Dual pistols for CQB

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Did this the other week for a couple of games using my tm sig and kwc luger.  Not exactly a matching pair but so fun and god you feel so much more agile.

Reloading is a pain.  Especially as the luger only carries 15 bbs and the sig 22 or something.  

I use 2 double pistol loadouts:

G17 and G26 adv

Or 2 fn 5-7's 

Both glocks use the same mags, like the 5-7's so mag conpatability isn't an issue. Best thing to do is get 2 retention holsters, so you can drop one of them for reloading or precision firing with 1 pistol. 

Try not to aim with both unless it's putting cover fire down, although you tend to focus on 1 pistol anyway.

On the subject of VFC, unless they have improved in the last few years, their gas guns used to be awful!

11 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

So which makes of the Glock and FN do you use?

I'm guessing TM.

Yea both TM

I run a pair of m92's which work quite well with extended mags, reloading isn't fun so the more ammo in the mags the better for me, I'm also experimenting with two dump pouches so I can drop directly into them.

Hi- Cappa's are another good choice, larger mags as standard, and my upgraded TM Cappa is in all honestly a better gun than the M92f (but my pair of samurai edges are epic cool)

On 01/08/2018 at 21:22, Tackle said:

Tbh I've owned a ksc m92 & a tm 226, prob a personal thing but there was something about the triggers that didn't float my boat, dunno if the pull was longer ?.

I'd also recommend glocks for a dual wield (my 18yo ksc g19 still going strong), snag free bodies good hard holster availability will make them very useable.

Was the TM 226 a DASA or DAO?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

DASA or DAO?

Wtf is that mate :wacko:

31 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wtf is that mate :wacko:

Double action/single action (ie, shorter trigger pull when the hammer is cocked), or double action only (hammer/striker reset after cycle, always the full travel trigger pull)

• Supporters

It was DAO mate, hence the long trigger pull I disliked.

31 minutes ago, Tackle said:

should only be on the first pull on the sig?  if you dont want that you can always pull the hammer back with your thumb or rack the slide to cock it, shortening the trigger pull.

to be honest, i always forget other pistols have safety switches.  was embarrassing when chronoing the luger and it not firing because the safety was on

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, kasaran said:

should only be on the first pull on the sig?  if you dont want that you can always pull the hammer back with your thumb or rack the slide to cock it, shortening the trigger pull.

to be honest, i always forget other pistols have safety switches.  was embarrassing when chronoing the luger and it not firing because the safety was on

maybe it's an NBB he's referring to?

and the safety thing has caught me out too, a few times with the 1911 and the luger. yet to be caught out with the makarov yet but give it time, expecially as it's so easy to pull the slide back a little when trying to activate the safety which disconnects it.

I've just realised nobody has mention dual mp9's!! Not a bad idea if you don't mind it being small smg type weapons.

50+ round mags, awesome full auto for woodland, lovely loud noise...Just badass in general!

I let a teammate borrow mine so that he could dual wield mp9s once and he loved it.

On 04/08/2018 at 18:54, Tackle said:

Ah. My P226 is a DA/SA. I decock the hammer after chambering anyway, but follow up shots are on a really nice smooth light trigger pull. Like butter it is.

• Supporters

Yeah, when I got mine I was hyped about it, esp as it was tm, 1st time out with it I switched back to my hi-capa half way through the day, & sold it a week later.

Tbh, I've chopped & changed loads over the years, but I've come to accept that in the end they all just chuck bb's downrange, so having found kit that "fits" me, I dont get excited about getting any new stuff, especially gats (although I still have a hankering for an SLR & maybe a Sterling), thankfully other stuff is keeping me poor so they'll have to wait a while lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you got a USP AND HK45?
If so, what are your thoughts?Which do you prefer and why?
I like the Mk23, but it's too big for my left hand (which is a lot weaker than my right) - love the layout etc though.
I'm thinking of getting a matching pair, but can't seem to find anywhere near Leeds that has them in stock to go and get hands on with....
I ended up getting another cz - loads of fun, however, not ambidextrous - something which I was too excited to think about...Do either of them have an ambi slide release?

Also, any idea how they compare size-wise to the CZ SP01?
Any help much appreciated....  😄

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I like the Mk23, but it's too big for my left hand (which is a lot weaker than my right)

Did nobody ever tell you ?......when you get to 99 you change hands.

Bet you've got hairy knuckles too 😜

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Did nobody ever tell you ?......when you get to 99 you change hands.

Bet you've got hairy knuckles too 😜

You mean you don't use both hands???? 🤣
As I wrote that, I deleted it.  Then rewrote it differently. Then again.
Then I realised I was fighting a losing battle and that double entendre would win no matter what, so just wrote and posted... 😄 

Archived