WE G18C Upgrade Advice

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As much as I love exotic pistols like the WE Desert Eagle, I do not think it would be a great choice despite how much I want it.

So, with that being said, I decided to go for the WE G18c just because it has fun mode and can keep up with co2. Yes, I will be using co2 as the scottish weather isn't favourable.

I do think I will use fun mode a lot, therefore I will need to invest in quite a few upgrades to which I need advice for.

Here are the upgrades I think I will need so far:

Optional that I want: http://boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm?id=ACE-RD-RMRBB-FG&curr_code=HKD

I am wondering what other internal upgrades I will need to retain durability with co2. I am also wondering what aesthetic changes there are to make it look more spicy, maybe like a bronze/silver colour slide taht can also house a red dot on it, or some other snazzy externals.

I did a bit of research on fps with co2 and apparently it's more or less the same and adding the valve may boost it but i'm not sure by how much.

Could change the inner barrel for a maple leaf crazy jet and a blue autobot bucking. 

Ptfe wrap the bucking onto the inner too, Keep her cleaned and greased and she will love you unconditionally. 

+1 for the crazy jet and any soft bucking really.

for ALL 3 of the WE glocks that I own though, I've found that the "I KEY" makes a huge difference - I find that the hop arm can never squeeze the bucking enough without one, even with a soft bucking.

They're fiddly to install but very cheap and great once you get it in there right.

They also increase the surface area of the nub on the bucking so that the BB is in contact with the rubber for longer - not only giving you the ability to squeeze the bucking more, but also giving you a much better hop with less squeeze, and less left/right sway. 

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-I-Key-For-Marui-WE-pistols.html

5 hours ago, callumbagshaw said:

+1 for the crazy jet and any soft bucking really.

for ALL 3 of the WE glocks that I own though, I've found that the "I KEY" makes a huge difference - I find that the hop arm can never squeeze the bucking enough without one, even with a soft bucking.

They're fiddly to install but very cheap and great once you get it in there right.

They also increase the surface area of the nub on the bucking so that the BB is in contact with the rubber for longer - not only giving you the ability to squeeze the bucking more, but also giving you a much better hop with less squeeze, and less left/right sway. 

https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-I-Key-For-Marui-WE-pistols.html

Bare in mind, not all WE arms will accept the i key. Some need an F key which is also really good

Archived