One-hand/compact shotgun

Rosbifke
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have always liked the idea of the ballistic shield (like the ones in Rainbow Six: Siege). The most common weapon used with these is a pistol, but i wondered if there’s anything more powerful out there which can be opperated one-handedly. An automatic weapon won’t work because shields are mostly used indoors so i wondered if there is something like a one-handed shotgun or shotgun pistol? That would be totally awesome.

Cheers.

• Supporters

there's the likes of the mad max sawnoff shotguns, but that's limited to 2 shots and a finnicky reload.

tbh as ak47frizzle says a compact smg/machine pistol is going to be your best bet, mp5k, mp7/9, an aeg would increase round count over a gbb (mp7 gbb isn't going to offer much over an extended mag glock) which would result in a much higher effective amount of fire.

tbh i suspect real shield tactics revolve more around one man with the shield and his buddies using him as mobile cover rather than a video game esque run and gun tank, i can speak from experience (local site used to have a couple of full size "riot" shields) and i can assure you it's damned awkward to fire and use it as cover (and it isn't as much cover as you'd think it is). most folks who do it effectively use it in the fashion of the old crossbowmen and drop the shield on the ground, lean it on their body and use their rifle 2 handed.

bearing in mind these are just cut up bits of plastic oil tank let alone actual steel and they were damned heavy, we did a juggernaut game where i was the "juggernaut" with the shield and could be tagged in by either team to fight for them but was otherwise invunerable (ironically making the shield a superfluous marker for who i was) and after a 30 minute game my response was "**** that to ******* hell some other ****** can take it next round my arm's ******"

to add to it a mate of mine made a replica of the rainbow 6 one out of steel and so far i've seen it be used for all of 1 game.

• Supporters

Some sites don't allow riot shields, "primarily because it's a game of airsoft and not a riot".

Pistols can be as "powerful" as a shotgun.  Mk23s can easily count as "DMRs" with a minimum engagement distance.

And how are you going to pump or reload a shotgun one handed?

Pretty much any gun that can be used one handed will have a semi auto mode.  This isn't as common as you might think:

QKBTdxh.png

Just checking something...

KgWYpqe.png

On 26/07/2018 at 09:28, Rogerborg said:

Some sites don't allow riot shields, "primarily because it's a game of airsoft and not a riot".

Pistols can be as "powerful" as a shotgun.  Mk23s can easily count as "DMRs" with a minimum engagement distance.

And how are you going to pump or reload a shotgun one handed?

Pretty much any gun that can be used one handed will have a semi auto mode.  This isn't as common as you might think:

QKBTdxh.png

Just checking something...

KgWYpqe.png

I do kinda airsoft. I’ve play two games in total now, so i have no clue what i am doing.

I have asked the people of the site i go to and they said shields are allowed, as long as both teams have one.

And by a one-handed shotgun i mean something preferably semi-auto and something that possibly spits out more BBs than a pistol. That probably doesn’t exist but it was worth asking.

On 26/07/2018 at 02:48, Adolf Hamster said:

there's the likes of the mad max sawnoff shotguns, but that's limited to 2 shots and a finnicky reload.

tbh as ak47frizzle says a compact smg/machine pistol is going to be your best bet, mp5k, mp7/9, an aeg would increase round count over a gbb (mp7 gbb isn't going to offer much over an extended mag glock) which would result in a much higher effective amount of fire.

tbh i suspect real shield tactics revolve more around one man with the shield and his buddies using him as mobile cover rather than a video game esque run and gun tank, i can speak from experience (local site used to have a couple of full size "riot" shields) and i can assure you it's damned awkward to fire and use it as cover (and it isn't as much cover as you'd think it is). most folks who do it effectively use it in the fashion of the old crossbowmen and drop the shield on the ground, lean it on their body and use their rifle 2 handed.

bearing in mind these are just cut up bits of plastic oil tank let alone actual steel and they were damned heavy, we did a juggernaut game where i was the "juggernaut" with the shield and could be tagged in by either team to fight for them but was otherwise invunerable (ironically making the shield a superfluous marker for who i was) and after a 30 minute game my response was "**** that to ******* hell some other ****** can take it next round my arm's ******"

to add to it a mate of mine made a replica of the rainbow 6 one out of steel and so far i've seen it be used for all of 1 game.

Well yea, i’ve only played two games in total so i have no clue what i am talking about. I just thought they looked quite fcking amazing.

• Supporters

Short shotgun , strap or lanyard attached to the pump grip other end held in the sheild hand so you can pump it whilst holding the sheild ? 

FBCD0F29-79C6-4580-8344-D4344B2D98E5.jpeg

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Rosbifke said:

I’ve play two games in total now, so i have no clue what i am doing.

If we knew what we were doing, we wouldn't be paying money to get shot with hard plastic balls. ;)

Gas shotguns are much, much easier to cock than springers.  The cocking action is really just resetting the firing mechanism, you're not putting the energy in yourself.  Sadly, they don't come cheap.  But wow, such fun, very mirthsome.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Gas shotguns are much, much easier to cock than springers.  The cocking action is really just resetting the firing mechanism, you're not putting the energy in yourself.  Sadly, they don't come cheap.  But wow, such fun, very mirthsome.

Oh yes there fun ! Always got a grin from ear to ear when the KSG comes out to go play somewhere ‘up close and personal’ ! 😈😈

😂😂😂😂

Archived