Free Fire Zone - 29th July

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This was mine and @Markuz first visit to FFZ, being big fans of UA and wanting to try some additional woodland games. Being about an hour away, it's very easy to get to from the A1 and set out of the way in rolling countryside.

Parking is ample, although I can see on busy days it could get tricky - there's a burger van for all your meaty needs, and a portaloo. They could also possibly do with a bigger sign on the gate :)

After an initial safety briefing, we load up and in a change to the normal process we are chrono'ed  going into the site, rather than beforehand. So while this can be a bit time consuming it does mean everyone is checked. Form a queue!

The site itself is fantastic, it's mainly natural woodland with gullies, rises and the odd stream. There are some fortifications included such as raised platforms, sandbag bunkers, huts and so on. I think the best way to think of it would jungle warfare, ala Vietnam. Although one of the best platforms had to be excluded due to an angry wasps nest!

Unfortunately the player count was lower than normal, at I think around 50-60. With a bad weather forecast that probably put a lot of people off - we had a few spots of rain, nothing more. But this meant that the marshal's reacted to this and the games were shorter, maximum of 40 minutes, and kept in smaller areas so the action was flowing quickly. I thought the organisation of the games was excellent, and all of them were challenging in some form, either attacking a gun emplacement, or transporting rockets to a central point. There was a good placement of marshals, and I noted some marshals were playing within the teams, which is always a good way to monitor situations.

The day passed, as far as I could see, without incident and the playing was generally well done and I didn't see any cheating. I would note that I think the blue team should've been more aggressive, we think they had a few too many snipers and it's difficult to take a position when your main weapon can only be used 25 metres out. I'm sure that will all change in the winter when the foliage starts to die down.

All in, great site and we'll definitely be heading back.

• Moderators

cool, thanks for that, glad you liked it, John keeps telling me to visit and as the games are on sundays its better for me, just not done it yet. :lol: 

Sounds like the type of marshalling we need at Urban a bit more as well and the Chrono point as still not conviced UA stops hot guns sneaking in

How was the black camo  in the woods?

next up, come try Tuddenham :)

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

I've switched to a coyote brown chest rig and tan checked shirt - worked well! 

@Markuz was in his usual multicam and that was working really well, especially in the areas where the light was breaking through the trees.

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

cool, thanks for that, glad you liked it, John keeps telling me to visit and as the games are on sundays its better for me, just not done it yet. :lol: 

Sounds like the type of marshalling we need at Urban a bit more as well and the Chrono point as still not conviced UA stops hot guns sneaking in

I know for a fact that they do - that day we all went a GHK went through that was doing 350 on .25s, as I was right behind him in the queue.  The answer was 'Put a bit of hop on it'...

• Moderators

lets hope he listened!.....

i do like the fact they spot chrono more as one of the guys i was with that day before lunch called called over ;) 

would be nice if they had one at the car park entrance as well ;) 

Doesnt matter if he put hop on it or not - he was still over and not by a little.  290 is the limit for .28s.....

Hey Evil Monkey and Ben when are you going to UA next? My mate Abaid is coming down 18th August from Manchester and fancies a game.

Andy, that Free fire zone was a thoroughly enjoyable day!

My next loadout is coming along nicely......I think Evilmonkey will be impressed with my attention to historical detail....

Archived