TM ebb body compatabilaty

the guru
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so as I'm looking to do a black hawk down delta load out I need a ar-15 and I want the bolt lock and that means GBB or EBB and as its hard to find WE m4s at the moment im looking at the EBB but as all the TM ones are m4a1 style I'm looking to see if any knows if the TM m4 will take a G&P or outer company a2 upper receiver.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, the guru said:

so as I'm looking to do a black hawk down delta load out I need a ar-15 and I want the bolt lock and that means GBB or EBB and as its hard to find WE m4s at the moment im looking at the EBB but as all the TM ones are m4a1 style I'm looking to see if any knows if the TM m4 will take a G&P or outer company a2 upper receiver.

Which rifle are you looking to replicate? The m4s in bhd are mostly rubber stunt props, the "hero" guns are 727s or m733s.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Which rifle are you looking to replicate? The m4s in bhd are mostly rubber stunt props, the "hero" guns are 727s or m733s.

As Lozart said the delta boys had these and the rangers had full stock M16A2 and Colt M4 carbines .

Looking at a 727 as it had the 14.5 barrel on it iv seen pics of them having a1 uppers so the WE is an option but was looking to be more correct with an a2 upper

• Supporters

There’s been a few guys who’ve made there own quite successfully with TM EBB’s , I’m sure if you look you’ll find some of them .👍

17 hours ago, the guru said:

Or look beyond the TM and get a KWA Recoil - also has bolt lock, is better built, is cheaper, has better recoil and will take normal add ons without modification.  Check out JTAC Custom for them or Land Warrior

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Or look beyond the TM and get a KWA Recoil - also has bolt lock, is better built, is cheaper, has better recoil and will take normal add ons without modification.  Check out JTAC Custom for them or Land Warrior

Are the new versions that much better than the last ?  Haven't tried the newest ones but the previous ones I tried a couple of yrs ago were VERY underwhelming to say the least .

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, the guru said:

didn't know KWA did EBB I'll have a look

Look for the "ERG" models.

14 hours ago, the guru said:

Looking at a 727 as it had the 14.5 barrel on it iv seen pics of them having a1 uppers so the WE is an option but was looking to be more correct with an a2 upper

The 727 is based on the M16A2 so you may be better off using that as a starting point rather than an M4.

http://www.imfdb.org/Black_Hawk_Down#Colt_Model_727

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, the guru said:

true but as far as I know there is no GBB or EBB m16a2

Fair point. There are receivers available if you want to go down the custom build route https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-new-generation-m16a2-metal-receiver-military-version

Depends how accurate you want to be in your impression I guess. If you want to look like a Delta operator from Gothic Serpent the 727 is wrong anyway...Hollywood, eh?

• Supporters

The viper teck is over priced when you can get a we a1 upper.

I did know about the WE xm177 trouble is thay are hard to find in stock in the UK at the moment

On 27/07/2018 at 13:03, Druid799 said:

Are the new versions that much better than the last ?  Haven't tried the newest ones but the previous ones I tried a couple of yrs ago were VERY underwhelming to say the least .

In what regard?

On 27/07/2018 at 15:07, the guru said:

didn't know KWA did EBB I'll have a look

Its not a blowback. Its a recoil. Subtle difference

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

In what regard?

Its not a blowback. Its a recoil. Subtle difference

Only way I can describe it was It felt ‘sloppy’ , now I know not even gas comes close to real recoil (not even as little as a .22 rim fire) but it didn’t feel as snappy as the TM next gen do .

Nay have been down graded by someone who didnt know how to do it. The recoil spring is tricky to get right. I fired a TM recoil last week then my ERG. ERG deffo recoiled harder. TM had slightly more range

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Nay have been down graded by someone who didnt know how to do it. The recoil spring is tricky to get right. I fired a TM recoil last week then my ERG. ERG deffo recoiled harder. TM had slightly more range

No it was brand new , the owner was showing it off to us , but like I said it was a few yrs ago not long after they’d come out so who knows ? 

Archived