiver.

Absolute only charge £5 for initial registration which includes a quality i.d card,renewal is free.

• Supporters

Black ops Cribbs don’t charge anything to register , and there’s no charge for the renewal either .

From memory £15 for Ambush, for site membership per year with that UKARA included.

Cheers

G

On 02/08/2018 at 15:25, AshOnSnow said:

UKARA is free to sign up, RIFT don't charge anything, and you don't have to be a member either.

If you read the Ukara registration sheet you will see that they are confirming you as a member of their insured game site. they just don't give you the ridiculously sized patch and the time wasting presentation unless you are a paid member. 

• Head Moderator
On 02/08/2018 at 12:08, Robert James said:

However, I dont think the Mall charge for renewal, although I am sure I will be corrected if i'm wrong.

I was re-registered with UKARA for free when I renewed my annual membership at The Mall.

• Supporters
On 02/08/2018 at 11:57, gasman said:

What does your site charge

£0 and £0.  I assume that they recognise that it's to their benefit to not put any barriers in the way of people getting invested in the hobby.  Yes, it's work for them, but it's factored into the cost of running the business.  They don't charge for using the toilets, or for sweeping up BBs either, for the same reason.

So it looks like a lot of people running sites have woken up to the fact airsofters don't like being ripped off. Only a few greedy buttwipes left then.

please tell us what your site is and what it charges.

Skirmish Billericay didn't charge me anything for initial registration, can't speak for renewal as haven't been going long enough but on the basis I wasn't charged in the first place I would assume that is also free.

Archived