Possible to get a proper trigger break?

koppel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, i've got back into the game after over a decade off & i see there are lots of new shit regarding mosfets & the like, but is there anything that gives an AEG a proper trigger break like something with a hammer & a sear (ie a real fire arm or a gbb)?

I kept all my GBB's from back in the day and sold off all my AEG's. Just bought a new AEG & i'd forgotten how shit the trigger pull on an aeg is!

• Supporters

Not that i know of, theyre mostly terrible. The best i've seen is still more like a mouse click than a proper trigger. The newer mosfets certainly improve responsiveness but not the pull itself.

You're better off sticking to gbb's if that's what you're after, or until something new comes on the market.

I saw that BattleLakes insist you have a mosfet with a 1 sec delay for converted DMRs. Is tbis the same thing and is there any way of doing that without spending more than that I spent on the RIF?

• Root Admin

If you're asking me: Varies from FCU to FCU. I don't know of ones that specifically allow trigger delay, but I don't have a huge amount of personal experience with solenoid HPA anyway. HPA is wasted on a DMR that needs a 1 second delay though, no matter how cheap or expensive it was.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Duff said:

I saw that BattleLakes insist you have a mosfet with a 1 sec delay for converted DMRs. Is tbis the same thing and is there any way of doing that without spending more than that I spent on the RIF?

I think he means more the solid "click" you get in a trigger on a real gun, or on a gbb as opposed to the squishy nothingness that you get on most aeg triggers.

59 minutes ago, proffrink said:

If you're asking me: Varies from FCU to FCU. I don't know of ones that specifically allow trigger delay, but I don't have a huge amount of personal experience with solenoid HPA anyway. HPA is wasted on a DMR that needs a 1 second delay though, no matter how cheap or expensive it was.

Yeah I wasn't talking about an HPA DMR but an AEG

52 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think he means more the solid "click" you get in a trigger on a real gun, or on a gbb as opposed to the squishy nothingness that you get on most aeg triggers.

Ah right. Yes they are squishey but I was referring to a mosfet that can be programmed to allow only one full trigger pull and release once separated by a second. 

If I have to have a mosfet for a DMR at Battlelakes I'll leave it at home cos as I understand it theyrr expensive as fuck and so far my Sig cost me £66. Am I right in that it isn't worth doing on such a low end gun?

Where did you see you need a MOSFET?  I can't find it on the website.  Need somewhere to play next weekend where I can test the Tippmann, and can't fit a MOSFET 😉

54 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Where did you see you need a MOSFET?  I can't find it on the website.  Need somewhere to play next weekend where I can test the Tippmann, and can't fit a MOSFET 😉

It states it in the booking confirmation email but nowhere on their site. Have e-mailed requesting clarification on the rule.

image.png.75cd8056704b91c9203b0f768a7e06d8.png

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Duff said:

If I have to have a mosfet for a DMR at Battlelakes I'll leave it at home cos as I understand it theyrr expensive as fuck and so far my Sig cost me £66. Am I right in that it isn't worth doing on such a low end gun?

Probably not worth putting in a fancy enough mosfet that would have programmable trigger delay.

Unless they just mean you arent allowed to just spam the trigger.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Probably not worth putting in a fancy enough mosfet that would have programmable trigger delay.

Unless they just mean you arent allowed to just spam the trigger.

Nah mate, it clearly says "450 (MAX) semi locked DMR (Mosfet - 1 sec delay between shots)"

I am hoping this might be an old rule that was never removed from the email copy pasta....

• Supporters
On 28/07/2018 at 12:22, koppel said:

Hi all, i've got back into the game after over a decade off & i see there are lots of new shit regarding mosfets & the like, but is there anything that gives an AEG a proper trigger break like something with a hammer & a sear (ie a real fire arm or a gbb)?

I kept all my GBB's from back in the day and sold off all my AEG's. Just bought a new AEG & i'd forgotten how shit the trigger pull on an aeg is!

On a standard AEG there’s no way to replicate it, the trigger just doesn’t work that way.  

GBLS have released their DAS system though which features a fully mechanical trigger in an electric gun, the trigger pull isn’t super crisp, there’s a little bit of mush in there, it’s representative of a real trigger.  Just not a really good one. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Duff said:

Nah mate, it clearly says "450 (MAX) semi locked DMR (Mosfet - 1 sec delay between shots)"

I am hoping this might be an old rule that was never removed from the email copy pasta....

Seems strange, i mean apart from the gate titans i cant think of an etu that would have a timed trigger delay, although plenty lock to semi only.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Seems strange, i mean apart from the gate titans i cant think of an etu that would have a timed trigger delay, although plenty lock to semi only.

BTC ones do, Burst Wizard ones do.

• Supporters

BTCs are expensive and rarer than hens teeth (cue the hundreds of people that have "just got one for peanuts") but the Burst wizard ones are fairly cheap. https://www.airsoftworld.net/new-burst-wizard-3-mosfet-with-milsim.html

It's the Rate of Fire control that you want to look at.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

BTC ones do, Burst Wizard ones do.

fair play, still seems like strange site requirement, fair enough limit the player to firing 1 round per second but insisting the gun is set up specifically to do that is a bit far.

I think you're best off with a GBBR for that. Can't think of a good AEG trigger off the top of my head.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fair play, still seems like strange site requirement, fair enough limit the player to firing 1 round per second but insisting the gun is set up specifically to do that is a bit far.

I've seen one site that does it in Worthing but they have 2 rules for DMR. Either below 450 with a 20m MED or below 500 with 20m MED and 1 second delay. 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I've seen one site that does it in Worthing but they have 2 rules for DMR. Either below 450 with a 20m MED or below 500 with 20m MED and 1 second delay. 

guess that makes a bit more sense, give the bolt action guys a bit of motivation.

Cheers for the advice guys, i guess since there is nothing on the market, i'll either dick around with a diy microswitch mosfet or failing that, a GBBR.

It's really the 'mush' & lack of a defined break point i don't like, so i guess a microswitch that actuates within the 1st 1mm or so of trigger pull might be Okay-ish.

I was planning on playing around with the trigger on the gate titan adding a second spring so I have a proper break. It's not going to be as good as a proper trigger but it'll be something 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, koppel said:

Cheers for the advice guys, i guess since there is nothing on the market, i'll either dick around with a diy microswitch mosfet or failing that, a GBBR.

It's really the 'mush' & lack of a defined break point i don't like, so i guess a microswitch that actuates within the 1st 1mm or so of trigger pull might be Okay-ish.

let me know what you come up with because this annoys me too.

at least until i get around to seeing if i can get this solenoid idea to work.

Majority of sites state either mechanically locked or electronically locked, as for rate of fire most places I know of say at least 1-2 seconds between shots rather than relying on electronics to do that for you but I do see that as being preferable as most people cant measure 20m for a med I dread to think what a players idea of seconds is.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.