6mmAmmo.co.uk

6mmAmmoQuartermaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to plug my own company, 6mm Ammo, which exclusively sells high-quality BBs in the UK. I started the company in 2015 and launched in January 2016 with an aim to reduce the cost of BBs, which I felt was unnecessarily high.

Check us out and let me know what you think!

Kind regards,

Max

29 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

And not forgetting that Max has kindly made a 10% discount code for AFUK members:

airsoft-forums (case sensitive)

Is there a time limit on the code @6mmAmmoQuartermaster ?

You are most welcome! And no, the discount code has no expiry. :)

3 hours ago, 6mmAmmoQuartermaster said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to plug my own company, 6mm Ammo, which exclusively sells high-quality BBs in the UK. I started the company in 2015 and launched in January 2016 with an aim to reduce the cost of BBs, which I felt was unnecessarily high.

Check us out and let me know what you think!

Kind regards,

Max

I like the idea of cheaper BBs for all but can you tell me where they are manufactured you may contact me privatly if you do not wish to make your supplier public.

I bet I know which one the packaging gives it away.

Well, I like em so far ;)

Cheers Max for keeping the prices reasonable and with free 2nd class post.

Great work on the BB database Gasman 👍

Good to know. I'll let @gasman know who the manufacturer is so he doesn't duplicate testing what is essentially, the exact same product. 

Any idea what other companies use BB King and rebrand?

2 hours ago, Duff said:

Good to know. I'll let @gasman know who the manufacturer is so he doesn't duplicate testing what is essentially, the exact same product. 

Any idea what other companies use BB King and rebrand?

I'm pretty certain the Hobbyking site has these too. never had a complaint. they don't stock them in europe anymore so i will switch to 6mmammo soon :)

I ordered 15k BBs and a cheeky patch to support you a bit more! Keep up the great work, I'm sending everyone on my site your way 😁

Not had a chance to fire then yet, but very impressed with delivery time! I chose the free 2nd class post option, and it arrived next day by UKMail 24hr next day delivery!

9 minutes ago, 6mmAmmoQuartermaster said:

That's correct - all our BBs are white, except for our 0.36g BIO BBs, which are black.

great cheers

have you considered doing bulk order deals as well?

Me and the guys I play with tend to order all our ammo at the same time at get 6-10 4000 round bags, a deal on a bulk order would be great and im sure others would agree.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if we got a dodgy batch or the BBs just didn't like our guns, but we had some awful issues with the 0.28s we bought for the NAE weekend. Out of all of the AEGs we brought with us they only fed in one gun. Admittedly in the one gun they worked in, they worked really well. But every other gun they either jammed in the barrel or wouldn't feed in the mags. We ended up having to buy some of the Z1 Blitz BBs they had on site which fixed all the problems we were having. Heck.

They worked fine in:

ASG GBB MP9 (actually worked amazing in this. Got some ridiculous range out of it)

Multiple TM & WE GBB pistols (stock and tightbore barrels)

Cyma shotguns

G&G MP5 (6.03 barrel. Prometheus purple bucking, stock hop unit. Another one that performed amazingly with the BBs, like a laser gun)

They didn't work in:

Specna Arms HK416 (6.03 barrel & standard hop, guarder clear silcone bucking)

G&G CM16 (6.01 barrel & prowin hop, maple leaf 50° bucking)

Specna Arms M4 (6.03 Barrel & MAXX CNC hope with maple leaf 50° bucking)

ICS L85 (stock)

All using PTS syndicate genuine midcap mags and all working fine previously on ASG blaster devils and Z1 Blitz BBs. It seems that they just don't like AEGs that have finer tolerance than stock parts/barrels :(

i had similar problems with Rockets brand BBs and my old G&P M4 with prowin hop where the jam it caused was so bad it broke the piston, thankfully these weren't so bad. And judging by the countless good reviews no doubt we just had some bad luck and fussy guns. We saw your stand at the NAE but didn't have the chance to come chat about it in person I'm afraid! 

Hi Tiercel,

I'm really sorry to hear that. We've had no complaints about the .28g BBs. We've also had positive feedback from customers using AEGs with 6.01mm barrels. As you said, it must have been a bad batch or a dodgy bag. I hope it didn't cause any grief. If you want to try another bag (.28 or other) I'll happily send you a freebie as an apology.

On 27/08/2018 at 12:30, Tiercel said:

We saw your stand at the NAE but didn't have the chance to come chat about it in person I'm afraid!

We actually were not at the NAE (as I was on holiday) but I believe there was a team who had brought their own 6mm Ammo banners - they might have been the stand you mentioned. Is this them?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick appreciation post. Ordered some toy gun ammo from these guys. Still hadn’t  turned up 10 days later so gave a email, within 15 minutes had a reply and information that was requested. Looks as though a courier fuckity uppity, go figure. But the speed and professionalism from this company really impressed me. May have been a rocky start but a life long customer (As long as the bb’s feed ok when they turn up 😢). Keep doing what you doing guys! 

Ordered 2 bags of BBs late on Monday. Raised an issue with their payment process on their website via email. Communication was very fast and pleasant. Invoice sent, paid and they were delivered about 10 minutes ago. Will give the BBs a review once ive had chance to use them. Thanks for making things easy Max.

Dave

Archived