ICS Pistols (Split from The "Share A Bargain" Thread)

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 26/07/2018 at 16:58, L3wisD said:

Fire-Support have the ICS BLE Alpha pistol with two extra mags for £89.00

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-alpha-ble-gbb-pistol-tan-slide-with-2-extra-magazines--special-offer--

For a decent pistol and extra mags, that's a steal.

It's not a looker. But if you want your first pistol, for the money, you'll do ok with that.

Excellent deal and I am tempted.

However these guns are obviously not selling well.

There must be a good reason.

I could live with the looks but there may be reliability or parts availability problems.

I wonder if they will be discontinued.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

There must be a good reason.

Two reasons I can think of:

ICS aren't very well known for making pistols

It's not a Glock

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Two reasons I can think of:

ICS aren't very well known for making pistols

It's not a Glock

yep good reasons, seen a few ICS pistols retail at the usual +£100 then drop down as not a big seller

for a 1st pistol, thats ideal as mentioned as it has extra mags :)

Also split and moved the topic as Jedi will kill us for going OTT in there if it continues! :lol::lol::rolleyes:

I honestly think it’s down to the design. I really like ICS stuff, but because it isn’t modelled off a real gun, that puts me off. One because of the looks, but also because of holster options etc. If that was a glock or USP or whatever, I’d have bought one the day it came out. 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I honestly think it’s down to the design. I really like ICS stuff, but because it isn’t modelled off a real gun, that puts me off. One because of the looks, but also because of holster options etc. If that was a glock or USP or whatever, I’d have bought one the day it came out. 

Which nicely proves my second point.

It's not based on a well known gun. If it was in Call of Doody they'd be selling by the metric fuckton.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

So a poor commercial decision to produce a non replica then.

It's not a poor commercial decision when you take into account the cost of licencing an actual replica. If ICS don't want to get embroiled in a trademark infringement suit then that's the way they have to go, but as @CKinnerley mentioned before it's so close to being an FNS 9 that it makes no odds.

But it isn't a glock so nobody wants it. Because sheep.

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

It's not a poor commercial decision when you take into account the cost of licencing an actual replica. If ICS don't want to get embroiled in a trademark infringement suit then that's the way they have to go, but as @CKinnerley mentioned before it's so close to being an FNS 9 that it makes no odds.

But it isn't a glock so nobody wants it. Because sheep.

I can see bits of FN in it, and I do love FN. my FNX45 is my favourite pistol. What holster would you buy for it? That’s my issue. If I can’t carry it, what’s the point. 

Everyone else makes replicas without much issue, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this thread has me thinking maybe i'm weird because i don't own, nor plan to own a glock.....

Youre weird, everybody loves big black glocks 😉

it does seem a good performer but it doesn't look like any one model and that's the start and end of it. if airsoft players were purely practical  we would carry stubby m4 like things with drum mags and a MK23 NBB as a back up. i have avoided ics the last few year because they keep releasing non guns.

50 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this thread has me thinking maybe i'm weird because i don't own, nor plan to own a glock.....

They never appealed much to me either Adolf until I shot a real steel one alongside several others: berettas, walthers, 1911s etc.

Fell in love and bought my own - obviously I lived abroad at the time.

They are easy to strip down completely, the slides never rust and they never jam, evenif you keep them dirty.

They feel good in the hand and get you on sight quickly.

I wanted to cry when I sold that gun. My little Makarov too. But not so much the others.

Of course the airsoft ones are a far cry, but my WE does look and feel good. It is some sort of consolation.

The finish on the slide doesn't look like it will last though.

Can pot metal be cerakoted or duracoated, do you know?

Or would anodising be better?

8 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

The finish on the slide doesn't look like it will last though.

It doesnt, mines already wearing off

• Supporters

see that's why i'm not a fan, don't get me wrong if i lived in america and felt compelled to have a self defence pistol it'd unquestionably be a glock because it does that most boring of things where it just goes bang when you really need it to.

however it's airsoft, and you don't get a penalty for carrying something that's a bit different, and given how they're internally much of a muchness i much preferr the less trodden path.

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Me too, I love the simplicity

Simple, realiable, easily upgradeable and cool as fuck 😎

The Sig P226 is a nicer looking gun.

But hold a Sig for a moment and  then hold a Glock. The difference in feel and balance is very noticeable.

And the sight line of the Sig is too high IMO.

The all metal guns look good but are unnecessarily heavy. They are old designs.I always fancied the original CZ 75, but found it a bit disappointing to shoot.

I much prefer polymer lowers like the one on thee P09 Duty.

I do agree with those who love the Makarov though. It feels great inthe hand, unlike the overrated aWalther PPK, and it never jams.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Me too, I love the simplicity

If your talking simplicity then it has to be a Webley revolver with the Pritchard bayonet fitted !

Yes it’s only 6 shots but if your still under threat after the 6 rounds ? Stab em ! 😂😂

C6F2D2F2-91FB-4809-B77D-CA76BC120E7A.jpeg

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I do agree with those who love the Makarov though. It feels great inthe hand, unlike the overrated aWalther PPK, and it never jams.

it's just the we makarov has stupid stupid range for such a tiny gun with its tiny barrel, kicks like a mule and has one of the best hop designs i've seen in an airsoft pistol.

plus if you want simplicity the makarov is a hard one to beat, didn't the original have something like 27 parts without the magazine?

Yes.

I was fortunate enough to own one  - they are cheap and so very popular in Latin America - and it was apleasure to shoot. Like all Russian

stuff it just worked. Istripped mine down to every little part easily, and I am not particularly technical.

The only downside to it was the calibre restriction. Being a simple blowback design with fixed barrel it could only takr short 9mm ammo: 9mm Makarov or the less powerful 380 ACP.

I am very tempted by the WE but dont like the idea of an extended barrel disguised by a mock silencer.

How well does it shoot withot the extended barrel? If its agood gun Iwould not hesitate to buy one. Velocity isn't everything. Accuracy is more important.

Archived