New hpa gun in the pipeline

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope banter is a humorous back and forth. Humour is when you put a funny spin on a situation but has to be based on reality. If all the elements of the joke are based on bullshit it is not really funny.

But it's ok I forgive you, read back through some of my posts and there are some excellent examples to help educate you 😜

Hpa is becoming more popular. Speedsofters are becoming more popular. You combine these things with the fact that large venues are slowly disappearing and eventually a lot of airsoft will end up being played on something more akin to speedball arenas. Lots of sites are looking at adding speedsoft to the roster, mall starts it this month.

Been playing this game for long enough to see the changes slowly creeping in.

I have generally found that it's the opposite. the smaller sites are closing most people don't have the momey to buy and run an hpa rigs and speed softers are not held in high regards. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
18 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I have generally found that it's the opposite. the smaller sites are closing most people don't have the momey to buy and run an hpa rigs and speed softers are not held in high regards. 

i hope thats true as i don't really wanna be running around with a tank strapped to my back in lycra!!!....havent found any in ATACS AU....:rolleyes:

* @L3wisD insert pictures here'!! :lol:*

i prefer the games i play now, fast here, slow and sneaky there, not scoot and shoot....may as well go back to laserquest

hopefully, sites will remain as they are but cater for different people at different times if they can....

we shall see... ;) 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Larger sites are slowly getting developed and there is a lack of new sites to use especially for indoor games. In the last few years lots of good places have gone but not many new decent sites have popped up.

Hpa is the biggest growing part of the sport that is why companys like Tippman and eclipse are investing in it.

Speedsofters have a bad rep but they are learning to calm the bad sides and becoming more responsible. Played alongside and against a few speedsoft teams at the weekend and their behaviour and ability was exemplary, was a brilliant day. People bitching about speedsofters are generally more of a problem than the speedsofters themselves.

40 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Larger sites are slowly getting developed and there is a lack of new sites to use especially for indoor games. In the last few years lots of good places have gone but not many new decent sites have popped up.

I know for me at the moment the nearest indoor (mixed with a small amount of outdoor) CQB is at least an hour and a half drive! there's plenty of places locally that could be used but alas the local council have quashed all attempts at getting any of the sites that would be preferable.

As with everything in airsoft speedsoft has its place and i personally don't have a problem if that's someones style of play, the only time I've had an issue is when people are overly aggressive and don't play within the ethos of the sport. Speaking as a marshal the only problem I have encountered with HPA users is that some take it upon themselves to cheat by way of changing their reg in game. We have as a site spoken of buying x amount of tournament locks to lock players regs for the day which also elevates other players trying to claim they are cheating in turn.

39 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Hpa is the biggest growing part of the sport that is why companys like Tippman and eclipse are investing in it.

Speedsofters have a bad rep but they are learning to calm the bad sides and becoming more responsible. Played alongside and against a few speedsoft teams at the weekend and their behaviour and ability was exemplary, was a brilliant day. People bitching about speedsofters are generally more of a problem than the speedsofters themselves.

I suppose it depends which region you are in as to the state of play. I can say up north the smaller sites are struggling. At our site if we  regular get a 100 player there will be 3 to 5 hpa rigs unless the price on rigs can come in at the same price as mid range AEG they will never be more than a niche. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I barely like using a sling let alone having a backpack for a tank and then a tine attaching it all plus sling... all seems way to much kit and for longer games light weight is king!

I saw one where the line was running with the sling and it worked really well.

Stock tanks are the way forward. Might try and make one that looks like a normal stock.

