Jump to content
joshcowin

New hpa gun in the pipeline

Recommended Posts

So as I play paintball as well as airsoft I’ve heard the one of the manufacturers has applied for a patent to make a hpa airsoft gun. Now if you haven’t heard of planet Eclipse they make the most reliable paintball guns as well as probably the most efficient.

what does this mean for airsoft? Well if they can make a airsoft gun like they do with paintball guns then they will be onto a winner. I will keep people updated as I find out more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be surprised if they can make a more competitive or significantly more air efficient than the electric solenoid stuff out there, but let's see :)

 

Is this a full gun or a drop-in replacement kit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so we're talking a tippmann competitor?

 

competition is always good for prices, so i'll take those odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, proffrink said:

I'd be surprised if they can make a more competitive or significantly more air efficient than the electric solenoid stuff out there, but let's see :)

 

Is this a full gun or a drop-in replacement kit?

Well they have been making solenoid markers for a long time now and they keep getting more efficient each time so it will be good to se what they can do. As for full gun or drop in im not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2018 at 10:34, Lozart said:

 

The Tippmann M4 looks like an actual RIF 

 

Cos it’ll be designed be people make paintball guns, and paintball guns don’t look like real guns. So there’s potential for them to not feel the need to stick with a realistic looking gun? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

Cos it’ll be designed be people make paintball guns, and paintball guns don’t look like real guns. So there’s potential for them to not feel the need to stick with a realistic looking gun? 

It'd surprise me, basic market research would tell them not to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

 

The Tippmann M4 looks like an actual RIF so why wouldn't it?

 

9 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

Cos it’ll be designed be people make paintball guns, and paintball guns don’t look like real guns. So there’s potential for them to not feel the need to stick with a realistic looking gun? 

 

Tippman make paintball guns but they still made.a realistic looking gun.

 

Personally I couldn't care less because if ever I decide to go hpa I will buy the best performing one even if it looks like a nerf gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not all Paintball guns look like Paintball guns.

 

Tippman is an obvious one, as they have made guns styled on real guns from the outset.  They recognise that the rental and casual player probably want a gun that looks like a gun.  There are many Tippmanns out on rental sites that are hired out as an ‘upgrade’ to a ‘machine gun’ or ‘sniper’

 

Paintball guns have evolved to look like Paintball guns because they are not limited by the physics of real ammunition but are free to be ergonomically fine tuned in their size, shape and weight.

 

There are not only people in airsoft who want realistic guns but they exist in Paintball too. Either because they think that’s what a gun should look like or they are of the magfed/milsim persuasion like airsofters.  There has been a core milsim Paintball community since i began and this has grown with the availability of realistic magfed guns

 

The classic tippman range is mostly mechanical/pneumatic, and are highly reliable, but are not as efficient as optimised low pressure “speedball” guns

 

I was on one of the live streams this weekend at Paintfest/airfest when Soho52 interviewed Paul of GI Sports on Tippmann tech support.  He was working on one of our pistols which blew a valve seal while we ran the killhouse which was an easy fix, but having dismantled to do the fix he found the condition inside.  This was an original 2009 TPX pistol which hadn’t had the insides touched in nearly a decade.

This reliability turned a one minute fix into a complete free full service, clean and rebuild 

 

 

Planet Eclipse are one of the market leaders and have very reliable electro/pneumatic solenoid guns.  They look like paintball guns but are also the only “speedball” manufacturer to sell a “tactical” body kit for their guns

They are also a British company who have been innovating in Paintball since 1991.  This should be a good thing for airsoft HPA.

 

There is relatively little to the functioning parts of an electro pneumatic Paintball gun and they can be dropped into virtually any body you can think of.  Make it launch a 6mm ball rather than a 0.68” ball and then it becomes easier.

I’ve even seen a glove/gauntlet paintball gun in use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

Cos it’ll be designed be people make paintball guns, and paintball guns don’t look like real guns. So there’s potential for them to not feel the need to stick with a realistic looking gun? 

 

468_tactical_ris_remoteline_94f918da-53b

That there is a paintball gun. Magfed paintball markers have been going the more "replica" looking route for a while now https://mcsus.com/products/468-ris-m4-carbine-paintball-gun-2017-model

 

Tippmann (of the aforementioned M4) primarily make paintball guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a replica it's just 'inspired' by an AR-15 but it's close enough for most to not realise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i highly doubt this won't be a proper looking airsoft gun unless they decide to just do a drop-in kit for whatever body you choose.

 

why would they try and enter a new market with a product that anyone would tell them the market won't want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

 

468_tactical_ris_remoteline_94f918da-53b

That there is a paintball gun. Magfed paintball markers have been going the more "replica" looking route for a while now https://mcsus.com/products/468-ris-m4-carbine-paintball-gun-2017-model

 

Tippmann (of the aforementioned M4) primarily make paintball guns.

