The end of The Mall, Reading :(

L3wisD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I know a lot of us are mall regulars.

From the Zed Airsoft page:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

The End Is Extremely Fucking Nigh!

As you may know, the development of Station Hill & the surrounding area in Reading has been slowly moving forward for many years now & closure of “The Mall” has always been a whisper in the winds – for nine & a half years in fact.

This could potentially mean the final lap for us at The Mall.

With that in mind & with our customers in mind we’re giving this potential notice well in advance so that should you wish to do so, now is certainly the time to book in & enjoy what has been for many, nearly a decade of CQB airsoft in the most diverse area the UK has to offer.

Zed Events our sister company has closed taking bookings as they sell tickets months in advance, so that has no bearing on the airsoft side. In fact, as a result we are going to be running extra events as frequently as we possibly can to ensure everybody gets a different & exceptional experience at our epic venue.

But let’s not get all sentimental yet, let’s just get some serious (& daft) CQB airsoft going & see us out with the bang it always has been!

To book, fire us an email: [email protected]

Thank you all very, very much for what has been a mind blowing nine & a half years so far!

(…& of course we’re already preparing for a transition to a new, unbelievable venue so watch this space!)

Love & respect,

Lee, Luke & the team

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh crap. I joked about this when we visited for the first time last month. 

Will have to see if we can pop down again soon. 

That is sad i have had some great games at the mall. To be honest I am surprised it lasted this long. 

• Moderators

now really gotta push wife to allow me to get there!..... @ImTriggerHappy did warn me a while back saying i need to move my ass!

With that going and Urban Assault to follow at some point.....keep hearing.....what decent sites like this are left?

would have been easier to get to as well with Crossrail next year (ish)

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

With that going and Urban Assault to follow at some point.....keep hearing.....what decent sites like this are left?

The gaol is still one of my favorites. I think I went to the Mall too much and ended up not enjoying it as much. The gaol iv'e been too twice and loved it both times

• Moderators

thats not to far from me, 

i like UA as it s a big site but im restricted as its Saturdays only and with family, im hardly free much :( 

I'll give it a go, soon i hope!

Would love to have experienced the mall for what it is, a shopping mall! :) 

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I think I went to the Mall too much and ended up not enjoying it as much.

Same for me, last couple of games I played there I came away disappointed, but to be fair I've not been back for more than 5 years so maybe I should hit it one more time, plus my son has never been to anything remotely cqb so he'd prob love it.

Shame, just been the once, as been trying outdoors in the Summer, but was planning to go again once the weather got wet and windy in the Autumn/Winter.

Any Sunday bar 19/08 and 16/09 and I can probably make it, though 12/08 might be a challenge as am at SkirmishWycomb on 11/08 for forum meet-up

And another meet afoot at Gunman on 16/09.

Cheers

G

AFUK Saturday sendoff? Yeah I am up for that date/availability pending. I have a +1 as well, whilst not an AFUK member he is my ride!

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Robert James said:

The gaol is still one of my favorites. I think I went to the Mall too much and ended up not enjoying it as much. The gaol iv'e been too twice and loved it both times

You do need variety or the game gets very stale very quickly if your not carful ! 

I can’t get over it’s been going 91/2 yrs , I went to the very first game there ! 😱

shit I am getting old ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You do need variety or the game gets very stale very quickly if your not carful ! 

I can’t get over it’s been going 91/2 yrs , I went to the very first game there ! 😱

shit I am old ! 🤦‍♂️

Fixed it for you! 😉

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Fixed it for you! 😉

Fluck off ! 😡

Don’t need reminding , or do I ? I forget ? 

😂😂😂😂

I can do most saturday's, but not Sept 15th.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

When I am there this Sunday I will go through the available dates and see what is free.  I will post up the dates and we can pick the one most suitable for people.

Will want at least 20 people to make it work and there can be no messing about as dates will disappear very quickly. Once you pick a date all money to be paid straightaway and there will be no refunds if you do not make it.

As one of the new guys here only played my first game last weekend and looking to play my next game in a couple of weeks. I would love to met you all and play in what is suppose to be a good site before it goes. 

44 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

When I am there this Sunday I will go through the available dates and see what is free.  I will post up the dates and we can pick the one most suitable for people.

Will want at least 20 people to make it work and there can be no messing about as dates will disappear very quickly. Once you pick a date all money to be paid straightaway and there will be no refunds if you do not make it.

Sounds good to me! 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
45 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Sounds good to me.

I'll tag @Jedi_Master too, he wouldn't want to miss this.

Archived