4 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The comparison of the attitude towards people complaining about speedsoft from even just the start of this year is unreal! Now there's more of a focus on education rather than having an argument. Anyways things are looking positive for speedsoft more and more sites are catering to it, there's shops wanting to stock more speedsoft related stock and there's even the beginnings of  a grassroots tournament. The real aim for now is to get a space away from normal gameplay for competition and to grow the sport. My main hope is we can escape the military look of the guns soon as. Fingers crossed planet eclipse are the people to do it.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Aengus said:

The comparison of the attitude towards people complaining about speedsoft from even just the start of this year is unreal! Now there's more of a focus on education rather than having an argument. Anyways things are looking positive for speedsoft more and more sites are catering to it, there's shops wanting to stock more speedsoft related stock and there's even the beginnings of  a grassroots tournament. The real aim for now is to get a space away from normal gameplay for competition and to grow the sport. My main hope is we can escape the military look of the guns soon as.

Speedsoft community is fine by me and always has been but I do try and educate those I know on how to improve their PR.  A small shift in behaviour and little less attitude works wonders. 

I explained what was expected Sunday and everybody did as asked as was a good day for all.  Both communities have to fit with each other when playing together instead of bitching. 

Met lots and got on with all, maybe it is because I treat everyone fair and don't judge. Also the fact that I am able to hold my own instead of crying about being out played. Mutual respect works wonders.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I saw one where the line was running with the sling and it worked really well.

Stock tanks are the way forward. Might try and make one that looks like a normal stock.

You mean like this?

9115A927-1C7F-4A0A-8C5A-2232B880ADFB.jpeg

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Prisce said:

You mean like this?

9115A927-1C7F-4A0A-8C5A-2232B880ADFB.jpeg

25dbee1f0248e8558af56f26a77f6182b65bc4ac69c85656b44aa86ab9a28c5a.jpg

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No that is fucking horrible.

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

25dbee1f0248e8558af56f26a77f6182b65bc4ac69c85656b44aa86ab9a28c5a.jpg

I’m so glad. Because anyone who thinks that looks right needs sectioning.

For the record, HPA lines and tanks aren’t as cumbersome or noticeable as you would imagine. I don’t own one, but I have used my colleagues and they are so much better than AEGs for reliability and precision.

First time I used the tippmann the tank felt a bit heavy, but soon got used to it.

Cheers

G

• Root Admin

Also those airstocks are useless for pneumatic blow-back or HPA GBBR taps as they hold about enough air for <400 shots and replacing them is a PITA when playing (nevermind carrying a spare 13ci bottle about).

I use a MASS on a DMR but would never dream of it on anything else where blow-back is involved (which - if you ask me - is some of the most fun with HPA).

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Also those airstocks are useless for pneumatic blow-back or HPA GBBR taps as they hold about enough air for <400 shots and replacing them is a PITA when playing (nevermind carrying a spare 13ci bottle about).

I use a MASS on a DMR but would never dream of it on anything else where blow-back is involved (which - if you ask me - is some of the most fun with HPA).

I was thinking more of a UBR style with small pressure vessels on a quick release fitting. Everything us built in and then it is just a case of pop the back.

Needs a lot of looking at but is entirely possible.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I was thinking more of a UBR style with small pressure vessels on a quick release fitting. Everything us built in and then it is just a case of pop the back.

Needs a lot of looking at but is entirely possible.

hasn't a smaller air tank already been done? i remember hearing about it but then the next sentence was "it has about 2 mid caps full of gas" at which point i immediately lost interest.

i dont think there's any practical way of storing enough gas in a gun without messing up it's looks/balance to make any meaningful volume.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hasn't a smaller air tank already been done? i remember hearing about it but then the next sentence was "it has about 2 mid caps full of gas" at which point i immediately lost interest.

i dont think there's any practical way of storing enough gas in a gun without messing up it's looks/balance to make any meaningful volume.

Different concept. 

When manufacturers look at it they work on the basis of can it be done cheap enough. This means that things like cylinders are just generic off the shelf ones. 

I was thinking more on the lines of none cylindrical pressure vessels that are part of the actual stock frame. Pull the back off then quick release for line then then lift three quarters of stock away from bottom half as that is your tank. 

Would only work with ubr or solid stock style as they are pretty chunky designs.