 

Holy mother of magazine! 

 

maybe they should just just grow a pair and come over to Airsoft if they want a bit more realism! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

Holy mother of magazine! 

 

maybe they should just just grow a pair and come over to Airsoft if they want a bit more realism! 😂

Airsoft and realism are two very different things.

 

Airsoft is just hide and seek for manchilds with a bb gun.

 

As for grow a pair, paintball hurts way more. Airsofters who think airsoft is even close are living in a bubble. 

Much better game but also much gentler on the body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Airsoft and realism are two very different things.

 

Airsoft is just hide and seek for manchilds with a bb gun.

 

As for grow a pair, paintball hurts way more. Airsofters who think airsoft is even close are living in a bubble. 

Much better game but also much gentler on the body.

 

Its called banter, maybe give it a try sometime? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tippmann & Valken and perfect examples of companies who are already well down this route.

I thought it was interesting that Tippmann went with AEG's this year, well - slapping their logo on some lonex kit 🤣 But it's been good to me so far (I'm a fan of lonex)

So, I'm not surprised seeing more paintball marker creators dabble in airsoft since apart from the caliber size, we're doing the same thing.

Not sure if any of you went to/saw paintfest/airfest this weekend, but most the stalls I saw were all promoting RIF-like magfed paintball markers. It's definitely closing the differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I do constantly.

 

Well keep plugging away, you’ll get the hang of it eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E21A said:

 

Well keep plugging away, you’ll get the hang of it eventually 

I think I already have which is why I can spot the difference between banter and an uninformed comment that someone just thinks is funny.

 

If people want to take the piss out of paintball then there is lots of things to pick on but growing a pair is not one. Ever been shot with a paintball? Hurts far worse than a bb. 

 

Lots of experience in both and find it really dumb when people from either side try to one up each other, especially when they have no real experience of either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Duff said:

Let's hope it looks like an actual RIF and not a heroin fuelled water pistol!?!?

I'm guessing I'm the only one who hopes its a paintball gun that fires bbs 😂

 

Function > form

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I'm guessing I'm the only one who hopes its a paintball gun that fires bbs 😂

 

Function > form

That is what matters most to me but still got to respect those that want the aesthetics to be be right. 

 

Airsoft for better or worse does have a basis on the pretend soldier idea so gear will really only sell if it fits that.  Just a shame so many airsofters lately can't except differences. Speedsofters vs milsimers, airsoft vs paintball is all the same thing. Every style of both hobbies is as important as each other and both are getting closer. Airsoft is becoming more paintball.and paintball is becoming more airsoft.

 

Biggest difference is the twatty attitude is disappearing from paintball but growing in airsoft. I will keep my own path and just continue to play the game and fuck all the bullshit stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I think I already have which is why I can spot the difference between banter and an uninformed comment that someone just thinks is funny.

 

If people want to take the piss out of paintball then there is lots of things to pick on but growing a pair is not one. Ever been shot with a paintball? Hurts far worse than a bb. 

 

Lots of experience in both and find it really dumb when people from either side try to one up each other, especially when they have no real experience of either.

 

 

Alright Captain Senseofhumorfailure, keeps ya pants on. 

 

I have been shot with a paintball yes, and things a lot bloody worse as well. 

 

Again, clearly missing the point of banter, but nice try. Have enough experience of both and more thanks 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faster games, more refined (branded) product choices that don't require a lot of technical knowledge to use), emphasis on guns that're more competitive than 'look nice' (or unique), more approachable for first time walk-ons and parties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2018 at 01:52, E21A said:

 

Alright Captain Senseofhumorfailure, keeps ya pants on. 

 

I have been shot with a paintball yes, and things a lot bloody worse as well. 

 

Again, clearly missing the point of banter, but nice try. Have enough experience of both and more thanks 😉

 

Nope banter is a humorous back and forth. Humour is when you put a funny spin on a situation but has to be based on reality. If all the elements of the joke are based on bullshit it is not really funny.

But it's ok I forgive you, read back through some of my posts and there are some excellent examples to help educate you 😜

 

Hpa is becoming more popular. Speedsofters are becoming more popular. You combine these things with the fact that large venues are slowly disappearing and eventually a lot of airsoft will end up being played on something more akin to speedball arenas. Lots of sites are looking at adding speedsoft to the roster, mall starts it this month.

 

Been playing this game for long enough to see the changes slowly creeping in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

 

Nope banter is a humorous back and forth. Humour is when put a funny spin on a situation but has to be based on reality. If all the elements of the joke are based on bullshit it is not really funny.

But it's ok I forgive you, read back through some of my posts and there are some excellent examples to help educate you 😜

 

 

oh bless your little cottons babes, that’s banter for beginners. Real banter has no bearing on reality what so ever. 

 

Anyway, back on topic, more quality Airsoft RIFs is good for the sport. Let’s see what they come up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×