PTS EPM Mags not feeding Prowin

apexpredator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Everyone,

I've been pulling my hair out over this for weeks now so hoping someone on here might have experienced something similar or can suggest something that I haven't considered yet.

The main issue is that the PTS EPM mags won't feed the installed Prowin hop up. If I put vertical force up on the magazine, they feed just fine but without doing that, I may get 1 shot in every 6-8 pulls of the trigger. Here is what I have explored/tried already:

• Hop up shimming - There are 3 o-rings over the barrel to help push the hop up chamber back against the GB and there is virtually no play either horizontally or vertically
  • Velcro/Gaffe tape - I've applied velcro to the inside of the magwell to push the mag forward to help it engage with the hop up, this worked for a while but doesn't seem to provide enough "lift" to get the mags in the right position
  • Hop up disassemble/reassemble -  No visible damage to the bucking, no blockages, airseal seems fine

There are a couple more things that I am looking to try to do in the near future:

• Swap out mag release - The gun has an APS Ambi mag release fitted at the moment, I will fit the original G&P piece to see if that hold the mags high enough to engage the hop up unit
  • Shim the magazines - I've seen online that some people get round this issue by gluing a small piece of material to the mag catch window on their magazines
  • Swap out hop up unit - I had heard stories about how these were hit and miss. I hadn't intended on going with the Prowin but whilst it was being worked on by the tech, the previous unit (prommy) wasn't performing well so I was offered the Prowin out of one of the techs other guns. The gun has an R Hop fitted so I'd like to try and avoid swapping out the hop up as much as possible, otherwise I need to cut a new nub and risk fu*king the R Hop up

There is a second issue, but unsure whether they are related at this point. When the mags are feeding and I put a fresh mag in, the first 8-10 shots are really low (180-200fps) and then suddenly climbs to the usual of 350-355. I've tried leaving the PTS EPM filled over night to take some bite out of the spring and tried filling half way but the problems still there.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to go next, it would save me a lot of hassle and time!

Cheers,

AP

Archived