Would be expensive and not feasible for anything like mass production but as an engineering challenge would be fun. And sellable to those with deep pockets.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Different concept. 

When manufacturers look at it they work on the basis of can it be done cheap enough. This means that things like cylinders are just generic off the shelf ones. 

I was thinking more on the lines of none cylindrical pressure vessels that are part of the actual stock frame. Pull the back off then quick release for line then then lift three quarters of stock away from bottom half as that is your tank. 

Would only work with ubr or solid stock style as they are pretty chunky designs.

Would be expensive and not feasible for anything like mass production but as an engineering challenge would be fun. And sellable to those with deep pockets.

whilst i get what you're saying, i doubt it'd go anywhere, pressure vessels are cylindrical for good reasons, especially when we're talking the kind of pressures involved in hpa, there's a big difference between keeping 800psi of co2 stored and 3000+psi of air.

plus you'd still have the problem of a lack of capacity, and you'd be carrying a bunch of spare butt stock sections which tbh sounds less practical to me than an airline.

the only other sensible place to put gas is in the magazine, needless to say that's been done already and the benefits/drawbacks are well known.

• Root Admin

CO2 is fine but requires a decent expansion chamber. If this could somehow be done inside the receiver then having all that stock space for a CO2 bulb could make it viable again. I agree that HPA is out on anything smaller than a 13ci bottle.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, proffrink said:

CO2 is fine but requires a decent expansion chamber. If this could somehow be done inside the receiver then having all that stock space for a CO2 bulb could make it viable again. I agree that HPA is out on anything smaller than a 13ci bottle.

thing is if your using co2 then why not just stick it in the magazine? seems the most logical place for it given it'll get swapped out anyway.

perhaps maybe a market for a green gas/co2 line of guns that use a solenoid hpa style system rather than good ol' blowback to give greater gas effeciency. sure it won't go bang like a gbb would but you'd be free of a tether.

see using gas is a tricky proposition, thats why i hedged my bets into looking at purely electro mechanical systems for my project.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

whilst i get what you're saying, i doubt it'd go anywhere, pressure vessels are cylindrical for good reasons, especially when we're talking the kind of pressures involved in hpa, there's a big difference between keeping 800psi of co2 stored and 3000+psi of air.

No shit, being an engineer with lots of experience of pressure vessel manufacture and air systems think I have it covered though 😉. As I stated it is not a feasible thing for manufacture but an a personal project so not expecting it to go anywhere other than personal use as costs would be very high.

Made vessels in all sort of shapes because sometimes cylindrical is not feasible. It would not have the capacity of a average tank and last all day but enough to play a game or two and swap between.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No shit, being an engineer with lots of experience of pressure vessel manufacture and air systems think I have it covered though 😉 

Made vessels in all sort of shapes because sometimes cylindrical is not feasible. It would not have the capacity of a average tank and last all day but enough to play a game or two and swap between.

Maybe if it was something like a full m16 stock's worth of volume but if your doing it enough to last a game it'd be better to have it refillable than quick change.

Its not impossible but as you pointed out at the start it'll be expensive and i dont see how it offers much over an air line, most folks run slings anyway and if you're that dead set against being tethered then youre either after realism (which puts non gbb's off the table) or youre probably going to settle for an aeg like the rest of us.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Maybe if it was something like a full m16 stock's worth of volume but if your doing it enough to last a game it'd be better to have it refillable than quick change.

Its not impossible but as you pointed out at the start it'll be expensive and i dont see how it offers much over an air line, most folks run slings anyway and if you're that dead set against being tethered then youre either after realism (which puts non gbb's off the table) or youre probably going to settle for an aeg like the rest of us.

Because air lines snag and break and tanks have to be carried on belt or back. Started out as an idea with a speedsofter because they are always looking at removing anything that encumbers them. 

Realism is never my concern and I have already pushed an aeg as far as possible so always looking for something new.

Archived