Dual pistols for CQB

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I would like to run a double pistol load out for CQB.
I currently use a WE G18c, which apparently fires invisible BBs that have no mass and don't hit anything.
And a CZSP01 shadow that fires BBs which hit people.

I'm wondering what the best pistols are for a twin pistol load out, purely for CQB.
Only 20-30 minutes games max.
I don't fancy anything bigger than the CZ.
And I'd like to run a matching pair.
So, other than grab another CZ ( I don't fancy another Glock), what can you suggest that'd work well and be fun to use?

• Supporters

Not that i'm a paragon of pistol marksmanship but my experience with trying to dual weild goes something like this:

Draws both pistols

Arranges for cover fire

Runs in like a madman sliding into cover

Sees target, unloads wildly

Misses every shot

Suddenly finds out reloading with 2 pistols is not fast, simple or elegant no matter what lara croft says

Gets shot

I'd say you'll be more effective buying a bunch of spare mags for the cz and just going hog wild with that, or if you want to gamer it up then just put everything with the tag "ipsc" on a hi capa and go nuts.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

HK 45s - are they the same size as the mk23?

Little bit smaller I think but have never laid the two side by side to check. Not a fan of the MK23 as although they work they don't feel comfortable in my hand.

The HK45s work great and are really nice to hold.  No better gun out there.

Definately Beretta M9s, just about the prettiest handgun going and the TM M9 is, for me, just about at the pinnacle of GBB performance. 

Plus you can get extended mags for them too. 

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not that i'm a paragon of pistol marksmanship but my experience with trying to dual weild goes something like this:

Draws both pistols

Arranges for cover fire

Runs in like a madman sliding into cover

Sees target, unloads wildly

Misses every shot

Suddenly finds out reloading with 2 pistols is not fast, simple or elegant no matter what lara croft says

Gets shot

I'd say you'll be more effective buying a bunch of spare mags for the cz and just going hog wild with that, or if you want to gamer it up then just put everything with the tag "ipsc" on a hi capa and go nuts.

That's kind of two votes for a hi capa - what makes it a decent pistol?
I'm not bad with two pistols, and find it much fun when engaging multiple targets..
I used to play area 51 a lot (it was in the common room) as player one and player two - gave me a taste for double pistols 😄 

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 23.45.07.png

31 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It is what I use but would never recommend. Trigger is shite and the safety is a pain. Never got mine working quite as well as the hk45.

First thing I did was removed the safety pin on mine and tweak the trigger. Makes me sick how good it is now.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

First thing I did was removed the safety pin on mine and tweak the trigger. Makes me sick how good it is now.

Yeah I run the uac trigger and trigger bar makes a world of difference. 

The fact that the safety has to be removed and trigger replaced puts me off recommending it though. 

Hk45 is better out the box and the accuracy is probably the best out there M&P is just slightly off. Still my favourite to use though.

55 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah I run the uac trigger and trigger bar makes a world of difference. 

The fact that the safety has to be removed and trigger replaced puts me off recommending it though. 

Hk45 is better out the box and the accuracy is probably the best out there M&P is just slightly off. Still my favourite to use though.

If I hadn't bought the M&P the 45 would have easily been my purchase choice. lovely to fire compared to 99% of guns on the market albeit a little large on the grip side I don't struggle like some people have commented.

• Supporters

I love my HK45. Have I mentioned that?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

When peeps are talking about the HK45, is it the TM?

Totes.

Some folks rave about the Umarex one, but they're just jealous.

• Supporters

TM Sig226 , bloody love it ! 

• Supporters

Nothing with a double action trigger (accuracy will be screwed up without a second hand to brace with), which includes most m9's & sigs I believe ?......hi-capas get my vote every day of the week 😁

Only double action on m9's and sigs on the first shot, and that's only if you de-cock it after readying/cocking.

Glocks get my vote, tm or ksc. 34 in primary hand and 17/19 in the off hand. 

• Supporters

Even though I’m not a fan of them I do have one Glock a KSC 26c , full auto from that tiny little thing is so full of shits’n’giggles ! 🤣

• Supporters
7 hours ago, mcwimbo said:

Only double action on m9's and sigs on the first shot, and that's only if you de-cock it after readying/cocking.

Glocks get my vote, tm or ksc. 34 in primary hand and 17/19 in the off hand. 

Tbh I've owned a ksc m92 & a tm 226, prob a personal thing but there was something about the triggers that didn't float my boat, dunno if the pull was longer ?.

I'd also recommend glocks for a dual wield (my 18yo ksc g19 still going strong), snag free bodies good hard holster availability will make them very useable.

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Tackle said:

(my 18yo ksc g19 still going strong),

My M9 is KSC as is the 26c , the M9 has to be 16+yrs old and still running like a train , the 26 was third hand but action is still tight as a drum . So just from my personal experience (obviously can’t speak for anyone else) but I am sometimes surprised they don’t have a higher profile in the market as generally I only hear good things about them .

KWA/KSC make some of themost attractive pistols on the market, and they aren't cheap.

I would have bought one by now if I had not heard so much crticism of them in the UK. The Americans seem to love them.

Criticism seems to centre on their hop up system and availability of parts.

I have also been tempted in the past by VFC pistols because of their excellent externals. Same sort of problem.

Are these criticisms overstated?

Am I denying myself good guns on false grounds?

Everybody knows that WE is hit a d miss. But their pistols are relatively cheap and can be improved with aftermarket parts.

Archived